“Nice meal.......”

Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: French inspired fine dining and fine wines. Located on the waterfront in Cruz Bay, between Grande Bay Resort and Wharfside Village. Bar opens nightly at 4:30 for our fresh oyster happy hour, restaurant opens at 5:30. Open 7 days. Reservations recommended
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We made a reservation but had to wait at the bar for about 20min. No problem...the bartender was excellent, professional and very friendly.

Once we were seated our waitress didn't show up for about 10min. Although, we did receive water. When she did finally show up, I was in the middle of a sentence talking to my husband about the appetizer we would order and she made a noise (eh..hmmm) and tilted her head apparently in frustration as she was the most important person there and couldn't wait 10 seconds for my sentence to end.

We ordered a nice bottle of wine which took another 15min. to arrive. Our appetizer arrived before the wine. Escargot....very delicious. Steaks....delicious....dessert.....delicious.
Staff.....irritating and unmotivated.
I would dine here again, but if she were our waitress we would absolutely ask for a different person.

1  Thank Bfulk

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We live on St. John. This was defiantly on our list of places to try out. It's a little expensive, but you get what you pay for. The views of the harbor are incredible. If you are lucky enough to time your dinner right you can have an incredible sunset view. We did and it was the highlight of the evening. Incredible food with nice glass of wine. Doesn't get any better than this. If you are staying on St John, or visiting from St Thomas you have to try this restaurant. It will not disappoint. Enjoy...

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The food and the atmosphere here are incredible. The view is awesome, as it overlooks the harbor. My wife and I shared a few apps and some entrees, all of which were amazing. I would not recommend the desert we had, the bomba. It was way too hard to eat and lacked flavor. My only reason for not giving it 5 stars is our waitress. I believe there was only one waitress for the outside terrace area. She was very overwhelmed. Took her a while to take our order, check up on us, etc. Go for the food, it won't disappoint!

1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I've traveled to the island 4 times and never ate here because I thought the menu would be tough to accommodate my teenagers...I WAS WRONG! Best meal on the island for all 7 members of our party! Food, drink & service was exceptional! Our waitress, Jodie, was so sweet! She loved to interact with our family and was excited to hear about our trip! She offered great suggestions for ordering appetizers and meals! I will not miss out on this gem again! The sunset view is to die for too!

1  Thank Jodi A
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We went on a rainy July 21 for our anniversary. We were seated near a Jasmine Bush that gave off the most exquisite scent.Excellent drinks. Great atmosphere Both my husband's and my appetizer(I had amazing soup) and entree(roasted chicken was superb-he had seafood ) were fantastic. Our only complaint was dessert. They have a phenomenal dessert menu and we were SO excited to try the desserts.We ordered and waited another 25 minutes with no sign of dessert . We normally would not care but we had an early departure the next morning.We asked the waitress why the hold up and she indicated that they had a large party and had moved us behind two other groups. We said that was fine and we would just like to cancel dessert. We had had such a great meal and our "figures" did not need it anyway. She then said -oh I'll get it right now and went back to get it. We felt that was disingenuous as we had been put behind other groups(one groups maybe but why several( and then when we said we were leaving all of a sudden it is ready? This issue would not however in any way keep us from either recommending The Terrace wholeheartedly and going eagerly back.However, at the end of a meal, especially if someone has already indicated they have an early departure if it is going to be a long time routinely or a decision is made to delay let folks know-

1  Thank Jacki217