Royal West Indies Resort
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$475
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$485
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$810
US$786
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$880/night.

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$705
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$705
The Sands at Grace Bay(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$324
Orbitz.com
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$279
Travelocity
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$490
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$612
Orbitz.com
Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$500
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
2,075 results
All reviewsquiet poolmango reefpelican bay restaurantbotanical viewcoco bistroocean viewgrocery storequiet zonegrace bayclub medwasher and dryerfull kitchenstayed in buildingrented a carbeautiful beachthird floorfree bikes
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We just spent a great week at RWI. This was our second year in a row and we have not returned to any other of our previous destinations. We had a studio garden view instead of the one bedrom suite last year which was just as nice, that was tastefully done. The gardens are one of kind, and that beach is to die for. The staff was very accommodating and the service excellent. Why stay any where else in Provo? Rent a car from Grace Bay rentals, it is worth the cost for the flexibility, go to Taylor Bay and the other beaches on the island. Don't forget it is an island, food is expensive! But you are vacation, live it up. We stopped at other resorts on this trip to compare, and there is no comparison, RWI is well worth the money!

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank ATH54
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Recommended this hotel by a travel agent specializing in scuba holidays and was pleased with the resort. We had a unit with 2 bedrooms and some shared living space which was clean, well equipped and well maintained. The pool areas were nicely landscaped and there was easy access to the beach, though a long walk from some units. Color of the sea was gloriously turquoise and the beach staff were helpful, setting up new umbrellas when all the rest were taken. The beach is very built up though with a solid line of hotels and resorts. Not the place to go if you were hoping to get away from people, particularly families with small children. Main disappointment was the restaurant which was very average at best and extremely overpriced, particularly for breakfast. Luckily there is a grocery store less than 10mins walk ( or 5 mins on the free bicycles) and we used our kitchen to make breakfast. Although we had no problem in this area, there were many days when people seemed to be hanging around waiting to get into their room ( check in seems to be way later than one major flight arrives) so make sure your bathing suit is in your hand luggage and if you have small children who do not do well with waiting, aim to take the later US airways flight to T&C arriving at the hotel after 3. RWI is near the end of the Grace Bay strip so many restarants and shops were a fair distance. Free hotel bikes not allowed out at night. Taxi easily arranged by hotel staff and was $20 per ride for 4 of us; taxi to and from the airport $15 per person in a minivan that accomodated all our luggage easily

2  Thank Cathy G
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Terrible experience. I had to arrive a day later because of a strike at the Turks & Caicos airports, I called the hotel in advance to notify this, but they did charge me for that first night anyway! I have lost more than USD 300 because of this and they did not even agree to credit my account to at least spend the money in the restaurant! they just stole the money from me! and the Operations Manager even told me that the hotel did not care about my late arrival, even after acknowledging that it was a generalized problem in Turks & Caicos. They did not even care that I was travelling with my 6-month preganant wife. This experienced ruined my stayed in Provo. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL, THEY DO NOT TREAT THE GUESTS AS THEY SHOULD (AND THAT'S THE ESSENCE OF THE WHOLE HOSPITALITY BUSINESS!!!). This is no exageration, see my other reviews and you will see that I have been lucky enough to travel around the globe. This hotel made me feel as bad as never before.

24  Thank JorgeLD
Jeffrey B, General Manager at Royal West Indies Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Dear Jorge LD

Thank you for the response regarding your stay at Royal West Indies Resort. Firstly, as a "Senior Contributor on Trip Advisor" I find your claim that "we" stole one night from you absolutely inaccurate and completely incorrect. The strike at the local Providenciales airport was unfortunate and beyond the control of the resort. The room category that you booked was reserved for your specific dates. As a result, a last minute cancellation either in full or for part of the nights would incur a charge as we cannot resale that room for that lost night.

Our website clearly states our cancellation policy/period in which charges would apply. In your review you state that you called the day before, however, that is not within our cancellation period, therefore a charge was applied. This policy is similar or common to all global hotels, resorts, airline, tour companies, etc. This is the primary reason why TRAVEL & TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE is highly recommended.

I am sorry you did not have a good experience. Royal West Indies Resort has received several accolades since its inception and continues to outperform several other resorts in the region. The resort management company that operates the property prides itself "on the essence of the hospitality business".

We wish you all the best in your future insured travels.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. My girlfriend and I stayed in Provo for 2 nights in the Alexandria hotel and were supposed to go to Grand Turk for 2 nights when our flight was cancelled due to firemen striking at the airport. We stayed in Provo and chose the Royal West Indies as a change. What a difference. The entire grounds is full of lush, colorful gardens that really make you feel like you're in a tropical paradise. We stayed on the 2nd floor with an ocean view and watched the sun set over Provo for the next two nights. Great 2 pools and hot tub. Friendly staff. Good restaurant and cool bar. Really big difference to the Alexandria which we both found to be incredibly bland, or as another hotel guest put it, sterile. There are a couple of things I should point out that are missing IF you need them: 1) an elevator to get to the 2nd and 3rd floor (might be tough for the elderly), 2) a restaurant on the beach (in my opinion the point is to walk down the beach and choose a restaurant outside of your hotel). Make sure you check out Malcolm's beach and Pelican beach if you go.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 222 and 223 in building 2 - AMAZING VIEWS!
5  Thank GatorNYC
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This place is honestly a mini paradise. The resort has a very "tropical" feel with lush gardens and a beautiful beach. The restaurant was perfect and the food was so good! The people who work here were so friendly and really seemed like they care about you having a good stay. The only con with the RWI is the ladies at the front desk were rude...

If your looking for a party atmosphere this is not the right place for you, very relaxing, quiet and a great time to get away. One night of the week they had a rum punch party with a dj which was something a little different but VERY fun. The island food is expensive but worth the price for sure. Would come back here in a second!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends