This complex offers a diversity of room choices depending on your desires and budget. We just stayed at the Morning Star which is a set of low rise buildings right on the beach. Our oceanfront room was good with a nice lanai and decent space and amenities. The bathrooms are smallish standard issue types. The benefit of these rooms is that they are relatively quiet and only steps from the beach. There is a good restaurant at Morning Star called Havana Blue that is worth a try and a small market for sundries. Another cafe, Coco Joe's provides lighter daily fare and a beach bar (try the crab omelette). The Morning Star pool is good and also a few steps from the buildings.
Frenchman's Reef is the main complex and they run shuttles every 15 minutes between there and Morning Star. The main hotel was recently renovated but since we didn't stay there, I'll just comment that all of the common areas are very nice. The main pool is great with endless views of the ocean and Charlotte Amalie harbor.
There are two separate buldings in addition to the main hotel; Harborview and Sea Cliff. The Harborview rooms appear to be very spacious (800 sq ft) with great views from what I read. They are a bit of a walk from the main hotel and a shuttle ride from the beach. We stayed at the Sea Cliff last June and enjoyed it. This building is between the main hotel and Morning Star overlooking the tennis courts and ocean. The rooms are similar in size to Morning Star, but a bit newer. You can walk from Sea Cliffs to either pool or the beach. The walk to the beach is scenic and offers a great opportunity to see a waterfall and the resident iguanas along the way.
There is a daily resort fee, but it includes amenities in the room and many at the beach. Most everything you want at the beach is free (lounges, umbrellas, snorkel sets, floats, boogie boards, etc) which can rack up the costs at other resorts. If you want a snorkel set, get there early (before 9AM) as they often run out early.
The service was very good and we had a great stay. The employees were always very nice and I never got an attitude as I have some other Carribean stays (namely the Bahamas). The onsite food is decent and we also enjoyed Room with a View (Bluebeards Castle), Virgilio's (Italian), and Bella Blu (Austrian).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands - Charlotte Amalie