“felt ripe off by pirates”
Review of Bahamas

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
California
“felt ripe off by pirates”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

True to the pirate heritage, the Bahamians has all kinds of manditory hidden fees to extract as much money out of you in every ways. We've been to travel destination in many regions/countries. Bahama is the most outrageous. We stayed in the Sheraton. Here are a few examples: "extra person fee" even though we only have 2 people in the room, manditory gratuaity of $18 per day per person regardless of whether any service is provided, $12 for bell service again if u don't use it, it's your problem. The hotel also charge me for bottled water not drank, small sum of money, it's just unfair. We SCUBA all over the world, Stuart Cove dive shop here has the worst service, more like non-existant service. You are pretty much left to yourself. There were minimal staff per dive. Today we had 1 dive master and a photographer who's mostly there to take picture for a group of 16. On a 2 tank dive, the 2nd tank is usually in a shallow region and you are on your own. Staffs are aloft. We have to ask for everything to get anything done. Overall, this is a one-star country with minimal infrastructure for a 5-star price. OVER-PRICED with little VALUE.

St. Catherines
“Paradise Island”
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I was doing a bit of research on the Bahamas before I left for my trip. I found both Tripadvisor and http://www.bahamas.com both very useful and settled on visiting Paradise Island just off a short distance away from Nassau. We stayed at the Atlantis Resort and had a great time visiting the numerous attractions from the casino to the Atlantis Aquarium. I found the aquarium to one of the best attractions I've ever see with Sting Rays, Saw Shark, Barracudas swimming around and there was even a story about the lost city of Atlantis. The second last day before we had to fly back home a trip was made to Aquadventure and I'm amazed by the place it seemed like we were on a movie set for Indiana Jones. I recommend everyone to visit the Bahamas it's a great place with friendly people and lasting memories.

Miami, Florida
18 helpful votes
“reminds me of little haiti in miami.....”
Reviewed 1 June 2008

i enjoyed the bahamas, i went diving with stuart cove diving and had a blast. Nassau is an interesting place, smells a lot like urine and there are hustlers all on the street, (again reminds me of miami) but the true pleasure of the bahamas is the perfectly clear blue water that is probably the most spectacular that i have seen in my young travel history.. if you get a chance rent a car or moped and drive along west bay road and you will find little coves that are so pretty that you must stop and take a picture.you will also see some great houses. diving is very good ,I went on a shark dive and there must have been fifty of them. the bad thing about the bahamas is that it is very, very expensive. food is not cheap nor is being entertained. one thing i did hear from tourist i met is that staying more than a few days (i stayed 3) it can get a little boring unless you visit the different cays that make up the outer islands of new providence. diving is good. p.s. Take a lot of money, you will need it!!!!!!!

1 Thank miamirabbit
Mexico City, Mexico
23 helpful votes
“Best beach in the world”
Reviewed 4 May 2008

In Paradise island I found my favorite beach in the entire world. Sand so white and fine you can barely feel it between your fingers, so much fish swimming a few inches from you that it feels like swimming (diving, snorkeling) in a tropical aquarium and wonderfully warm ocean water. Blue waters, palm trees, it has it all...

1 Thank fabulousfabio2000
Indiana
1 helpful vote
“Culture”
Reviewed 30 April 2008

The Islands are gorgeous--unfortunately, as a culture they are very inhospitable. We've been there twice and both times (at different resorts) we received very moderate to below average service. No one smiles--bellmen, front desk staff, servers, life guards, bar tenders. It's sad because it's a place we enjoyed for it's amenities and natural beauty but we'd never return--when on vacation we don't want to feel apologetic when asking for our meals or checking into a hotel. I would not recommend going to the Bahamas to anyone.

1 Thank MSN6906

Been to Bahamas? Share your experiences!