All reviewsrestaurant next doorchart houselaid backfull kitchenthe crow's nestbottle of rumyour feetown mealsbeach toysother guestsrented a carfew stepsbeautiful beachst croixgrocery storesandy pointcalm waters
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed at Cottages by the Sea for 4 nights and just loved the stay there. The rooms were comfy and quaintly decorated. If you are looking to stay somewhere to relax and get away from the RAT RACE, this place is for you. There are several great places to eat in Fredricksted but if you are looking for the night life and party atmosphere then Fredricksted is pro ably not your ideal location. The staff at Cottages were fantastic and so very helpful. I plan to return soon and will be staying at Cottages by the Sea .

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Murmayd
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Got to St. Croix and checked in with Paul. The first thing he did after checking us in was told us he would drive us to a local place where we could get dinner (since we didn't have our rental car yet), later he came back and picked us up. Where can you get that!?
Rooms were great, people there are the best! Enjoyed our time so much. They have what you need there for kayaking, snorkeling, biking and just relaxing.
The views are the best. Withing walking distance to food and drink. Great fish to see while snorkeling or just swimming, beautiful sunsets!
Went for our 50th birthdays and want to go back.
Love Cottages By The Sea!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The cottage was cute the beach and water were beautiful! The vacation was ok. The whole island shuts down in the fall and many things were not open. The island was also considerably less developed then we hoped for. We felt uncomfortable whenever we left the cottages.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Amandamaui
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I highly recommend Cottages By The Sea....clean, quaint, and private with friendly staff and management! Great location by the beach and a great restaurant next door! A very unique one-of-a-kind slice of paradise by the sea! Looking forward to purchasing some gift certificates for family and a return visit! Loved, loved our cottage! No cookie cutter hotel experience here!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong... So unique!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Justmeagrandma
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Good evening!
I have to say, thanks to all of your wonderful staff for making Mark's and my wedding on July 7th picture perfect. From the gorgeous flower-and-conch-shell lined aisle to the glorious palm-front-and-flower covered arch, it was like a dream come true. All the hard work of all the staff, making our visiting friends and family feel so warmly welcomed, from the cute guys offering freshly cut coconuts for my giggling bridesmaids to drink from to the postcard sunsets you so thoughtfully provided every evening, paid off in ecstatic guests and lifelong Cottages fans. In fact, you helped make such a great impression of St. Croix that 2 of our wedding guests have already moved here!
You would never think from the incredibly affordable rates that you have one of the most well-appointed lodgings on the island, with new, freshly renovated, modern and comfortable rooms that those mere words say so little to really describe. I live here, but I did not want to go home! Cottages is beachfront, ocean-kissed perfection, and I hate telling anybody about it because I want to keep the secret all to myself! But I have to give you the props you so richly deserve, and I am posting this review on Trip Advisor tonight! I just hope they don't tell anyone....we want to keep Cottages our special, perfect secret.
Thanks again for everything! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Wendy (& Mark!) A.
PS- Don't forget the GREAT food at Blue Moon Cafe (plus GREAT desserts), Sandcastle on the Beach's Beachside Cafe and Polly's at the Pier!!! When you just don't want to grill another (sigh) perfect meal beside the cerulean sea, there is great food to be had close at hand. Had a great bachelorette party dinner at Blue Moon after amazing SURPRISE STAND-UP PADDLEBOARDING BACHELORETTE PARTY at Teres Vejo just past the pier by the Limin Cantina. SO FUN!!
Wedding week activities you will LOVE included a trip to Buck Island with Caribbean Sea Adventures, AMAZING bioluminescent night kayaking tour with Bush Tribe Eco Adventures, a Jump Up in Christiansted, PERFECT rehearsal dinner at Angry Nate's on the Christiansted Boardwalk and a mind-blowing Slow Down Dinner at the Ridge To Reef Farm in the rainforest. We wish we had gotten to do a Tan Tan Tour...maybe next year!!!

Room Tip: Chocolate was awesome- have not yet seen a "bad" cottage here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family