All reviews beach house sister properties salt bar free shuttle ice restaurant private beach grace bay water trampoline pool bar rental car bedroom suite shuttle service rum punch washer and dryer guest services full kitchen granite countertops
Reviewed July 13, 2018

I've only been here for about four hours and I can tell you I'm totally disappointed. First, upon arrival, we were quickly shown to the wrong room. Accordingly, we had to stand around and wait for management to move us to the two bedroom suite we had reserved, as opposed to the one bedroom room they booked for us. We also quickly found out that "all inclusive" at Blue Haven doesn't mean the same thing that "all inclusive" means at literally every other resort. Wine or liquor in your room? Nope. Room service? Nope. Snacks? Nope. Basically, substandard meals are included, and some excursions-that's about it. Also, I hope you don't think that great service is included. Absolutely, nope. The waitstaff was rude to us, told us we sat at someone else's table during the open seating "street party" and then argued with us when they served us the wrong drinks. I chose this resort because I thought the property would be more boutique and would offer a higher level of service than I had experienced at other all inclusive resorts like Beaches and Sandals. What can I say? I was wrong, wrong, wrong. At Blue Haven,I have managed to pay more for substandard service, inferior amenities, and an all-around lackluster experience. I'll be back to Turks & Caicos, but next time I'll go to a resort that actually knows how to offer proper service and amenities.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jenn5600
Reviewed July 12, 2018

This is a wonderful place for a true family vacation. The beach is small but totally like our own private beach. We never had to hurry to get chairs on the beach or by the pool. Our rooms were the lowest price rooms but were excellent and very clean. The breakfast buffet had very nice choices. The pool bar was the only place to get food for lunch but had excellent choices for beach and pool food. Dinner was served in their open air Fire and Ice Restaurant. The food choices at Fire and Ice were many and varied (also well prepared). Riley at the food service gave excellent service for breakfast and at the pool bar. Scott at the pool bar made sure that we and beverages any time we desired them. Stephen made our evening meal a time to remember. Romono from Jamaica even made sure we were not bored during the brief rain showers. If you need to be entertained this is not the place for you. Also my husband enjoyed that there was no gift shop. We arrived on Tuesday afternoon and were warmly welcomed. Dinner started at 6:00 p.m and Loyatoa helped 4 weary travelers. We were a three generation family with two 75 year olds and a 13 year old. All plan to return to Blue Haven Resort very soon.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Don and Kathy H
T-CCollectionSales, Director of Sales at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Don and Kathy,

Thanks for review and great comments for our team! Yes, Blue Haven is on the peaceful side, but that does seem to appeal to many who don't want the bustle of a large resort. We have been very successful with our "Fun Pals" entertainment team at our sister Alexandra Resort, so we are having them come over to Blue Haven for karaoke, beach party night, etc. to perk things up a bit. We look forward to welcoming your multi-generational family group soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We started our trip with a decent flight and taxi from the airport. We arrived at Blue Haven around 3:45. We were greeted with please let me have your ID and credit card; no welcome to Blue Haven we are so happy to have you. We were asked to sit down and then she (the front desk woman) disappeared and returned saying to please sign this and oh may I offer you a drink. She then showed us to our room, not explaining a thing about the resort or where to find anything. We were given a “welcome” envelope with a paper in it stating food availability times. We were given the impression from reviews that this resort was top notch and food and service was A+. To say disappointed is a total understatement. The food, service, helpfulness, accessibility, and care for customers in general here was absolutely a D- That’s not to say that the room and resort was not beautiful; it was! We enjoyed our trip and the relaxation it brought us. This resort, however, needs some SERIOUS assistance. Salt Bar, oh it’s closed. So now instead of the great chef they talk about having at Salt Bar and great food, they have Jammin’ by the Sea, where they serve up greasy bar style food next to the pool where they also play, on repeat I might add, gosh awful music. It was a reprieve when the music just wasn’t playing. It was definitely not guest friendly. It was a struggle daily to find someone to take our order, get some salt and pepper and more or less get an answer to anything. We took a taxi into town one day and the girl at the front decided to not tell us most of the shops at Salt Mill were closed. When I asked to help make reservations at Bella Luna, so we could eat a decent meal, she not only made it seem like the biggest task ever but she never made it. I had to go back to check and ask someone else. We visited Beach House while here and are so disappointed in our decision to not transfer there. Blue Haven was a disappointment and the management absolutely needs some help. I tried multiple times to get some assistance or to find some sort of someone in charge with zero luck. I WOULD NOT recommend this resort until they have a full overhaul of management and training of employees. It is not the employee fault, it’s the lack of management and care of guest enjoyment that’s the problem. Without proper training how is an employee supposed to know. All in all my experience was not that the guest was right but that they aren’t wrong. This could be a great resort with some serious help. I don’t suspect to hear from anyone within this resorts management as it is so poorly run, but I certainly hope they will make their improvements so that future guests will enjoy their stay

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank luvthesun1414
T-CCollectionSales, Director of Sales at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear luvthesun 1414,

We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. As management, we are very present in the resort and interact personally with the guests, so we are saddened to hear that you feel management is not responsive. We are a small resort with a small front office in the open air lobby. The front office manager, the food & beverage managers and even the General Manager Mr. Chahwan have their offices right in the small lobby, and they do recall meeting you, so we are surprised to hear that things were not made right for you or that we did not facilitate a move to our sister resort, Beach House, as you have indicated was your preference.

The new Jammin' By the Sea Beach Grill has been very well received, so much so that we only open the Salt Restaurant occasionally. Guests don't want to leave the beach area to walk over to Salt because we serve lunch under the coconut palm trees on the beach and offer beach service to lounge chairs. At Jammin' By The Sea, we are serving the items from the Salt menu of burgers, paninis, salads, appetizers and light fare along with other enhancements like a Caribbean lunch buffet. Granted, it would be easier to make all our guests leave the beach to come to the food at Salt, but we responded to our guests needs by delivering the food and creating a daytime dining experience where the guests want to be served. That, in our view, is responsive management. Again, we are sorry that you did not feel we were responsive enough, and we do hope you will consider Blue Haven again for your next holiday.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My family and I stayed at the blue haven the week of July 4th for 6 days. Everyone at this hotel is super friendly and have gone above and beyond to please their customers. The staff all work well together and hold a positive attitude when asked a question. (Michael, Lisa, Robert, the list goes on). Nothing like meeting genuine people who assist in making your time spent there a great one.
The only con that I have from my trip was the shuttle van to the other hotels. It was discouraging having to not be able to board the one available due to limited seating. I would suggest they hire more staff or get a bus for traveling to the sister hotels. However, if you aren't able to board the time you desire, there are others that ride around at certain times.
Other than that, my family and I enjoyed our time there. Hopefully, when we return, the issue will be fixed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephanie H
T-CCollectionSales, Director of Sales at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear Stephanie,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Blue Haven and thanks for praise about our "super friendly" team. We purchased a second shuttle bus to assist in the transfers between resorts, especially during busy weeks like the 4th of July. (I hope you all got over to see the fireworks at Alexandra!) Thanks for the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and the family back again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Location, location, location! My family- ages 75 to 2, just spent 1 week at the BluHaven. WOW. What an incredible week. This resort is a hidden gem. The suites are beautiful, the property is well kept and the staff is the best of its kind. They treated my family like their family and made our stay more than pleasant. It was incredible. The pool and beach front property are small but its ok. The hotel only has 50 rooms so there arent too many people on premises. The feel is private. As part of bluhaven you can visit their sister properties. All of the visitors from the Alexandra said that the bluhaven property itself was MUCH BETTER. I visited the alexandra for a meal, which was fine with very pleasant staff but I didnt get to see the rooms. I must say though that the hotel looked REALLY CROWDED but their beach was nice and big, however it was public. Solicitors constantly asking about braids and boat trips. (The bluhaven beach is the only private beach on the island so you don't have any of that compared to the other hotels). We did have an adult dinner at the beachouse sister property. It reminded me of the standard in miami. I would definitely go back there without kids for a few days. Dinner and drinks were awesome and the environment was romantic and perfect for the "adults only" requirement. In terms of the food at the bluhaven, the food was great. Breakfast was fresh with all of your standard buffet items. Lunch was made to order at the pool. Lots of fun lunch sandwiches, wraps, salads, and of course FRENCH Fries FOR DAYS! Dinner was good, some nights better than others but certainly made to order and well done. The staff AMAZING!!!!- Michael, Robert, Lisa, Noelle, Scott, Genny, Angela, Alexandra, Smiley, the list goes on and on. These people made our trip REALLY SPECIAL. They are honest, sincere, loving and welcoming. A true delight!!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lauren V

Dear Lauren,

Thanks for the "Wow" review and the kind comments for our team. Your family is our family at Blue Haven! We are glad that you got to experience our sister properties, too. Thanks for the recommendations and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon.