Review Highlights
Great excursion for the family

We booked this through our Disney Cruise and took our 6 1/2 year old on a snorkeling adventure to... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Ana1973
Atlanta, Georgia
Castawaygirl3

Captain Jason, Mates Ryan and Serena were absolutely great. This catamaran was immaculate and... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
LouAnn C
Murrieta

1,761 results
All reviews castaway girl kon tiki champagne catamaran rum punch honeymoon beach steel drum band glass bottom limbo contest fish conga line great excursion highly recommend this excursion captain ryan turtle cove sea turtles buck island cruise ship
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Recently did a shore excursion whilst cruising on the Saphire Princess Asian Cruise.
The shore excursion was in Thailand and 2 hours at Kata Beach then 2 hours st Patong beach. As princess cruises are an average age of over 50’s this excursion was not suitable. Kata beach has no shelter from the heat and the few restaurants or shops were all open air and no air conditioning for relief. This part of the excursion was terrible. Then at Patong it was rushed and less than 2 hours available. Should have just been about 4 hours at Patong where there was a shopping complex, the beach and multiple restaurants all air conditioned.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I have dived on reefs so colorful and teaming with creatures before this that I guess anything less is disappointing. The reef we went to was a bunch of rocks with a few sea plants attached with a small number of fish. There was one turtle with a dozen people in pursuit. In Hawaii you can see several turtles off the beach or just wade in. At the two locations we stopped to snorkel there were so many boats and people it was hard to move without bumping into someone. One person from our boat got on one of the other tour boats. Maybe this is more a comment about the poor snorkelling available around St Thomas than this tour company. The captain and crew were professional, helpful and friendly. The boat was nice so we enjoyed the drinks and sailing but the snorkelling not so much.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

I've never snorkeled before and don't swim terribly well. I had a minor panic attack upon entering the water. Thankfully, between the salinity of the water, the adjustable life vest, and the pool noodles the crew distributed to everyone, I recovered and began to enjoy myself immensely. Crew member Anna led us around in the waters off of Buck Island, showed us the shipwreck, and found a sea turtle for us to admire from afar. We then went over to Turtle Bay, found another sea turtle, and saw a large Barracuda. When Captain Ryan cut the engine and allowed the sails to carry us most of the way back to St. Thomas, my husband was extra appreciative. The water was beautiful and this ended up being a very enjoyable experience. Many thanks to Captain Ryan, Jake, Serena, and Anna!

Reviewed March 20, 2018

The description indicates moderate activity which seemed about right. I don't swim so I stayed on the Catamaran where it was shaded and my husband snorkeled. We stopped at two different sites for snorkeling and there were sea turtles at one of them. Afterwards, there was an open bar (complete with Champagne) while we sailed slowly back to the port. Captain Ron was fantastic as was all the crew. I would DEFINITELY recommend this tour!

Reviewed March 19, 2018

This was a fantastic excursion aboard the Castaway Girl 1 captained by Jolene and her crew. They engaged all the passengers, kept the beverages flowing, played great music during the sailing, and showed us around the island at a leisurely pace. It was relaxing and beautiful on the water. Lots of fun and highly recommend this excursion for the price and value. Only minutes from the cruise ship dock, very easy walk and access.

1  Thank Bossman001