1,111 results
All reviews club level lady lynsey sails restaurant coconut cove beautiful property golf cart paddle boards nespresso machine hobie cats turn down service virgin gorda infinity pool ocean view rum punch breakfast sandwich day trip the entire staff
Reviewed September 13, 2016

My husband and I began our Caribbean vacation with five nights at the Ritz Carlton in early September. This is a beautiful hotel and September is the time to go if you want to avoid the crowds.

The property is massive and there are many hills. I am usually a self-sufficient traveler but I'm glad there was a porter and a shuttle to get our luggage to our room. All the rooms open to the pool or water view - it did not appear that there is a bad view to be had.

We dined in Essenza and found a serious bar (surprising for the Caribbean?!) and a solid menu. We enjoyed everything we tried, especially the breads, house made limoncello and ice cream trio that included a chocolate malted milk flavor.

Dennis and Tim at Sails on the beach are the perfect Caribbean bartenders. They learned my husband's rum preference on the first drink and kept him well hydrated with his favorite while offering tastes of other rums they thought he would like. The drink specials poolside were a good way to try something new.

The infinity pool overlooking Great Bay is a great way to spend an afternoon. There were plenty of rafts and chairs available - I enjoyed the sparse crowd in September but imagine the pool becomes pretty busy during season.

Housekeeping at this property deserves a call out - they kept our room immaculate while being completely unobtrusive. Turndown service every night was also a lovely touch.

If you are in to sailing, don't miss either the champagne sunset or day trip to Jost on Lady Lynsey (passport required). Captains Richard and Chris are both excellent and the crew is attentive and professional. The boat is kept to the standard you would expect with The Ritz.

Overall this was a great trip and I am already looking forward to planning our next visit.

Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank MichSuz
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

This Ritz Carlton is a little different from the others that I've been to , these are like townhouses
Very nice & homey .i have to warn you though if you are like me and scared of iguanas , gear up there are a bunch of therm there in fact they have an area @ the hotel where they live
Away from that it's a beautiful property on the beach

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Arrival at the resort is impressive - there is a mansion on a hill. Attendants stand ready and whisk your luggage to the golf cart, ready to take you to your room. The sweeping view of the ocean is impressive from the open air lobby. Rum punch greets guests as they check in at the front desk.

As so it goes. Everywhere you look, the architecture has character, the staff is kind, and there are wonderful surprises like the kids club that offers classes in underwater photography, sunset cruises on the Lady Lyndsey - complete with hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, and more. Be sure to visit the group of iguanas behind sails. They love to eat hibiscus. I've never seen so many in my life! Some nights, steel drum music can be heard throughout the resort at sundown. f it showers, visit the main house for board games, a glass of wine or shopping at the boutique.

The rooms each offer gorgeous views of Great Bay and St. John in the distance. The property is expansive with plenty to do, so no real need to leave the resort. Dining options include Sails (restaurant at the main pool), a fine dining restaurant, a casual restaurant, room service and two dining options at the adjacent Ritz-Carlton Destination Club.

The infinity-edged pool is gorgeous and there are plenty of lounge chairs for everyone. There is a server ready to bring cocktails, snacks or lunch. The beach has loungers and umbrellas and more servers at the ready.

The resort offers tennis and spa. Golf nearby.

The room had an incredibly comfortable mattress with feather soft bedding. The bathroom was luxurious with marble, oversized ceramic soaking tub, glass shower and high end bath products.

Highly recommended!

Room tip: Ask for a higher floors for the best view. I believe that if you have a corner room or suite, the balcony will be larger and wraps around.
Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank sabinefiloni
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Dear sabinefiloni,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation! It looks as if you really took advantage of all that our resort has to offer, and I’m so happy you enjoyed it. I hope you left with wonderful memories of St. Thomas, and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Marco Ortlam, General Manager

Reviewed September 9, 2016

We stayed at the Ritz during our recent visit to STT. The service was very good. We loved our room. The staff was attentive to our needs. Housekeeping really was great. Whenever we needed additional towels or service we received it. Friendly smiles met us everywhere we went in the hotel. The concierges were very good. Finally get a deep tissue massage from Jenny in the Spa. One of the highlights of the trip for me.

Room tip: Most views are good. The club is great. We have done this before. I just enjoyed the balcony view this time.
Date of stay: August 2016
2  Thank Doug M

Dear Doug M,

Thank you for your excellent review of our resort! I especially love reading compliments about our service and our wonderful team of Ladies and Gentlemen, who are truly the heart and soul of The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas. I will certainly pass your compliments along to Jenny. We’re so happy you enjoyed the massage, and hope you left relaxed and with great memories of the islands!

Marco Ortlam, General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2016

This hotel is a scam. Please be careful. While the pictures might make it appear very beautiful it in fact is zero upkeep and trashy service. I promise you its a scam and not worth the price. The beach is horrible be sure to go to Trunk bay and Cinnamon Bay in St. Johns just a short ferry ride from St. Thomas. I would highly recommend a villa in St. Johns and skip the Ritz completely. Hope you take my advice:)

Date of stay: September 2016
10  Thank Marcus S
STTRZGM, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Dear sirmansm,

I’m disappointed to see that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We certainly do not intend to scam anyone, but only provide the finest service and facilities to our guests. That said, I agree that Trunk and Cinnamon Bay are both beautiful destinations on neighboring St. John, and worth a day trip. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you left with some great memories of the Virgin Islands.

Ian McPhee, Director of Operations