The Marriott needs some serious help. Check in took over 30 minutes. I had pre-emailed about our stay with a request for an upgrade (my husband and I are both Platinum). We paid and used points for this stay but the Ritz would have been less expensive (and a far better experience, here now), with all of the associated fees at the Marriott. We clearly told them we had 3 in our party and were put in a regular room with one bed. After complaining, they brought in a cot (my son's back hurt after sleeping on it) and offered comped breakfasts--and of course, yes the breakfasts showed up on our check--even after a desk manager called the night before and I let her know we were offered this. They did remove the charges and there were 2 others dining charges on our bill we did not put there--but they were removed. I would carefully read your bill before check out.
We had a surly server at Coco Joe's, slow, non helpful and slow. We selected to dine out most nights and had great meals at Oceana and Thirteen--both exceptional. The one positive at the Marriott was the seafood buffet--amazing lobster, but at $60pp++ should have been!
Iguanas everywhere--they must clear them at the Ritz as we have seen none here but there were dozens at the Marriott and one even jumped in the pool. Many screaming children.
Lastly, some pockets where they are trying...but odd, sequestered feeling at this hotel. Will not plan to return. Again, 2 more nights at the Ritz and so glad we changed our plans to move to this hotel.
If you have mobility issues, do NOT stay here. Also, there was significant mold around the tub--none here at the Ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Kognitiv US Corp, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands - Charlotte Amalie