See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Back again to our favourite place on the planet. The rustic Caribbean charm, location and laid back atmosphere make blue mango a magical destination. The owners, Rebecca and Colin, welcomed us back as old friends or even family. Rebecca's cooking was as yummy as ever and she also gave my wife lessons on the baking of her wonderful pumpkin bread.
Can't wait to get back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Sea Steps Cottage (as well as a couple of nights in the Sweet Point, but more on that later) for two weeks in October.
We arrived late evening and everything was ready, key in the door. However, the front door lock did not work but that turned out to be one of the typical "Tobagonian" things in the cottage. There was a lock bedroom, so all was well.

Nothing can prepare you for the view from this place. The Blue Mango has one of the most perfect locations - anywhere. Period. With an unobstructed, westward view over the caribbean the days on the large balcony and the sunsets are epic. Nothing less.
The cottage itself is very "Tobagonian". By that I mean worn in a charming way and painted in the typical caribbean colors of pink, turquise and white. Things in Tobago (in my mind) is not supposed to be polished and prestine. Well, except for the views of cause.

The Sea Steps Cottage includes a bedroom, a bathroom, a large livingroom/kitchen and an annex, if you book that. The annex include bedroom and a bathroom with an amazing view from the shower as well. On top of that, you have direct access to a beach that you have completly to your self (other guests can go down there, but it will probably be yours alone). It is contained between two cliffs and there by sealed off from the rest of Castara Beach. Simply amazing.

We had some rough sea and noisy waves, so that should be taken into account. If you are not gifted with perfectly calm seas, you will have a very clear sound of the ocean. I'm guessing it won't be an issue most of the year, but keep it in mind.

We moved to the Sweet Point Cottage to get a bit away from the sea for a few days, as the Sweet Point is situated on top of the cliffs with an even more impressive view (if possible). It is much smaller but also cheaper to rent. It also have kitchen facilities but no seperate living room.

The owner, Coling, is an extremely friendly older man, that lives in a house on a cliff above. He will do the utmost to help you to have a perfect stay.

The Blue Mango is placed in Castara, which in our mind is the most attractive place to stay in Tobago, unless you are going for an all-out all-inclusive deal in a resort down south. The city is a fishing village with a handfull or more small cottages for rent as well as some appartments. Everything is build to fit into the laid back style of Tobago and is supported by a few shops and restaurants. All of them reccomendable.

All in all, if you want the experience Tobago the true caribbean way, go for The Blue Mango. Just remember ear plugs if you are there in the season for rain and waves ;-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Blue mango is situated on the beautiful bay Castara, but I would not advise anyone to go there.

Being robbed for the first time in my life on my honeymoon at Blue mango in the Trinity cottage is not the sole reason. One of the owners found it inconvenient to give us our money back until the police got involved.

Rebecca is a fantastic cook and most pleasant but her hotel is not secure enough. After a man entered our room and stole all our money, cell and wallets. Sadly I would not return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sweetieTrinidad
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here in Jan/13 & loved everything. Couldn't have been happier. The only thing is that our "to do list" was pretty much ignored because we were completely happy doing almost nothing. The view from Seascape Cottage was hypnotizing. Something was always happening on the beach & we spent a lot of time watching the beach in a daze. We bought different kinds of fruit for the birds & spent hours observing their habits. ( I know it was way more enjoyable than it sounds) We each read 3 books that week which is a record for both of us. My wife was able to get one of here best tans ever without going anywhere but the living room.The relaxed feeling was always the same whether we were drinking coffee, tea, or beer. Just wonderful. Rebecca & Colin are just great too. Look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charliewahoo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We loved our stay at Blue Mango cottages! The property is a bit run down but that is part of its charm. Rebecca was friendly and accommodating, although we didn't try her cooking like other reviewers have and I somewhat regret that now. It felt very Robinson Crusoe-like, going on little walkways and down steps to a private little cove beach where we swam every morning. It's a short swim over to the next beach where the Boathouse Restaurant is. We ended up borrowing snorkelling gear from a generous German couple we met on the beach, and promptly saw a 6+ ft stingray! We really enjoyed having snorkelling options so handy. Our balcony was quite private and secluded, and we couldn't get enough of having dinner and drinks out there. The view is perfect, and I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for a low-key, relaxing holiday in a picturesque nook of the world.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple