“Night Snorkel St Thomas - Don't bother”
Review of Night Snorkel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Night Snorkel
Reviewed 22 November 2008

I was very disappointed with this activity. I read some reviews before signing up and I surely had a very different experience. I went the end of October on a night that included a buffet dinner and open bar. The price (without transportation) was $80. The snorkel adventure started out from the shore - we were led to believe that we would be going out on a boat. Wet suits were not offered. At least three people had trouble with equipment that was given to them - flashlights that went out, masks that leaked. The snorkel lasted about an hour, it was ok but really nothing special - you see more during the day. The best part was the bioluminescence in the water which was pretty good but we lucked out with a moonless night.
After snorkeling we went across the island to Hull bay (about 45 mins away) for a buffet that was very poor (fried chicken that was dry, fish that was overcooked, salad that was cukes and lettuce, corn that had been over cooked and spicy pasta salad) and the open bar - a large bottle of rum and beer. We asked for wine and they said there was none included. For $80 it was not worth it! Oh if you don't snorkel for $40 you can join the group for the buffet and open bar.
There are many other activities on St Thomas that are far better than this - I felt totally ripped off

1  Thank alkatcape
scubahugh, Owner at Night Snorkel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2009

I am sorry this person did not enjoy themselfs.
i am the owner and i am always present during this event. I ALWAYS offer wet suits to anyone that wants one, if there masked leaked they should have said something. No boat is ever mentioned or offered on this excursion. As far a the open bar, I never offered an open bar. It is all the rum punch, beer, soda and water you can drink and thats what you got. You failed to mention the live steel pan music, why?. The food? i always ask everyone how everything is, so why was this dissapoinment never brought to my attention. The location, this is true we went from one side of the island to the other that night, but it is not 45min more like 25, the island is only 13 miles long. Because the conditions were rough at Hull bay that night, I had to go to another location, and I try and pick the best location for the snorkel, As for what you see, some saw turtels, some saw octopus, some saw less. there are never any guarentees when it comes to marine life.