“Total Relaxation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Providenciales
New York City, New York
“Total Relaxation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

I wanted to visit the Turks & Caicos Islands for my birthday. I had a wonderful time. I read my book form Nora Roberts from cover to cover in less than a week by the sounds of the waves and beautiful pools. I want to especially thank a few of the employees there which made my stay VERY special. Michelle, Warme & Londa from "Cafe de Paris" I knew that the croissants are for breakfast..LOL.. but for some reason I always wanted them in the afternoon and these 3 lovely ladies kept them for me and made a delicious hot chocolate. Gail and Iris from "Le Petit Chateau" were VERY professional and had the warmest smile each time I went into the restaurant. I felt like a celebrity. Sheena form the brick pizza hut by the adult jacuzzi was also extra special when I made a request to her. She overextended her assistance. One I'll never forget for as long as I live. The Spa was phenomenal Uriel my masseur had hands of gods and was very professional as well. Andre at the front desk made my birthday when he was able to loan me a flat iron. Otherwise, I dont know how the day would have ended. Roland from Snap Shots took some beautiful professional pictures of me on my birthday by the beach- memorable. Derrik from "Barefoot by the Sea" and Mr. Stevens from "Sapodilla's" were the special stars of my day. Between both of them planned a BEAUTIFUL UNFORGETTABLE birthday dinner celebration for me. It still brings tears to my eyes. The special touch of the chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, the birthday song. I was truly touched. Last but definately not least, I'm a true smooth jazz lover and that was the icing on the cake for me. Jervon Laporte is a true artist. His music caressed my mind, heart & spirit. I enjoyed ALL of his performances especially the unexpected one on Friday October 8th, the day before my departure. he dedicated a few songs to me and they were all unforgettable. Thank you for making my birthday so special and also to those whose name I can't recall. Thank you very much. --Carmen Mercedes

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank princessrelaxation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,739)
  • Indonesian first
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

We had a wonderful time. Food was excellent. The winds were to high for us to snorkle but the ocean was beautiful! Be sure and go to the beach party on Friday night! That was a lot of fun.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

Recently returned from Beaches Turks and Caicos and had a wonderful time. We were traveling with my two children (almost 6 yrs and almost 4 yrs).

The transportation to and from the airport went smoothly and we did not encounter any major delays. Check in was fine, though i do question why they offer online check-in. I completed the on-line check-in a week before we traveled. It was supposed to eliminate some of the paperwork. However, when we arrived, the information i had submitted online was not on the form I was asked to fill out.

We stayed in the Italian village in one of the family suites. From our balcony we overlooked the pool area and the ocean. The room was comfortable and the bunk beds with the pull out bed worked extremely well for my kids. They really enjoyed having their own area.

We vacationed during slow season so there were plenty of chairs at the pool and the beach and had no wait at dinner. The resort seemed 50% full at best.

The Italian village pool area and beaches were fantastic. My kids also really enjoyed the slides on Pirate's island. There was a nice variety of slides for the different ages.

My children's interest in the kid's camps varied. My daughter (almost 4) did not want to go to camp. She ended up participating in the camp for about 1.5 days. Since she is in daycare full time, she is used to being away from us. I think the issue might have been that the activities were not as active as she may have liked. I'm not sure if the activies for the week were the normal activities or if it was altered based on the number of kids. She participated in the 3-4 year old camp and due to the slow season, there might have been 5-7 kids in her age group and she seemed to be on the older side. She was much happier spending 6 hours in the pool with us.

My son (almost 6) enjoyed being in the 5-7 year old camp. My frustration is that the activities didn't always go along with the activities list when i checked in and the only way to see the activities for the day was to go over to the camp in the morning. One day they were supposed to have Beach olympics and it turned out that they just went to the beach and played with sand toys. They were not allowed to go in the water. Once again, i'm not sure how much of the camp activities was driven by the slow season or if its their normal program. I spoke with a colleague who went to Beaches in August and their child was in the 5-7 year old camp and went on a boat ride.

While I did point out some cons with the camps, overall my family had a great time. This was our first true beach vacation with the kids and it was a success.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed in the Caribbean Village-Governor's Suite-in June with our three children 6, 8, & 10. Grandparents stayed in same room type, different building. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was warm and helpful. I was concerned about the room and food quality from some other reviews, but we thought it was all excellent. The restaurants were all top notch (maybe not the 50's joint by the water park, but that was just fast food type selections). The kids loved every second of their stay and would go back in a heart beat. The diving was the real deal, the snorkeling was terrific until it became too windy the last few days of our stay, though the weather was perfect otherwise. If you can afford it, I highly recommend this resort. Don't let the price difference from the Italian village make you feel like the Caribbean village is no good, we thought it was great and we are fairly picky travelers. Don't skip the Japanese steak house--so much fun!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberly L
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We just returned from a week stay at Beaches and loved each and every day! This time of year was perfect, as it was not crowded at all. We enjoyed all the pools and restaurants. The beach was amazing and the water was crystal clear!! I've always dreamed of going to Turks and Caicos and was hoping to find a Sandals there. When I was informed that there was only a Beaches there, I decided to try it out, but was worried that it would be a mostly "kid-friendly" environment. On the contrary, this huge resort is geared for ALL, families, couples and singles!! One of the things that we noticed the most, is how friendly, hospitable and HAPPY the staff was! We hope to return in the future!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

Great family vacation for all ages. We travel with ages 12 through 75, and there was something for everyone. Waterparks, scuba diving, fishing, snorkeling. Great restaurants and best service in Carribean!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Bradneton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

Get the butler if in the budget.

Stay in the Italian Village otherwise.

Best family vacation trip ever. Second time there and better than the first. Didn't think that was possible.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family