“10 days of perfect weather & spectacular views of Grace Bay”
Review of Windsong Resort

Windsong Resort
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was a great location! If you enjoy snorkelling, you just walk a few steps from you beach chairs directly in front of the resort and you are in the best off beach snorkeling area in Grace Bay. This is a protected area where you can see unbelievable marine life just a few feet off the beach. This allows you to go out multiple times during a day at the times you want to go out. The resort has an outdoor restaurant, JoJos, which is located between the back of the resort and the beach. You can enjoy a meal there or they will bring it to you on the beach or at tables on the dunes overlooking the beach. Rooms were very well constructed and furnished with a first class look. The views from the oceanfront rooms allow you to see the many shades of color from the waters of Grace Bay and see the protected snorkeling area. There is a new club called the Havana Club at the resort. There are slot machines there and they have special nights with various entertainment for guests. You can also enjoy dinner in the Havana Club during many of the special nights. The weather was almost like the movie "Ground Hogs Day", we have never had such consistently good weather on a vacation before. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get oceanfront room to enjoy the spectacular view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Guy F

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Wingsong is hands down the best resort I've ever stayed at. From the rooms, views, service and staff I honestly felt like I was in Heaven. I planned this trip through TripAdvisor and Expedia back in December as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend. We've never been to Turks & Caicos but I had my mind set on going to the island because I knew I was going to propose to her on the beach. The reason I choose the Windsong was because of their rave reviews as well as being listed as a Travelers Choice Top 25 Winner! Our stay was for 5 nights: 3/29-4/3 and I can't wait to go back.

First off I need to thank Mike (the General Manager) for making our stay unforgettable! We were a lucky couple because we got to stay in the Windsong Villa. Words can't describe how breathtaking the Villa actually is. When I first walked in and saw the view I felt like I was dreaming. Wall to wall windows looking out at a private pool, beach and crystal clear ocean. There's a huge living room, master bedroom, guest bedroom, 2 bathrooms (master bathrooms shower has dual heads and is huge), minibar, laundry room and a state of the art kitchen. The outside has a huge patio with dinning table & chairs, lounge chairs, love set, and private pool looking out over the ocean. The Villa has it's own staircase going down to the beach as well. It doesn't even feel like it's part of the resort it's so private and exclusive. Falling asleep listing to the waves breaking on the beach and waking up in our own paradise was like being in Heaven.

The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in. They made us dinner reservations at local restaurants, called cabs for us, and even gave us suggestions on places to go during the evening. If you stay at the Windsong you'll meet Charles, one of the nicest people I've ever met and will never forget. Charles brought us breakfast on the patio every morning, drinks at the pool in the afternoon, and was a pleasure to talk to. Quick tip: try the Rum Punch, the Windsong makes it the best in my opinion.

The best part of my vacation was watching the sunsets from our patio. So during a perfect sunset on the third day I asked my girlfriend to marry me and put a ring on her finger. She said YES! We will never forget 3/31/2012 at the Windsong which now has us thinking about returning for a destination wedding!

It's no wonder why the Windsong was a Travels Choice Top 25 Winner. If your looking for relaxing vacation in paradise with top-notch service book your stay at the Windsong...and if you want the best room at the Windsong book the Villa. I guarantee it will be the best vacation of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Book the Villa. It's private, exclusive, and absolutely breathtaking!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nikon2kool
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The Windsong is top notch in almost every way. My wife and three sons (aged 12, 10 and 8) stayed in room 224S (a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite) from March 31 through April 4 and we had an absolutely wonderful time. We picked the Windsong because we've experienced Caribbean vacations where the hotel had good snorkeling just off its beach (in St. Thomas and in Bermuda), and after having done some research, we learned that the Windsong's beach is just off a reef (Bight Reef). The reef is between the Windsong and the Coral Gardens (next door), which essentially almost makes it the Windsong's private reef. And it is truly outstanding - I wouldn't be surprised if I was told that it was the best hotel snorkeling in the entire Caribbean. While the bulk of the reef is roped off so that people don't swim right over the heart of it and accidentally kill the coral, it's of a manageable size and you can easily snorkel around it (and you do still have access to a good bit of coral reef), seeing a vast array of different types of fish - large numbers of parrotfish, different types of snappers, wrasses, tangs, and much more! We saw sea turtles swimming in the sea grass to the left of the reef, a number of lionfish lurking, a few barracuda hanging around, a couple of small eels, a lobster, and even a sea horse. Just awesome. The one quibble is that the snorkel gear you rent from the Sail Provo shop on the Windsong property (for $10/day) isn't of great quality. But one tip I learned that helped a great deal is that if you want to keep your goggles defogged, use Johnson's baby shampoo on the inside of the lenses.

But I didn't even get to the room, or the service.

The 2 bedroom suite was spec-tac-u-lar. I think it actually is the 1900 square feet advertised on the Windsong website and everything is really nice and quite new. Marble floors, high end appliances, kitchen equipped with everything you'd need, washer/dryer in your suite (with a little bit of complementary detergent), large bathrooms with a great shower area, comfy beds, and very nice furniture throughout (including on the unbelievable ocean front deck). The living room was on a corner and had glass doors on two walls which allowed you to enjoy breathtaking beach views. The owner of the suite had a few games in the room, which was a nice touch (and you can also borrow board games and books from the front desk which is nice too). In any case, this was a room you *want* to actually spend some time in.

The service was excellent. Anything you need, just ask and a member of the staff will cheerfully assist. A shout-out to Charles - the fellow who looks after guests on the beach - as he's simply outstanding. Continental breakfast is included and it's really very good - and the "non-continental" add-ons (like mini-pancakes, waffles, or two eggs) are very reasonably priced (the only reasonably priced thing in all of Turks and Caicos!) - only $3 apiece. The staff at Jojo's (the pool-side / beach front restaurant) is very friendly and took good care of us. And you can eat in the restaurant area, by the pool, or in one of the tables overlooking the beach (which is as nice as it sounds). The lunch and dinner menu has a decent selection, and the food quality outside of breakfast is good (but not great). (If you have an oceanfront room, you should definitely have at least one meal on your amazing deck)

As for the grounds, they're not too extensive but they're very nice and very well maintained. The pool was rather quiet - most of the time we used it we either had it to ourselves or there was another family or two in the pool (and we were there the week before Easter which is a busy time). A tip - if you have kids bring some inflatable rafts to T&C with you. We bought a few inflatable tire-shaped floats from the nearby Graceway supermarket (a very nice supermarket) and the kids had a blast splashing around and playing (even roughhousing) with them in the pool. The pool has an attached hot tub (separated by a wall from the pool) and is steps from the beach, which as I noted earlier is amazing with that classic Caribbean white sand and the lovely turquoise waters. Kayak use is complementary (and two life vests are complimentary as well - additional vests are $5 each). If you want to take a banana boat ride or anything else, you can just ask at the Sail Provo shop and they'll be happy to call someone over for you. The local Snuba business (mix of snorkeling and scuba diving - we really enjoyed it) is run off of the Coral Gardens beach next door as it takes advantage of the proximity to the reef.

Finally, a few comments on the area around the hotel. This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and we understand why it's so highly reviewed (even if it’s the most expensive place we’ve ever vacationed, and we’ve been on some pretty decent vacations). It's simply beautiful, and while I saw some people lamenting how much more developed it is than it used to be, it's far from over-developed. Each hotel feels like it's pretty stand-alone. The good news - it's not at all over-crowded. The down-side (if you'll call it that) - there isn't too much in walking distance. The Coral Gardens next door has a good Tex-Mex restaurant in it (the Somewhere Cafe) but other than that you're going to need a car or a taxi. All taxis on T&C are vans and they charge by the person, so with our family of 5 I decided to rent a car after the first day and I was very happy I did. (although driving on the left side of the road takes some getting used to if you're American!) The Beaches mega-resort is two hotels away to the right, and it's a 10 minute walk to get there. The supermarket is only a couple of minutes drive away (I had to pay $10 each way for a cab) or a 20 minute walk (that I wouldn't recommend), and it actually has some quite reasonably priced prepared meals you can buy. We didn't take advantage of that but it would have saved a decent chunk of change and I wish I'd done it the night we ate on our deck... The downtown Grace Bay area is about a 10 minute drive away.

We walked around the Beaches resort one day and it felt a bit like being at Disney. It's the polar opposite of the Windsong experience. The grounds there were pretty great, there were tons of dining options, and even an on-site water park, but we wouldn't have traded for anything. If you're looking for a spectacular beach-front Caribbean experience that is intimate yet still a lot of fun (assuming you're happy with sun, sand, a pool, and outstanding snorkeling), the Windsong is sure to please.

Room Tip: Oceanfront means truly oceanfront! And it seems most of the suites have corner views of the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank theyoussefs
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My Girlfriend and I recently stayed 6 days/5 nights at the Windsong in Providenciales Turks & Caicos.

BOOKING = A: During the booking process we ran into a reservation issue, no fault of the Windsong itself. We originally had confirmations to stay in Windsong’s island view studio, unfortunately the booking agent (not Windsong) had to renege on the reservation and couldn’t honor what they had confirmed. They stated there was an error in their system. Fortunately for us, Windsong worked some magic and was able to get us a 1 bedroom ocean view suite for our stay.

ROOM = A: At 1600sq ft for 2 people seldom in the room during a vacation, the 1 bedroom ocean front suite was defiantly overkill for what we needed. Although it was a very, very beautiful suite, very great beach & water views, nice decor, and a full kitchen to add. The double sliding doors onto the patio were pretty neat, the suite itself was very kept (no wear/tear), and the place was very clean.

LOCATION = B: Right on Grace Bay next to a pretty decent snorkeling spot. One can snorkel around a roped off protected reef and see quite a bit as far as snorkeling goes. If you’re able to dive down 10-15 feet you can see even more great marine life. The Windsong itself is within walking distance to a few things but not much. We walked to dinner a few occasions (and taxi'd back) and to neighboring bars. Be prepared to take a taxi/car unless you want to walk for more than 30 minutes one way.

FOOD = B: We only ate at JoJo’s for breakfast. Not a bad continental breakfast as you get your choice of three options. We went for coffee, bagel, fruit, & yogurt and usually added eggs & bacon at $3 each. The Windsong sits next to ‘Somewhere Bar & Grill’ which is pretty fun/low key bar and the bartenders are a riot. We went out with them afterhours to the Ganservoot for drinks & dancing. We also chose to eat at a few of the acclaimed restaurants in Provo: Bay Bistro, Caicos Café, Mango Reef, & Magnolia’s. All were nice, but not as close by as we would have liked. Bay Bistro you can overlook the beach and water. Caicos Café had good food. Mango Reef we were actually on the beach with sand in toes, very beautiful and good food. Magnolia’s overlooks the harbor & Grace Bay, get there for a nice sunset, also good dirty martinis.

STAFF = B: The nice was nice and courteous to use the entire trip. I had read other people’s reviews on TripAdvisor stating the opposite… I don’t get at all where they are coming from. They even handed out free water on the beach (be there by 10:00 to get a chair). Every instance we went to the front desk to receive assistance in booking dinner reservations or excursions the staff was always willing to help. There are only two things that could be improved: 1) the staff didn’t seem confident/knowledgeable when we asked for recommendations, and 2) one instance we asked them to make us reservations at Cayoba for the following night, they stated they would, we didn’t hear back from the front desk and weren’t told that they were booking full until we took the directive and asked for an update the next day.

AMENITY SERVICES =C: we didn’t take advantage of the kayaks, snorkel gear (have our own), mini-sail boats, or any of other services offered. My girlfriend went to the spa (Tropique) the days I went scuba diving (Ocean Vibes = great) and she wasn’t overly impressed. We were at the resorts to sleep, shower, soak up sun on the beach, breakfast, and a few average drinks (cost & quality).

Overall very nice boutique type of resort, we would recommend it.

1  Thank Bias2Action
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our stay at Windsong was the best vacation we have ever had. The staff is the friendliest we have ever encountered. We stayed in a one bedroom oceanfront 114S we could just walk out to pool or beach, this was the best money ever spent, and the view is to die for.
The rooms are very big and the kitchen has top name appliances. The resort is in a perfect location for snorkeling on the reef just in front of the resort. We ate at Mango Reef, Coco Bistro, Bay Bistro, and Coyaba Restaurant which we thought had the best menu. Somewhere at Coral Gardens next door has a great view, they have a bar and food, had lunch which was good. We will definitely go back and stay at Windsong.
Stayed 3/24/12 to 3/31/12

Room Tip: ocean front, it is worth the money.
1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I loved our 9 night stay at the Windsong. I recommend booking your flight and hotel packaged on Expedia as it saved me over $800. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite which was wonderful. We were on the 3rd floor with a tremendous view, 2 balconies, full kitchen, washer/dryer and huge living space. It was difficult leaving after a wonderful 10 days in T&C.

Tips/Highlights:
1) You don't have to buy any water during your stay because Charles brings you bottled water at the beach each day; and you the refrigerators in the suites have filtered water as well.
2) The snorkeling right in front of the Windsong is wonderful. I went on a half day snorkeling trip with Caicos Dreams but I saw more variety of sea life right in front of the Windsong. I saw a huge variety of fish, turtles and a couple of stingrays. If you plan to snorkel a lot, I suggest bringing your own gear instead of paying Sail Provo $10/day for gear (I would also add that the guy working at Sail Provo isn't very friendly and wasn't helpful when I asked which tours he recommends. Needless to say I didn't book any trips through him).
3) We had our complimentary breakfasts at Jojo's - all okay. On the weekends, I recommend the grilled jerk chicken - it was wonderful. Too bad they don't have it everyday. We didn't have any dinners at Jojo's.
4) We rented a car through Grace Bay rentals which was all good. There was a car waiting for us on arrival at the airport and driving is very easy (but on the left side) and we got around without a hitch. It's nice to be able to drive to all the other restaurants and Taylor Beach is worth a visit especially for sunset. Plenty of parking at all the resorts/restaurants that we visited.
5) Restaurants that we liked: Lemon Cafe, Mango Reef, Da Conch Shack, Somewhere, Coco Bistro, Sailing Paradise. Overrated: Anacaona (Grace Bay Resort) and Magnolia.

Thanks to all the staff at Windsong for making it a memorable stay. We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Suite 131S is wonderful - 3rd floor oceanfront. You should definitely ask to be on the 3rd floor if...
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My teenage daughter and I spent 3 nights at The Windsong and had a fantastic stay. An ocean-front 1 bedroom allowed us to enjoy the gorgeous turquoise water view. We loved the easy access to the beach, the comfortable beach lounge chairs (much better than those ropy/slatted lounge chairs at some of the other resorts along the beach) and the low-key but available service on the beach for ordering drinks, snacks or lunch. Staff, especially the smiley Charles! is very pleasant and helpful. The scale of the hotel allows for a relaxing stay as opposed to a party atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Book an ocean-front room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family