“Very helpful and professional service”
Review of Sands at Grace Bay

Sands at Grace Bay
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Providenciales
“Very helpful and professional service”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

After phoning the resort before arrival to find out we had not been booked into a balcony suite as requested, Manager Raymond Yip and staff were very helpful in working out a solution, even at the last minute. As it turned out, we were not able to go due to an accident, but our friends continued with the trip and were very satisfied with the arrangements.
My thanks to Raymond and we will look forward to attending the Sands later this year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Sands_Managment, Manager at Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear Manan46,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your interaction with Raymond as well as letting us know how your frined’s stay was.

We appreciate your kind remarks about Raymond and will certainly share them with our entire team. Indeed, Raymond is truly one of our very best!

We hope that you will be able to visit in the near future and look forward to welcoming you to Provicenciales.

Mona Beeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Sands was awesome. The staff was professional and courteous. The food at Hemingways was awesome. We ate there on Valentine's day and they gave me a rose. I thought that was a nice touch.

The beach was beautiful and very clean. The staff at the beach was quick to set up an umbrella And chairs for us at any time.

We will definitely got there again!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Travelwithgrac
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I went on this trip with for a company annual holiday party. The hotel was nice, they are converted condos. The food at Hemingways was delicious and you are a short walk to restaurants and other hotels. The gym was subpar and most of the machines were broken. Since this was a company trip, I am unsure of the cost and value, but I would definently return to Turks and Caicos!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CWGators22
Thank you for your feedback. We have sent by Fedex the necessary replacements parts to get the machines repaired. We anticipate repairs to be completed shortly. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Raymond
NY, NY
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I'm not sure why the Sands gets so many good reviews; overall my husband and I thought it was a very disappointing place to stay. It appears that this is a very large time-share property, and I'm not sure if this is why, but the service was terrible. From check in to check out, no one acted interested in assisting you or making your stay enjoyable. The rooms are extremely dated - if you do stay here, I would recommend spending the extra money and getting a larger room with the outdoor space and staying on an upper floor. We originally were put in a first floor studio room, which was like a 1970's beach dungeon. The concierge was useless -I called one night for help with a reservation at a popular nearby restaurant, and she did not even know of the restaurant, and when she found it she connected me to make the reservation myself, and then I was charged for the call upon check out.

The grounds are well maintained and nice, but the pools were very cold, and the hot tub was even only luke warm. There were many families with small children there, so if you are looking for more of an adult trip, this is not the place to stay. The Hemmingway's restaurant should be avoided - the food is very low-quality, the service is again terrible, and it is very overpriced. Food on the island is generally over-priced, but there are many places with much better food that are more worth spending your money on.

Some of the positives are 1) that the hotel is in a good location - if you walk left out of the property it is a short walk to other hotels, a grocery store and tons of shopping and restaurants and 2) there is good food and drink service on the beach.

Overall, Turks & Caicos is a great island to visit with amazing beaches all along Grace Bay, but I would recommend staying at a different property.

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra money and get a larger unit with outdoor space if you stay here. And mos...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cah234
Sands_Managment, Manager at Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
We appreciate feedback from all our guests and continuously work on improving our product and service at the hotel. We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the studio courtyard room you reserved. We did offer you an opportunity to move to an upper category room type however it was declined.

Your comments about our staff will certainly be shared so that we may have a better understanding of the circumstances and take any corrective action.

We were delighted to note that you enjoyed the many other aspects of your stay including Hemingway’s Restaurant beach services.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Providenciales in the future.
central penna.
Reviewed 18 February 2012

If you want to experience the best vacation while in Provo, stay at The Sands ay Grace Bay. The staff is all wonderful and friendly. Had a problem with our room when we arrived ( not the room we expected). Miguel upgraded us to an oceanfront room for a minimal charge and the room was beyond our expectation. The room was furnished nicely, with maid service daily, the grounds are impeclably kept.

The food at Hemingways was delicious, whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. Definately reccomend it!

If you are a snorkler, go on the Reef Peepers excursion, snorkling for conch and the snorkling the coral reef is an amazing experience. The sunset catamaran cruise was a drink fest, a little disappointing as I'm not a big drinker.

This was my first visit to Turks & Caicos but it won' t be my last.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify oceanfront if you really want a view of the ocean, other wise a oceanview room...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank byzalot
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed at the Sands at Grace Bay the second week of January this year, 2012 and had a fabulous time. The suite we stayed in was very spacious with a king bed, wrap around porch, granite kitchen, large living room, two baths and everything was to the 9's. The architecture allowed us to have sliding glass doors and the wrap around porch with privacy from our neighbors. The pools and landscaping that cascade around the premises are lovely including secluded hammocks. The staff was very attentive, the sand like white powder, and towels were offered galore! I had never been to the Turks and Caicos, indeed my husband and I had not been away without our children for our first 22 years of marriage, and I wanted spectacular and restful, and predictable for a short 3 night, 4-day get away, easy to get to from Miami Airport. It was just what the Dr. ordered! We walked down the beach to the Grace Bay coral reef which was a lovely 20 minute walk when we did not get a wonderful ride on The Sands' Catamaran. We went off on a dive boat recommended by the hotel staff and had a fabulous time diving for conch, sand dollars, and eating our wonderful fresh meal from our bounty. I had picked the Sands off of the internet and became a bit skid dish just before we left because of one bad review of The Sands, but it was so wrong! It was a complaint about the lack of towels for the beach and the noise etc. I could not imagine a more lovely and serene setting for our get-away.

Room Tip: We had the ocean view and loved it.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Honeysmom7286
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Well, sure, this review is late, but people get busy, ya know. :)

My wife and two sons (5 years old, 9 months old) stayed for a week here in September 2011. We had originally been booked into the Beaches in Turks and Caicos, but they shut themselves down for renovations, forcing us to look for other accommodation. All I have to say is "Thank God Beaches shut themselves down", as Sands at Grace Bay was absolutely wonderful.

We had originally been booked into the Oceanview 2 bedroom unit, but after dealing with a few minor issues with the room, we were moved to a Oceanfront 2 BR unit, and all I can say is "Wow". The bonus of this resort that you don't see in all the T+C resorts is a fully-screened- in balcony. With the big-time mosquito population at night, this made a huge, huge difference. It was wonderful to sit on the balcony (which I ball-parked at being at least 600 sq ft) in the early morning or late at night and just enjoy the view and atmosphere.

The unit was spacious, with 2 full bathrooms, and two very comfortable bedrooms. They also gave us a very nice crib for our baby son. A fully-equipped kitchen and a washer/dryer also helped a lot.

The swimming pools were such a highlight that just yesterday, our 5 year old asked us if we could go back to T+C to swim in the pools. There were several of them - a large one near Hemingway's; a smaller one with a waterfall and a lazy river; and another one tucked away. This is where we spent a lot of our time. The beach was also wonderful, and when everyone says that T+C have the best sandy beaches, they are not lying. Never in my life had I seen the white sand beaches they have on T+C. The water was so clear, we could see schools of fishes swimming around our ankles!

Hemingway's, the on-site restaurant, was a treat to eat at. Our 5 year old, without any prompting from us, managed to order a different thing off of the kid's menu each day, and loved it all. I myself was partial to anything conch-related, but they did a great job with all of the food. Hemingway's also "delivers" to you pool-side, which was a big plus, when you have 2 kids and need to watch them.

I would not complain about anything from our trip, as the service and the attentiveness that the staffr showed us was quite nice.

Room Tip: Try and splurge for the oceanfront rooms. But even if you just end up with oceanview, units are tru...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family