“Very pleasant, clean and central hotel in Cruz Bay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cruz Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very pleasant, clean and central hotel in Cruz Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My wife and I stayed in the PentHouse of the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel for two nights and we were very positively surprised by every single aspect of our hotel.

The apartment was very very lovely, equiped in perfect condition with a complete kitchen (new appliances), not missing a single thing for cooking and including even such things as a blender.
We have to mention that especially amazed were we here also by the cleanliness of the bed, bath and floor (we stayed in another 4 star resort on Puerto Rico after that, where we changed the room 3 times on the first day...).
The breakfast on the common terrace consisted of fruits, oatmeal, cake and coffee was the perfect start for us into an active day full of adventure on St. John.
Location? Perfectly close walking distance to the ferry dock (3 mins.) and to plenty of busy sea-side bars, nice restaurants and also the only real supermarket in town.

Overalll one can feel that the hotel is run by its owners, who do not only care a lot about the condition of their rooms, but also care personally about their guests and are always available with good reccommendations.

However, everything comes with draw-backs, e.g. if you want to jump in a pool at night go to a resort. If you search absolute tranquility in your room, you will not find that here as the neighbouring bars may play music in the evening.

Overall, this hotel is probably the best you can find in terms of Cruz Bay location, acceptable price, well equipped room and cleanliness. For us (young active traveler couple) it was an excellent choice and we can fully reccomend it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FranconiaTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

This tiny place was lovely welcoming and convenient to town. The husband and wife owners have done a wonderful job with the place.

Room Tip: Very clean and modern!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Plainville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We have been going to St.John for 10 years now staying at the Westin through our timeshare but always felt one week was just not enough. So we extended our trip by a couple of days. We love the location and how clean the Hotel was. It reminded us a lot of when we went to Italy with the quaint rooms and great Italian restaurant below. The owners are very attentive. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom399
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Cute place. Nice and clean. Great people. But I couldn't sleep due to the light coming through the tiny wicker 'blinds'. ANd for $200/night I would like more than one tiny cheap towel and one pillow. Other than that though, it was..nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BDG20
Alexandria, Va.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have to admit, I was a bit curious about just what a "boutique" hotel meant in Cruz Bay, but upon arrival, found it to be just as advertised... clean, comfortable, great continental breakfast, and most assuredly David and Denise, our hosts, made us feel like part of the family without being intrusive. We are the type that get up early, hit the beaches and trails, and get back to our lodging in time to shower and hit the restaurants. Cruz Bay Hotel could not have been more perfect for our style of vacationing.... and again, David and Denise (and Cathy) were terrific hosts that had quick answers to every question we had, and were just fun to visit with.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dub T
Freeport, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

> Thanks so much for a fun stay in St. John, we had a lot of fun
> and will definitely be back. The rooms we had was very comfortable and clean and the location was fantastic. We loved the pizza at the restaurant in your building and walked to everything. With the high prices at the other hotels on St. John, it is nice to have a wonderfully comfortable, convenient and friendly place that is reasonably priced as well. We will definitely stay with you whenever we are in St. John. You guys have inspired us to
> seriously consider opening our own B and B in 5 years maybe in Maine
> where we live or somewhere else. Thanks for that! See you soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie P
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

More the feel of an upscale Key West guest house than a hotel, I could not have been more pleased with my accommodations. From the moment of my warm and friendly arrival, until the time of my departure, it was perhaps the most pleasant stay that I have ever had in the 30+ years that I have been going to St. John. The tone of the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel is very laid back and casual. My room was very comfortable and simply, but nicely appointed. The towels and linens were of excellent quality, and my room and bath were kept impeccably clean. Normally an early riser and loner, the casual morning breakfasts with the other guests were something I actually looked forward to. It way always a bit of an event. The conversation was always lively, with not a trace of any type of formality. I met more Europeans on this trip than I ever have. The location is excellent! If it takes you longer than five minuets to get from the dock to the hotel, you are most likely taking your time getting there. This was the first time that I ever stayed in downtown Cruz Bay and I was very impressed, especially at night. Thanks to the excellent advice from our hosts, Denise and David, and the superb location, I was able to try out several new restaurants (La Tapa is excellent!.) and to visit a few of my old favorites. (After a long day at the beach, Woody's always hits the spot.). I would definitely stay here again and because I enjoyed myself so thoroughly the first time, I am already planning my nest winter holiday in St. John. For sure, I'll be staying at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
0.5 km away
Estate Lindholm
Estate Lindholm
#1 of 5 in Cruz Bay

Been to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!