1,783 results
All reviews jojo's cafe rooftop terrace drift spa grace bay jerk night continental breakfast somewhere cafe full kitchen coral reef bedroom oceanfront suite grocery store paddle boards snorkel gear ocean view yogurt parrot fish rum punch
Reviewed February 13, 2017

This is a wonderful hotel. Very comfortable, located right on the beach and only few steps from the coral reef. The beach is fantastic and the snorkeling is one of the best. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and accommodating. All the facilities and amenities are very high quality.
We very especially impressed with the people at the restaurant – JoJo Café. The food there was excellent, but the chef Lulu was the best. His food was very inventive and perfectly executed. He is a wonderful guy and was extremely accommodating and unbelievably friendly. Also, Alicia who is a server there was such a pleasure to talk to.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WSGM, Manager at Windsong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

We're delighted that you used these words to describe your experience at our resort . . . wonderful, fantastic, and excellent. Compliments like these keep us motivated to provide superb service, so thank you! Indeed, I will pass along this observation you shared about our chef Lulu, "His food was very inventive and perfectly executed" as well as your accolades to our very cheerful Alicia at Jojo's. We look forward to your next visit to Windsong.

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

What a great team of people second time here & we didn't skip a beat the staff was so helpful they all remember your name. The beach is in a key spot right next to Somewhere a great lunch spot. Extremely accommodating & cant wait to go back. The coral reef is amazing right in front of hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017

We appreciate your kind words. We do our best to care for our guests like they are family and you must have made a very positive impression on our staff during your first visit. Thus, remembering your names and faces was easy for us. It is most rewarding for all of us to hear that you found our staff "extremely accommodating" and that you are planning to return. We look forward to your third visit!

Reviewed February 12, 2017

This was our first trip to Turks and we were not disappointed! The beach is amazing for relaxing and walking. We chose the Windsong resort for it's location in the Grace Bay area and being right on the beach. Our room was an island view studio, which was the lockout portion of the suite next door. This was a decent size room, with a comfy bed, small kitchenette, and in room safe. The coffee maker in this room is a 'pod' style so the coffee and filters I brought did not work. There was a laundry closet right next door to our room that was free of charge. The staff was friendly and did a good job of cleaning. Our booking package came with continental breakfast that we enjoyed each day on the berm overlooking the beach. We tried the restaurant one day for lunch and it was not good at all. So disappointing for such a great resort. We did not use the pool, but did use the out front beach chairs. We also tried some of the non-motorized water equipment. We did snorkel out in the front of the resort at Bight reef. The resort had an outside shuttle service to the grocery store so we could pick up a few things. We walked everywhere via the beach. We ate at the Sharkbite (marina) one day for lunch and three different times at Somewhere restaurant next door (all were good). We also ate at The Deck, Alexandra, and did the Friday night fish fry (not impressed). Aside from the onsite restaurant, I would recommend the staying at the Windsong Resort.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Windsong Resort for your first trip to Turks and Caicos and for recommending it to others. We know there are many resort options on Grace Bay and are so pleased to have introduced you to our Caribbean paradise. We appreciate your mention of our quiet beach (all 435 feet of it) and your accommodations, to Trip Advisor readers. Best of all, we're delighted that you took the opportunity to snorkel over the reef in front of the resort and and enjoy our complimentary non-motorized equipment. Please do come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2017

We've been all over the Caribbean, and hadn't found paradise until we came to The Windsong Resort. My entire family LOVES this place. Who needs water slides when there's an underwater adventure right in your backyard! The staff at this resort can't be beat!! I'm thrilled to call some of them my friends!!! Some of the most likeable people I have ever encountered are employed at The Windsong! The last time that we visited (August 2016), we were upgraded to the Penthouse. The room and view were breathtaking!!!!! I can't thank management enough for doing that!! You spoiled us rotten!! I can't think of a better place to spend your birthday! Jeff (aka Lucky), Sisco, and Randy all took such AMAZING care of us. I can't wait to see this bunch again!!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WSGM, Manager at Windsong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Your choice to stay at the Windsong Resort for three of your beach vacations warms our collective hearts like a Caribbean sun. Thank you! We appreciate that you understand the uniqueness of having a snorkeling reef just steps from the beach. Mother Nature has indeed graced this location with beautiful coral and vibrant underwater sea life. Your kind words about the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff is also so rewarding to hear. It is the essence of "hospitality" so we thank you for mentioning it. We can take credit for our luxuriously appointed accommodations and are delighted that you enjoyed them. With our resort being close to the beach, the views are exceptional, but once again, nature gets credit for the views. We look forward to seeing your entire family for your 4th visit to Windsong on the Reef soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2017

Our family of four has spent the week of Thanksgiving at the Windsong for the past 3 years. We have traveled all over the Caribbean and this place is, hands down, the most amazing! It is a smaller boutique hotel which we enjoy. All of the staff are so friendly and helpful. Being a smaller hotel, you get to know everyone and start to feel like family. I will start with the rooms - we had a 2-bedroom corner room and the view is just amazing and so very beautiful. Being on the corner, you can open up 2 walls of glass doors and feel like you are outside. They have very comfortable furniture on the balcony with cushions that help so much. Actually, I think I could sit up there all day since I feel like I'm on the beach. The rooms are very spacious with beautiful stainless appliances, marble and granite. You feel more like you are in a condo.

The pool is nice and you can always find a seat. The guys at the beach are always ready to set you up with chairs and umbrellas. Our adult children loved going out on the paddle boards. Being so close to Bight Reef is such a plus. You don't have to go out on a boat to snorkel or scuba dive and you can still see a wide variety of wildlife in the ocean. They have a nice restaurant and we love eating on the dunes overlooking the beautiful water.

There is a discounted shuttle that goes to a very nice grocery store every day at 4 p.m. They have everything you need, especially if you want to stay in and cook. There are many good restaurants in Providentiales, so we go out most of the time. The Windsong restaurant has a "jerk" night once a week, which is really delicious.

What I really want to talk about is the staff. My husband had a medical event after our 3rd day and he had to be in the hospital. That is very scary when you in a different country. When my children and I came back from the hospital that first night, Annette, the general manager was waiting at the front door for us, giving me a big hug and a shoulder to cry on. Randy, one of the butlers was there too and they were both so caring and comforting. I can't explain how kind they were and how much it meant to us. We were all exhausted and they sent tea up to the room and brought us food from the restaurant. Before we were leaving for the hospital the next morning, Larry was calling us and asking if he could send up some more tea.

When we arrived at the hospital, they told us my husband needed an air ambulance to go to the U.S. for a cardiac catherization, which they don't do there. We had trouble arranging that and Randy was helping my son find and call one. While my husband was in the hospital, Annette and Randy came to visit him. Talk about going above and beyond, I just thought that was great. They were both so sweet and so caring. We did get him out later that day. We spent 3 nights at the Windsong out of the 7 we booked. They actually refunded us our full amount because of the circumstances. I really don't think most places would do that. We were very grateful and appreciative. We will definitely be back to our piece of paradise.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are fabulous.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank sgdero
WSGM, Manager at Windsong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Thank you for your very lovely comments about our staff and our resort. We do treat our guests like family and are delighted that you took time out of your day to share your Windsong experience with future travelers. It is never fun to need hospital services, especially not when you are on vacation, away from home and your familiar medical providers and your local hospital. We know how we would feel if we had a loved one in your husband's situation, and we did what we needed to do to comfort you and your family. Although your vacation was shorter than you had planned, we are thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed the three days you were able to spend here. Our staff and the two bedroom suite with its stunning views you mentioned, are ready for you when you return to Windsong. We'll keep our tiki torches lit for you!