Went to St. John Sat. Nov.26th after Thanksgiving for a week. First night in building #13 Cruz Bay top floor, and as other reviews stated, it was way too loud, from the Beach Bar. I am saying VERY loud ! Don't believe the reviews that say it isn't that bad...wrong, it is that bad. And we came prepared with a sound machine, ear plugs, and put the air conditioner fan on to stay on to block out noise. Nothing worked. Moved the next morning, for $33 more a night to ocean view building #1 bottom floor. Much better, much quieter (until the last night when 2 couples checked in above us, and were very loud), much nicer room. The hotel grounds are very pretty and tropical, and very well maintained. Loved the pool, hot tub, gazebo, sun deck, store, restaurant and bar. Could walk to town, as very close, but we had already rented a jeep for the week, which was great for getting to the gorgeous beaches, restaurants, grocery store, and sight see. Loved ZoZo's, Extra Virgin, The Terrace, and Asolare restaurants. Favorite beaches were: Maho, Francis, and Trunk Bay. St. John has the most gorgeous views from up the road to the beaches, and the beaches with the views of the islands and mountains is unbelievable. Town is ok. Loved Mongoose Junction for shopping, lunch and ice cream. We travel all over the Caribbean, and although Turks & Caicos is still my favorite as we have been there 4 times in 2 yrs, St. John is a very close runner up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay