See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 22, 2008

My husband and I struggled to find a nice honeymoon spot within our budget until we found Villa Greenleaf. It was everything we wanted! The rooms and the grounds at Villa Greenleaf are beautiful and very private. The ocean isn't a far drive and you can see it from most of the rooms. Erica, the hostess, was very welcoming and makes you feel right at home! The daily breakfast and evening cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were amazing and always something different. Erica would make recommendations for dinner, make dinner and trip reservations, and always had detailed directions to anywhere we wanted to go (both to and from the hotel!) And the car rental couldn't have been any easier! From what I heard about other hotels on the island we hit the jackpot with Villa Greenleaf! We couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon spot, and that is all thanks to Villa Greenleaf!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My husband and I spent a week of our 25th-anniversary vacation at Villa Greenleaf, and we absolutely loved it. Innkeeper Erica made us feel as if we were cherished guests in her home, with all the space and privacy we could ever want. Our Belvedere suite was gorgeous and luxuriously comfortable; the house, pool and grounds were immaculate; and our gourmet breakfasts were way beyond expectations. Erica made sure we had dining reservations and driving directions for every place we wanted to go, and her advice was invaluable. The villa's location is just a five minutes' drive from Christiansted, but the serene and peaceful atmosphere of this estate is one of pleasant seclusion. I would recommend Villa Greenleaf to anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic vacation hideaway in St. Croix.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Greenleaf in St. Croix for our first wedding anniversary in May 2008. We had such a wonderful and relaxing vacation! The property is beautiful, well maintained and clean. Our room was beautiful and very comfortable.The private patios had recently been converted to screened in patios with roof top decks. We had a drink each evening on our deck, enjoying the cool breeze and the beautiful stars. The website hadn't been updated yet to show the new patios and decks, so it was a very nice surprise that we definitely took advantage of. We also enjoyed the evening cocktail hour with the other guests, hosted by Erica, the property manager, and her trusty canine companion, Monet! Love Monet! I can honestly say that without Erica, our trip would not have been as enjoyable or relaxing. She took the stress out of all decision making. She made dinner and excursion suggestions and reservations, told us where the best beaches were, which ones had facilities nearby, and even had written directions how to get most anywhere on the island. Plus she made incredible breakfasts, appetizers and drinks. Thank you for the blueberry pancakes! Listen to her when she gives you recommendations on where to eat. She's always right! I kind of feel sorry for anyone who stays at one of the big hotels on the island. They don't get to discover the wonderful restaurants or to explore the island like we did because so many don't seem to be willing to rent cars. They seem to stay pretty close to their hotels and miss out on so much. The people of St. Croix could not have been nicer. The next time we visit the Caribbean, the Villa Greenleaf on St. Croix will be our destination.

1  Thank amyanderic
Reviewed May 15, 2008

To start, let me just say that I read many reviews from tripadvisor on many different resorts in the Caribbean. I scoured the internet for hours trying to book a honeymoon spot that would live up to our expectations. I found all of this and more in the Villa Greenleaf. Erica, Joe, Marilyn and Monet made our honeymoon a true dream come true! Erica picked us up at the airport and her loading our bags allowed us to step away and grab a Cruzan Rum Punch. We were whisked away to the Villa where we met our car rental liaison and settled in for cocktails and Hor d'oeuvres. Our suite was clean and uncluttered and had been pre-cooled when we walked in. To summarize our trip: The car that was provided gave us a great getaway to many otherwise unreachable parts of the island. We got to see all of the sights that we wanted, ate many outstanding meals (listen to Erica!), had all of our daily excursions booked by Erica, and had a perfect honeymoon. To be honest, we scoped out other resorts in the area and always came back with the same feeling: that Villa Greenleaf cannot be beat. The breakfast was always on time and delicious, the grounds well kept and the one on one service was second to none. If you are looking for a vacation with a large, resort-type feel with lots of room for the kids and loads of on-site entertainment, look elsewhere. If you want a clean, wel-kept, quiet, mountain top suite with gourmet breakfast and a car to zip around the island in, Villa Greenleaf is the place for you. Thank you Erica, Joe, Marilyn and Monet for making our honeymoon unforgettable!! We will see you next year!

Stay Left!
Joshua and Jennifer, Nashville, TN

1  Thank JoshfromNashville
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We just returned from Villa Greenleaf in St. Croix. We cannot say enough about how wonderful our stay was. At every turn, our expectations were exceeded. Erica, our host, was incredibly gracious.

We traveled to St. Croix to participate in the annual triathlon. Erica was so kind that she arranged for us to be driven to the start of the race at 4:45 a.m. She even attended the race and stayed all day cheering us on, along with the other incredible guests. How often do you find that kind of service? It was unbelievable.

Each morning Erica prepared a delicious gourmet breakfast. One day was savory and the next sweet. Her pancakes were my all time favorite and she makes a fabulous omelet. She also served granola with fresh tropical fruit and yogurt at 8:30 each morning. Coffee and tea were served at 7:30.

Cocktail hour was everyday at 5:30. The Rum Punch was excellent. Cocktails were accompanied by delicious hor dourves. This was my favorite tradition at Villa Greenleaf. It gave you the opportunity to meet the other guests. They felt like great friends by the time we left rather than other guests.

Dinner reservations were made each night by Erica and she always got us in during the time we preferred and even a special table at Savant. Salud was delicious and Bacchus was also a favorite. Try the spinach, salmon and blueberry salad at Bacchus.

During the day we went scuba diving with Anchor Dive. Excellent dive center! Erica, once again, made the reservations for us.

The room was beautiful, very clean, and perfect with its own screened-in patio with table and chairs. We stayed in Mary's Fancy.

Erica also arranged for us to have a rental car during our stay. It was so easy. She picked us up from the airport, we drove to Villa Greenleaf and there was our rental car! We didn't have to wait in line for a cab or a rental car...it was perfect!

I cannot imagine one thing I would change about our stay at Villa Greenleaf. A beautiful place with lush, tropical landscaping, ocean breezes and amazing service!!!

I’m ready to return and will be thinking about beautiful memories until the day we do!

1  Thank Tri-Travelers2