“Fun-something different.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Night Snorkel
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Unique opportunity. Fun guides. Location is far from most everything, which is a downfall. The roads on St. Thomas are rough and getting to Hull Bay is no exception. Saw octopus, sea turtle, lobster, and a variety of fish. Bioluminescence is fantastic.

3  Thank katouchthis
in 6 reviews
"fun"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We went in a small group. We had a guide and two couples (hadn't met them before we went). It was nice to see lobster and octopi, but it wasn't great dealing with a bunch of people crowded into parts of the reef to get a glimpse of these creatures. You're talking belly scraper if anyone screws up. I'd do it again, but only on our own.

1  Thank Jamaica_Jeff
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Unlike the last review, my wife and I had a great time. We were told up front it was a beach excursion. Our guide met us at the beach with all the equipment we needed, including wetsuits, and everything worked as advertised. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and we found all kinds of night creatures on the snorkel. This was our first night snorkel so the experience was quite unique for us. We definitely got more than our money's worth. I would recommend this to anyone.

2  Thank bwanajohn_1
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I was very disappointed with this activity. I read some reviews before signing up and I surely had a very different experience. I went the end of October on a night that included a buffet dinner and open bar. The price (without transportation) was $80. The snorkel adventure started out from the shore - we were led to believe that we would be going out on a boat. Wet suits were not offered. At least three people had trouble with equipment that was given to them - flashlights that went out, masks that leaked. The snorkel lasted about an hour, it was ok but really nothing special - you see more during the day. The best part was the bioluminescence in the water which was pretty good but we lucked out with a moonless night.
After snorkeling we went across the island to Hull bay (about 45 mins away) for a buffet that was very poor (fried chicken that was dry, fish that was overcooked, salad that was cukes and lettuce, corn that had been over cooked and spicy pasta salad) and the open bar - a large bottle of rum and beer. We asked for wine and they said there was none included. For $80 it was not worth it! Oh if you don't snorkel for $40 you can join the group for the buffet and open bar.
There are many other activities on St Thomas that are far better than this - I felt totally ripped off

1  Thank alkatcape
scubahugh, Owner at Night Snorkel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2009

I am sorry this person did not enjoy themselfs.
i am the owner and i am always present during this event. I ALWAYS offer wet suits to anyone that wants one, if there masked leaked they should have said something. No boat is ever mentioned or offered on this excursion. As far a the open bar, I never offered an open bar. It is all the rum punch, beer, soda and water you can drink and thats what you got. You failed to mention the live steel pan music, why?. The food? i always ask everyone how everything is, so why was this dissapoinment never brought to my attention. The location, this is true we went from one side of the island to the other that night, but it is not 45min more like 25, the island is only 13 miles long. Because the conditions were rough at Hull bay that night, I had to go to another location, and I try and pick the best location for the snorkel, As for what you see, some saw turtels, some saw octopus, some saw less. there are never any guarentees when it comes to marine life.