Northwest Point Resort
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$799
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$680
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$471
US$365
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$370
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$808
US$529
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$578
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,000
Orbitz.com
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$855
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,701
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$419
Hotwire.com
All reviewsrental carturtle grasspool and hot tubsea songgrace bayminute driveisolated locationthe property managerbedroom condofull kitchenother parts of the islandconch chowdereither directionprivate beachbought groceriesnight lifeda conch shack
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Northwest Point's advantages are its quiet location and almost empty beach, if that is all you are looking for. And the staff is very accommodating. The units and gardens seem to be reasonably well maintained, but need updating. The restaurant has a very limited menu, so we drove 25 min most nights for dinner. The pool is very nice. Northwest Point is located next to a National Park, but the park is essentially a flat area of scrub that extends for miles. This is not a tropical paradise by any means.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpinto100
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The property was very remote from everything. The long dirt road was a pain in the neck to travel to get anywhere. The free car was a real clunker with over 115K miles on it. The battery died once and a tire went flat. The condo was tired. No hot water in the kitchen. The toilet ran constantly unless I pulled the top off and manually adjusted the float. The beach was constantly filled with seaweed. The pool and hot tub were very nice. The food at the little grill was good. Prices on the island were expensive.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the ocean which was nicer because the ocean breeze kept us cool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeNY22
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I snorkelled from the beach in front and saw lots of fish , Long walks on the beach that goes on forever . Winston the chef made some great cracked conch and is very accomodating ,I went to the fish market where the fisherman come in purchased some lobster and Winston for a small charge prepared them for us, like our own private chef.The value is great when you compare that you get a full condominium for the price of a room.

Room Tip: Beachfront is the best you can hear the waves at night.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank paul m
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We had a wonderful two week vacation at Northwest Point. Not knowing what to expect, I was very pleasantly surprised by the size and general upkeep of the condo and the property. The condo was quite clean and the beds were very comfortable -- I spent many happy hours reading in bed and looking out at the ocean.

The kitchen was a decent size for a condo, had a full sized fridge, and it was well laid out. I cooked virtually every meal during our holiday and had all the essential items I needed. A couple of suggestions that would have been helpful in our kitchen: a salad spinner, and newer teflon pots as ours were peeling on the inside so I never used them (there were a couple of other pots, but without the teflon ones, I was often one pot short). I'd also recommend bringing one good sharp knife from home wrapped in a tea towel - I did this and both proved very useful, although the unit did have lots of cutlery, cloth and towel. Like many others, I was glad I brough along some non-perishables food in our luggage (dry soup mix; mac & cheese for kids; canned tuna/salmon; assorted spices; etc.) as most groceries in town were triple what we pay at home. Notably, some cuts of chicken, beef, and certain veggies such as zucchini and peppers were comparable to prices at home so no need to go too far overboard... The IGA in Providenciales was incredibly well stocked and had most everything I could think of. However, it did run out of staples like 1% milk a couple of times while we were there, so when you do your shopping, buy enough to last you for a while in case they run short when when you're next in town!

The beach at the resort was great! There was lots of sea grass that they typically had cleaned up by 8:30 in the morning. There was no need to reserve chairs with a towel, and you often had the beach and/or pool to yourself. I highly recommend walking the beach towards the point (to the left) during low-tide. If you time it right, the sea grass is mostly at the top of the beach so you're walking on clear sand by the water. Also, in that direction, we found many large (8" to 10") conch shells in the last few hundred metres of beach, and enjoyed watching the big osprey in their nest at the end of the beach.

The resort always had a nice breeze while we were there, so it was never painfully hot ... just comfortable. There were two days when the wind was very strong, so we mainly stayed by the pool. We drove to Grace Bay on one of these days and the wind was pretty much the same there (almost nobody was on the beach). Most of the hotels are on the Atlantic side of the island and comparably exposed, so I wouldn't stay away from Northwest Point for this reason alone. The pool was a bit cool for my liking, but the hot tub was great and was where we and the kids spent most of our water time.

Lastly, lots of people have complained about the drive in. Frankly, I kind of enjoyed it. If you've been to the South before, you've likely been on many worse roads than the one out to the resort. The potholes, if you hit them hard, probably could jar a filling loose in one of your teeth, but with a little care, you can also avoid them. Part of the charm of the Islands, I suppose.

I'd highly recommend Northwest Point Resort to people who want a quiet family vacation that's off the beaten path. It's not a really upscale resort, but it's also not priced like one. It exceded my expectation on most fronts and the staff were very friendly, approachable, and promptly resolved the few issues that we brought to their attention. Of the 15 or so vacations I've taken to various Caribbean islands, this was one of my favourites. I will return.

Room Tip: Virtually all balconies are able to see the ocean if you're willing to crane your neck a little. If you're above the first floor, it's that much more likely that you'll be able to see water.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Wahoo62
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just got back from a week at northwest point with my folks. The check-in was a breeze, and the grounds were well kept. We opted for a non beach view condo since we wern't going to be in the room much anyway. Room was nicely appointed with a full kitchen, washer & dryer, and inroom safe. The restaurant has a new owner, Winston, who is trying to correct the issues mentioned in some of the previous reviews. If you're there on sunday, be sure to try his carribean jerk pork. Fantastic. The resort has a nice pool and hot tub, but with the ocean right there we didn't use them. They also have a beach volley ball court and sea kayaks available. The beach itself was nice, but due to the horrendous wind, we found ourselves trekking to the south side of the island to get in the water. Mike, Winston, and all of the staff were very courteous and other than the wind (which obviously is none of these guys fault) this was a great vacation. I do recommend renting a truck if you plan to visit anywhere in the Turks and Caicos as most roads outside of the downtown area are not paved. It's a 20 min drive on a bumpy gravel road to get to the resort which gets a bit rough in a dahatsu lol

• Stayed: January 2012