My husband and I recently returned from a 4 night stay at The Sands. The resort was top notch, and our vacation was relaxing and beautiful -- just what the doctor ordered. Here is a point-by-point review of our experience at The Sands:
Location: Perfect. 10 minute ride from the airport. Right on Grace Bay.
Beach: Soft, gorgeous white sand, clear turquoise water, private palapa trees and lounge chairs for resort guests
Resort: The resort has a lush, tropical vibe. The landscaping is divine. We especially like the way that their pool is arranged. There is a traditional main pool right near the ocean (with lounge chairs circled all around it), but then there is a long and winding pool that ebbs and flows throughout the property. At each bend, there are private alcoves for 4 or 5 lounge chairs, and shady areas to privately take a dip in the water and then read a book. Occassional waterfalls meant the water was always flowing, never stagnant, and the unusual design of the pool gave the whole resort an intimate/never crowded/alive feeling.
Accommodations: We purchased one of the cheaper rooms at the resort, and it was --- wonderful! It was more like a mini-suite than a hotel room. It had a separate bedroom, living room with kitchenette, and bathroom. And even though we didn't have a private deck, there was a table and two chairs outside our room on the shared balcony overlooking the pool. The kitchenette came in handy -- we were able to buy groceries on the island and save money on breakfast and lunch (...so we could splurge on dinner + dessert!).
Amenities: We used a number of their amenities. Our favorites were (1) Bikes - made it easy to go to town and get an ice cream, go shopping, or stock up on groceries. These were free to use. (2) Hobbie cats - top quality mini catamarans that really moved fast! The resort allowed you to take them out yourself, or they would send someone with you for a private ride (free of charge) if you wanted. (3) Coconut Grove - They had a series of hammocks in a shady grove, where you could retreat if the sun was too much. The fresh breeze made this a welcome spot, and the rich tropical landscaping made each hammock feel a world away.
Service: A+. We felt like kings. The folks at The Sands were unusually kind, patient, and thoughtful. Service must be one of their core values.
Timing: May is technically shoulder season, but it was really a great time. The weather was good (86 during the day, 75 at night, mostly sunny but a few overcast hours here and there which were frankly a relief from the sun). The best part was that the resort and the whole town seemed to be at only 40 or 50% capacity. We were able to get any reservation we want, and always got a plum table. At the beach and the pool, we always were able to get a lounge chair. It was perfect!
I would highly suggest The Sands, and my husband & I both agree that we'd be happy to return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales