“Big Blue Unlimited - Stand up paddling and kiteboarding = the best ever”
Review of Big Blue Unlimited

Big Blue Unlimited
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 'FIRST IN, LAST OUT' is part of our motto for maximizing the guest experience. Specializing in small group and private eco-adventures our intimate and educational programs include scuba diving, kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding, kite-boarding, snorkeling, biking and cultural eco-tours that span the entire breadth of the Turks and Caicos archipelago. The Ocean is our inspiration, exploring is our passion and innovation is our trademark. Since 1997 Big Blue Unlimited has continued to set the standards in adventure across the Turks & Caicos Islands and has never wavered from its core philosophy that 'less is more'.
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Big Blue Unlimited - Stand up paddling and kiteboarding = the best ever”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Perfect set up for kiteboarding and stand up paddling. Miles of perfect waist deep water flats where Wes from Big Blue guided me to the kiting and got me learning my kiting jumps and tricks...i'm intermediate kiter, so I had a few crashes, but no problem, it's waist deep. Perfect for my beginner friends.

The SUP boards they have are great, had a smaller one for me and there are larger ones to choose from for beginners or cruising. Had great SUP morning excursion started from their marina home base, went on incredible adventure and they dropped me off at the hotel by boat, very cool.

Great crew, i'm going back next year for sure.
Sam
Toronto, Ontario

Visited December 2011

Greenwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Down under with Big Blue Unlimited”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Our family just returned from a great Thanksgiving week spent at the Somerset Resort on Providenciales, TCI. While the accomodations and weather were great the diving wiht Big Blue Unlimited was even better! Morning pick ups at our resort were punctual all 3 days and the check in time at their desk to the dive boat leaving their pier was minimal. Dive groups were small (4 - 8) and their Master Divers and boat captains were very professional and outgoing. We experienced 3 differenct boats and each one was clean, fast and had no problems that one might encounter at other dive shops. Big Blue was very prepared and knowledgeable about each days plan. All this ocurred while they were experiencing a major renovation to their shop! Dove with my 23 year old daughter for her first open water dives (I have over 140 dives) and all went flawlessly. She is hooked and it was special for me since I have another dive buddy for life! I highly recommend this outfit should you visit Provo in the Turks & Caicos.

Michael B

Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“SUP in Mangroves was cool”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I did the SUP (Stand Up Paddle board)with Eco tour in the Mangroves and that was a lot of fun. I was picked up at my resort by Big Blue and we picked up other tourists along the way. I had done SUP before and didn't need instruction, but Ray, our guide, gave the newbies good instruction.
After everyone was comfortable we paddled across the channel into the mangroves. Ray told us a lot about the trees and different animals that live in the mangroves.
I enjoyed the excursion and it was a neat way to see that part of the island.
And Ray was a good guide with a good sense of humor. I recommend the tour to anyone. If I do back to Turks and Caicos, I would look into other tours Big Blue offers.

2 Thank rhartogs
Arlington, Virginia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Stand Up Paddle Mangrove Tour- Well Worth it!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My brother and I went on this tour, we were picked up at our hotel and taked to Big Blue. They are very efficient in checking you in. I had paddled before but others hadn't. Ray, was our guide, he gave a brief but very good turorial on how to paddle and got everyone in the water very quickly. The tour was fun, midly strenous. Ray knew quite a bit about the Mangrove and he was also enteraining, but not obnoxious at all. This was three hours well spent and I recommend the tour to anyone. I only wish I had done this on my first day. I really would have liked to done some of their snorkeling tours.

Boston, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome day!”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Went on a snorkeling and kayak trip and it was a blast. The guides wealre friendly and knowledgeable (one was in training). The snorkeling was great although didn't see much but fish (can't blame the guides on that). The boat ride to north caicos was beautifuul and the mangroves were awesome. Highly recommended!

1 Thank b0urds