New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Providenciales
New York and Chicago
“West Bay Club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Just stayed there from May10-May 15. I stayed in a one bedroom luxury and it was well worth the money. Oceanfront suite that was outstanding! Beach was empty except for 2 other couples and a group of 4 girls. The restaurant on the property had continental breakfast, but other than that, the food was just OK. Turks and Caicos is great for relaxation, but definitely not a hot party area. We didn't do any excursions, just preferred to lay on the beach and it was perfect for that!

Room Tip: One bedroom luxury!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank nyc_and_chi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed at the West Bay Club for a few nights in April and we loved it! This is a small hotel with great amenities and a wonderful staff. The rooms are amazing and they all seem to have somewhat of an ocean view. The beach is also great since it's not crowded and wider than other parts. Once you walk down near Beaches the beach gets very crowded and very narrow. We ate at the hotel every night expect for one when we went over to the Gansevoort. The restaurant was awful and very expensive! The restaurant staff was very nice though. The hotel is also nice and they have a great spa and outside yoga classes. We went to the West Bay spa which was fine but very small and barely a spa for the cost. The best spa we found was at the Regent Palms.

This hotel is perfect if you want something low key. We went with friends and both families have babies and it was perfect for us. They have sand toys down the beach, non-motorized water sports, and floats and rafts at the pool. The breakfast was included and was fine and included bagels, fruit, yogurt, and pastries. The only complaint was that our bed wasn't comfortable. Also, drinks are expensive and the market up the street is very pricey. If you want to buy alcohol find out where the locals shop! We would definitely head back here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank epaone
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at the West Bay Club in January 2011. I have never written a review, but have told so many people about this wonderful hotel and amazing island that I felt like I wanted to write my first review about the WBC. We traveled with our two grown children to have some family time and stayed in a two bedroom suite with an ocean view. I can't say enough about how nice it was. Everything was new and clean - large balcony with an amazing view of the most beautiful beach in the world.The most wonderful turquoise water and soft white sand. At night, we had our bedroom window open and we slept to the sound of the ocean.

Everyone at the West Bay Club was so nice. From the front desk, to the bartender and the housekeeping staff. The staff at the beach was wonderful as well. They made sure you had everything you needed and even gave us a free catamaran sailing lesson!

This hotel is on the quietest end of the beach, so you are not going to walk to much - but that is what we like on our vacations. Peaceful beach and then we took a cab for our shopping and dinners. We did go next door one night and had dinner at the outdoor restaurant at the Ganesvoort hotel, and the food was the best we had on the island.

We did a 1/2 day snorkeling trip where we found our own conch shells and the crew fixed them for lunch on a private little beach. We then got to bring the conch shells home. The people on this island are all so friendly.

Best vacation ever- I can't wait to go back and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
15 Thank JME1961
Dlunderwood, Manager at West Bay Club, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time to post your review. All of us at The West Bay Club appreciate your kind words and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Roxana Underwood
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I want to start with the positives, because there was so much wonderful about this place and Provo. With a few very notable exceptions, the people were exceptionally friendly. The staff at the front desk was helpful and answered every question with a smile.

My wife and I, with another couple, stayed in an immaculate two bedroom ocean-side suite that included four-poster king sized beds, a huge living area, a well supplied kitchen, two washer/dryers, modern cabinet hardware, dedicated wifi, and two bathrooms the size of most bedrooms at other resorts in the Caribbean (I could go on). For most of the week, I struggled to grasp why a place like this had at best a 25% occupancy during our stay. The included continental breakfast at the Atlantic Bar & Grill was adequate, and the morning staff very friendly.

The resort is located toward the western end of Grace Bay and the beach was AMAZING. The sand was so soft, it was like walking on flour. Wally, Jeffrey, Edward & the rest (the "Beach Boys", as they were affectionately known) kept constant watch over our area and always jumped at the chance to do everything from setup an umbrella to take you out and show you how to use the hobby cats. Their positive attitude made us feel right at home. Rain or shine, they were wonderful.

Initially, the only thing negative we encountered was the fact that our toiletries (and toilet paper) weren't replenished. The other couple got a bit of an attitude from the cleaning folks when they asked for shampoo. We did notice that the shampoo wasn't stocked on the carts that they pushed around (otherwise we'd have swiped it ourselves, like we did toilet paper). It MAY be the resort's policy to not replenish these items unless asked.. they had several other "conservational"-type things where they wouldn't swap out towels or bed linens unless prompted. There may have been something similar with shampoo and TP. But even so, there's no justification for the bad attitude. It was relatively minor, and I didn't think much of it at the time.

Our last night, we decided to have dinner at the restaurant on site, Atlantic Bar & Grill. I can say with great confidence, this was the worst service I've experienced at any restaurant anywhere. There were two waiters for our table of four, and both were unfriendly to blatantly rude right from the start. It's very difficult to convey tone in this forum, but the impatience and attitude was off the charts from the get go and didn't let up. Very surprising since we were the only party there the whole night. We ignored it as best we could because on the contrary, the food was quite good and we were surprised to find that the iced tea refills were included (always a plus!). We had conch fritters at every restaurant we found on the island, and though it hurts to say it now, these were the best. The only exception was my wife's order of fish fingers, which were under cooked. The flour-paste breading was almost liquid throughout. She asked for the conch chowder instead; it was also part of the conch sampler appetizer, and EXCELLENT.

When we got the bill, I was surprised to see SIX iced teas on it for three of us who had them. I tracked down the server (by the bar, watching tv), and asked about them. Apparently the FIRST refill is free, THEN you buy another one. I asked how many we received, and was told "ten, you have two more". More than a little irritated by the whole night, I told him we'd take the two. It wasn't until I got back to the table that I noticed we were also charged for the fish that was sent back. I half expected it at this point, but I figured if we were being charged for it, the least he could have done was leave it so we could feed the little lizards who were running around everywhere. When he eventually came by with the two drinks, I asked him to remove the fish and was told the "system is locked, we can't take off food". We pressed him to take the extra drinks off instead. After quite a bit of back and forth, he agreed to remove the extra drinks. But on his way back to the computer, he grabbed the two drinks he had just dropped off and took them with him!! It's laughable, in retrospect... It's as if the goal was to ensure the (only) patrons of the restaurant were as unhappy as possible with their experience the night before checkout!

We spoke with the manager the next morning during checkout. She had obviously already been prepped by the wait staff. Her initial attitude was "he fixed it. He took off the extra drinks, right?" Then "if we credit you the $17 fish, would that make you happy?" She seemed to completely miss the point, and made me feel pretty cheap about the whole thing. We had just dropped several thousands of dollars to stay the week.. it wasn't an issue of $3 drinks or a $17 plate of food. We weren't looking for money, just sympathies or empathy.. SOMETHING to convince us it would be worth coming back. We didn't get it, just "here's $17.. hopefully you'll be okay with that". I expected more from the general manager.

To sum it up, if you can..
- avoid the restaurant like the plague
- bring your own toiletries
.. there's a good chance you'll have the best vacation of your life. TCI is outstanding in every way. We'll be going back, just not staying at West Bay Club.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
31 Thank Bryan T
Dlunderwood, Manager at West Bay Club, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear guest, thank you for the kind remarks about our beautiful Island, our resort and our friendly staff. As you probably remember, I personally took care of your party reservation. In the process I have shown you sympathy and understanding to insure that you and your friend get the best possible value for your stay. To be even more empathetic and to show how much we appreciate that you took your friend’s- that stayed here- advise, I extended a restaurant credit which was used on your last night.
Because we are all about insuring a great guests experience and because we value all guests comments we discuss with the staff all the issues raised by our guests. We did the same with your post. Please allow me to clarify a few of your comments.
The West Bay Club prides itself to be a promoter of green living and a leader in energy conservation. The program to which you refer as:…conservational-type thing… is called Project Planet. In today’s living, conservation is a norm expected and respected by the savvy travelers. The program is posted in every room and encourages the guests to help us conserve power, energy and resource. Our lodging team is trained to follow these guidelines along with the guest’s requests which are at no time turned down.
The lodging staff carts are stocked with cleaning supplies, linen, amenities and paper goods. The Molton Brown amenities, if used are replenished with the daily service. The Molton Brown amenities are not left on the carts in plain view because of this exact reason: … (otherwise we'd have swiped it ourselves, like we did toilet paper). In regard to the staff attitude I will address this matter on an individual basis.
I appreciate your praises about our food and I shared your notes with our chefs. At the same time I regret the upset the two waiters on duty caused your party. One of them is no longer working at our restaurant.
Dear Guest, I must admit that despite some of your negative comments you summed up in your posting the best reasons travelers should stay with us at WBC for which I thank you:

-…there was so much wonderful about this place and Provo …beach was AMAZING. The sand was so soft, it was like walking on flour. Wally, Jeffrey, Edward & the rest (the "Beach Boys", as they were affectionately known) kept constant watch over our area. Their positive attitude made us feel right at home. Rain or shine, they were wonderful….
-…immaculate two bedroom ocean-side suite that included four-poster king sized beds, a huge living area, a well supplied kitchen, washer/dryers, modern cabinet hardware, dedicated wifi, and two bathrooms the size of most bedrooms at other resorts in the Caribbean …
-…the people were exceptionally friendly. The staff at the front desk was helpful and answered every question with a smile.
-... the food was quite good …and we were surprised to find that the iced tea refills were included (always a plus!). We had conch fritters at every restaurant we found on the island, and though it hurts to say it now, these were the best…

One of my jobs as a manager is to make sure guests are happy and to resolve issues. Since the inexcusable restaurant experience you had was prepaid with the restaurant credit I included with your reservation, the automatic question that comes to a sympathetic mind is what else can I do to make you happy? …After all it was clear from the very first e mail that it’s all about money…so I obliged
Roxana Underwood
Rowley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have stayed at a few places on Grace Bay and found the West Bay Club has the nicest rooms and all the staff are friendly and helpful. That section of the beach is wide and uncrowded and very beautiful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank john m
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We just got back from our Spring break trip at the West Bay Club and had a Fabulous time! There were 8 of us staying in the 4 bedroom suite. I have to say the suite was beautiful and huge! I could have gotten lost in there. It is actually 5 bedrooms, if you count the den which had a hide-a-bed couch, its own tv, sink and mini fridge. Beautiful beachfront view! The room was very well appointed, clean, and beautifully decorated. Very reasonably priced for what we got. Greeted us with free rum punch at check-in. The staff at the hotel was awesome, especially the beach crew! There were 10 of us total (2 ppl staying in another room) and after the first day, when we went out to the beach, the beach attendants recognized us and took us over to others in our party. Set up chairs, towels, took drink orders, brought us free watermelon snacks. One day they even had 10 chairs & towels lined up and ready for all of us when we got to the beach! Great service! They also took my husband and daughter out on a hobie cat ride, and taught them how to use the paddle boards. The West Bay Club is on a great stretch of beach that isn't too crowded like some of the other places down the beach.

I've seen people complain about the free breakfast here... really people? It's free. The breakfast was perfectly fine, Bagels, pastries, cereal, fruit, coffee, juices, etc... it was plenty for us to grab a quick bite before we headed off to the beach. The pool area wasn't as extravagant as say... the Gansevoort, but I really don't know why people would spend time at any pool when you have the beautiful beaches and crystal clear water just steps away? Isn't that the reason you traveled to Turks and Caicos in the first place? If you stay here, walk down the beach to "Somewhere" at the Coral Gardens for lunch or dinner. They have drink specials every day... mojito monday, tequila tuesday, etc... with half price drinks, and great fish tacos! Some of our other favorite places to eat: Magnolia Wine Bar (great food and view, definitely go here) Mango Reef, (great food and atmosphere) The Shark Bite (try the almond crusted grouper, mmmm good). Hemingways was good also. Went to Las Brisas for lunch, beautiful view of Chalk Sound!

If you are traveling here, I would definitely rent a car to get easily to restaurants, as they are spread out over the island. And also so you can take a trip to the other side of the island to visit Taylor Bay beach...one of the most beautiful places I've been! Head to the "downtown" area and hit the salt mills area, there are some cute little shops there for souvenirs that have more than your normal keychains, shot glasses, and t-shirts. Came home with some local artwork which I love. Don't forget to visit Potcake Place in the Salt Mills shopping area, cute little homeless potcake puppies looking for a new home! Danny Buoys was a fun night spot, with karaoke on Tuesday night, all the locals are friendly and welcoming! Husband had fun at the casino playing poker. Go watch the sun set from the infinity bar at the Grace Bay Club with one of their yummy martinis! Oh and don't forget the Conch Shack! Great beach bar, great rum punch, and live music on Sunday afternoons!

Driving on Provo was interesting, and a little scary... yes they drive on the left, but that really wasn't the problem...there aren't any stop signs or lights on the island, just a bunch of round-a-bouts and crazy drivers. We rented a car from Grace Bay Car rentals, which got good reviews online, but I would probably look elsewhere next time. The cars were pretty run down and I always wondered if we would make it from one location to another without breaking down. The car my sister rented was two different cars pieced together, one brand on the front, one brand on the back? Both cars had well over 100,000 miles on them. There were cars from other rental companies I saw while driving that looked to be in a little better shape than what we had. Oh, one more thing, there are mosquitos that come out on the island at night, so bring mosquito repellent, and keep the screen closed in your room after dark :)

Definitely will be back to the island and to the West Bay Club! Thanks for the great Vacation!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Kris C
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from four nights in an ocean front one bedroom luxury room. If you stay here I would definately pay the extra money for the oceanfront room. We were on the second floor. I would have rather been on a higher floor but it was high enough to see the sand. I was concerned that we would encounter unfriendly staff, but we had good luck for the most part. Some of the staff upon approach seem to be very standoffish, but after engaging they seem to warm up. Check in was quick and overly friendly. We had our taxi driver (Par with Super 7) come back and take us to the grocery store for snacks, wine, beer and breakfast. After seeing the pricing that West Bay would charge to get our groceries for us, I opted to spend $30 for cab fair rather than over $50 for them to provide me with groceries that I couldn't even guarantee. We had dinner the first night at Seven. We had the pork belly and lobster. Both were wonderful. Don't order the scallop appetizer. It was yummy but for I think $12-15 there were only two scallops. Dinner was $200, but the food, setting and service were all spot on. The first morning, we ate at Somewhere Cafe at Coral Gardens. It was nice to have an option within walking distance. The food and setting were good. We were too afraid to try breakfast at West Bay Club, after all of the bad reviews, so we ate food in the room or at Somewhere Cafe. FYI: There was salt, pepper, sugar and sweet n low in the room so you may not have to get any when going to the store. We didn't get lucky with good wheather. The first day was windy but tolerable. The second and third full days were too windy to even get in the water. We were unable to snorkel until our last day on the island which was a bummer. On a walk down the beach we spotted a shark in very shallow water right off the beach. We asked one of the guys working on the beach and he said that sometimes they see sharks. Uugghh. It made me a little nervous to snorkel but thankfully I had two days of wind to get my nerve back up. We also had dinner at Coco Bistro and Bay Bistro. Both were wonderful.

We went to the casino once. It was fun but the staff there is horrible. They do offer free shuttle service back to your hotel though.

Saturday we went out on the sailboat Beluga. The wind prevented us from snorkeling and the rough seas made it much less enjoyable than we were hoping. We did get to see JoJo the dolphin who came to visit us at the boat though and Captain Nik was fabulous. He made a potentially back trip enjoyable.

We asked the beach staff on our first day whether we were supposed to snorkel in the middle of the bouys at Coral Gardens or outside of the bouys and they said to snorkel inside the bouys only. Once we finally snorkeled on our last day we thankfully realized that the beach staff was incorrect. You snorkel outside of the bouys because the rocks are so close to the surface inside of the bouys. On our way out of the water a man was standing up in the middle of the bouys screaming at his buddies on the beach that he saw something huge. You are not supposed to stand or even touch the coral as it destroys it. A man quickly came running out of Coral Gardens screaming to get the man out from inside the buoys. OMG. The snorkeling at Coral Gardens was pretty good and extremely convenient.

The room was large and wonderfully decorated. The bed caved in the middle so it made for a rough night of sleep. Room 209 needs a new matress. The dryer never stops until you open it manually so don't put anything in the dryer and leave thinking it will stop, because it won't.

We had lunch on our last day at Atlantic Grill and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff. Everyone was very accomodating and friendly and the food was pretty good. It made me sorry I didn't eat there more often during our trip.

While West Bay has the best beach and a gorgeous room with a gorgeous view, I don't know that I would stay here again. It is just too remote and it would have made our trip so much easier had we been able to walk to shops and more restaurants. I would pay extra to stay somewhere a little closer to everything. I really wanted to be within walking distance to snorkeling though. I guess you can't have it all.

We spent at least $15 each way for the taxi each time we left the hotel. Ask the front desk to call Par with Super 7 taxi service. He and his wife Delitha? were prompt and very friendly. We could ask him to pick us up the next day at 7pm and he or his wife would be there, on time, every time. Very reliable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple