All reviewsleeward beachunderground parkinggated communityhot tubminute drivegrace bayrented directlyhour securitypool table and ping pong tablebedroom premiumfull kitchenchairs and umbrellaswasher dryerlarge poolrenting a carbeautiful beachbath unit
Reviewed August 8, 2016

I stayed at this property for a week in July during a girl's trip with my mother and aunts. Overall, we were impressed with the property and felt it was a good value. Seems like most of the complaints here on TA for this property are from people who didn't do their research to understand the amenities on this property. I do think the use of the word "Resort" is highly misleading though, as these are basically condos. There is no daily maid service (I believe you can add it for a fee though), and no restaurants or bars on site. There is a small store on premises that sells some essentials but I went in a couple of times, and there was no one to ring me up on one occasion so I left. I went in another time and there was a very sweet young woman working there that was fun to talk to. The units themselves were clean, as was the pool area. We asked someone working there if there was a gym and we were told no....yet we later found one right off of the pool area. Maybe they only call them "fitness centers" in Turks and Caicos and they don't know what the word "gym" means. :) Regardless, it had everything you'd need to get a decent workout in, and the equipment was fairly modern.

Now for the bad:
There were very tiny bugs ALL OVER the kitchen counters and all over the master bath vanity. Seems like they were drawn to the moisture? We didn't complain, but I'm sure if we mentioned it they would have addressed it.

There was a rooster that woke us up EVERY SINGLE DAY at 5am and it didn't stop crowing until 6/6:30a. Every 30-45 seconds for over an hour. Prevented all of us from truly feeling rested on this vacation. I believe it was a wild rooster almost right outside our window and it was no fault of the Atrium's but I'd likely not stay here again for this reason. Sleep on vacation is a MUST! :-)

The king-size bed in the master bedroom was the hardest bed I've ever slept on. I'm a side sleeper and within about 3 mins of laying on my side, my shoulder was throbbing.

No staff ever around in reception. The day of check-in I had to ring the bell multiple times before someone finally appeared at the reception desk. The day of check-out, I waited around for at least 10 mins for someone to check me out and I finally hunted down the manager of the spa who called the reception person on the phone to tell them that I and another group were trying to check out. Finally I couldn't wait any longer as I had a flight to catch so I just tossed my keys on the desk and left. Both days were Saturdays, which I would imagine would be the busiest days for check in and check outs. I found this all very odd, and a bit frustrating.

All in all, I do think the Atrium provides good value for the money. It's a 2 min drive to Leeward Beach and only about 5-10 mins to many great restaurants. Great for families who need extra space.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerrys45
atrium_11, Manager at The Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Dear Kerrys45,

Thank you for contributing a review on TripAdvisor. In response to your comments and feedback:

(1) Most hotels/resorts on the island are condominium resorts. The Atrium Resort features a variety of resort amenities, which include: Ayur Spa (full service spa and the only spa in Providenciales which offers ayurvedic treatments), Atrium Bazaar (onsite café and convenience store, conveniently located next to the front desk/reception area), fitness centre, game room (with pool and table tennis/ping pong tables), one of the largest outdoor heated pools on the island, and a hot tub located next to the pool. In addition, we set up loungers and umbrellas at Leeward beach (extension of Grace Bay Beach) for our guests daily. We also have a full-time front desk attendant/concierge as part of our team, who is at the front desk during the day to assist guests with making restaurant reservations and recommendations, as well as booking excursions and tours on the island. We offer daily/midweek housekeeping (or other frequency such as once per week per guest preference/request) as an optional reservation add-on, and this can be arranged in advance of arrival or upon arrival at the front desk.

(2) We are sorry to hear that you saw very tiny bugs in the kitchen. We fumigate rooms on a regular basis. Units are also thoroughly cleaned after every guest departure and inspected prior to guest arrival. There were no bugs discovered during the pre-arrival inspection. If anything is discovered during a pre-arrival inspection, it would have been logged and dealt with by our team. We apologize for any inconvenience. If this was brought to our attention, it would have been promptly addressed.

(3) We are sorry (and surprised) to hear about a rooster sounding noise. We have not received complaints about a rooster noise before. There are certainly no roosters on the property and we pride ourselves on our ability in providing guests with a peaceful and tranquil vacation atmosphere.

(4) Mattresses in master bedrooms at the resort were sourced from Canada from a top quality supplier, and the type ordered was similar in firmness to a tempurpedic mattress. We have not received complaints from other guests regarding the master bedroom mattresses.

(5) There is usually someone at the front desk, either the front desk attendant or the manager. Security is also around after hours for assistance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Facilities are close to Sunset beach, kitchen poorly equipped, small wares are very light on pans, whips, glasses, plates etc.
Bedrooms lack drawers, you're leaving out of your suitcase,
Pool area is very good, overall space is okay,
Very affordable for a family of 4 or more.
I'll probably come back and request a few items more for a stay of 2wks or longer.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
atrium_11, Manager at The Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2016

Dear PeterDa1956,

Thank you for your review.

Based on the room type, every unit is equipped with a standard package/quantity of cookware (pots and pans), kitchen utensils, glasses, dishes, cutlery and plates, which is sufficient for most guests. We do not usually receive requests for additional kitchen items, but when we do, we accommodate guest requests.

Units feature spacious closets and dressers for travelers to store their clothing. Each unit also features a laundry room with front-load washer and dryer, so that guests can enjoy traveling light.

Once again, thank you for contributing a review and hope to host you and your family again at the resort in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Booked this trip using Priceline express deals thinking that this was a 4-star hotel and boy was I upset when I found out this was my place. This was more like a timeshare than an actual resort, as there was no daily maid service included (had to do my own laundry and take out my own garbage). There was also no staff on site. The security guard was the one that processed my check in and check out. While the rooms are modern, there is nothing nearby, so you need to drive for everything. I filed a formal complaint with Priceline since this was not a hotel and Not what I paid for, so I hope they terminate their relationship with the Atrium so no other travelers are duped like we were.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Brad W
atrium_11, Manager at The Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Dear Brad W,

Thank you for your review. In response to your comments:

(1) We do not advertise on any website that daily housekeeping is included in the room rate. Our partners are well aware of this. Daily housekeeping is available as an optional reservation add-on. It appears that you did not conduct any research (including reading previous TripAdvisor reviews) prior to booking a stay and are therefore unaware of the services and amenities available at the resort.

(2) We have a full staff at the resort, which include the Operations Manager and the Front Desk Attendant/Concierge, both of whom have been praised and complimented in numerous TripAdvisor reviews.

(3) We have a long-standing relationship with Priceline with many happy and returning loyal guests that use the site. The majority of our reviews on TripAdvisor and other websites are very good. In fact, we received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award for the fourth year in a row for consistently earning high ratings and reviews from TripAdvisor travelers.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

The worse hotel I have ever been in. Pool closes at night, no swim up bar although it was built to have one, the snack store looked like a closer, it was very dead when we went. Staff was not friendly, far from civilization, management was never to be seen. Found a roach in our room. Will choose another hotel another time.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jam M

Dear Jam M,

Your review claims that you stayed at the resort in November 2015. We have checked our records, and we do not have anyone with a first name starting with Jam, or anyone with the initials J M stay at the resort in November 2015. In addition, our maintenance/work orders log from November 2015 does not show any complaints regarding a cockroach found in a room. Our rooms are fumigated on a regular basis.

(1) The pool is closed at night for safety reasons, as it gets dark at night. This is the practice of most hotels and resorts in Provo.

(2) The swim-up bar was never operational since the opening of the resort, and it is not advertised as an onsite amenity on any website.

(3) Atrium Bazaar: Onsite café and convenience store which is conveniently located next to the front desk/reception. The Atrium Bazaar offers a variety of food and beverage items, such as garden fresh salads, Paninis, decadent desserts and pastries, variety of coffee and tea, as well as cold beverages and a selection of fine wines and spirits. In addition, magazines and travel size convenience items can be purchased from the Atrium Bazaar.

(4) We are surprised regarding your comments about the staff and they are not consistent with other reviews. The Operations Manager and the Front Desk Attendant/Concierge have been praised and complimented in numerous other reviews.

It sounds like you were looking for a party/bar/night life atmosphere. We cater to families, couples, and travelers seeking a peaceful and tranquil vacation destination, and take great pride in being able to provide this. Had you taken the time to conduct some research by reading other reviews, this would have been apparent. Perhaps The Atrium Resort is not for you and you should consider other hotels/resorts for any potential future stays on the island.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

The condo was spacious and after a couple of maintenance repairs, all appropriate. We really didn't realize that this resort was a little drive from everything in town. You really should have a vehicle, so you can drive to the supermarket and or other areas. The taxi fares are high and it is per person, so be ready... The island has some very pretty beaches and the water is very colorful.

Room Tip: Taxi rates are high and per person.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family