Aquaventure Water Park at Atlantis Paradise Island
Aquaventure Oasis at Atlantis with Lunch
Ranked #8 of 77 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aquaventure, Atlantis Paradise Island's water park, is a one-of-a-kind 141-acre waterscape with complimentary admission for overnight guests at Atlantis. This non-stop aquatic thrill ride features over twenty million gallons of water, incredible Atlantean-themed towers, thrilling high-speed water slides, a mile-long river ride with rolling rapids and wave surges, 20 swimming areas, a spectacular kids water-play fort and 11 unique and refreshing swimming pools. Aquaventure is connected by a lush, tropical environment that is both immersive and interconnected, and perfect for all vacationers, whether young and older. The water park offers an extreme level of excitement and delivers an "aqua" adventure unlike any other.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I must point out that when anywhere near water here, water shoes are your best friends. The pavement gets VERY slippery, so be sure to keep that in mind. Also, lockers are well worth the price, but I can't imagine there being enough when the park is busy.

With no line-ups to speak of, we got our bracelets, which change daily, and headed for the water park before I could talk myself out of it. I had promised myself to do everything once and not come home with regrets, and was determined to follow through.

First we went over to the Current, using a double tube. This mile long not so lazy river is awesome! We did it over and over. A word of advice, if you get tossed from your tube in a rapids section, don't try to stand up as that is impossible and results in scrapes and bruises. Try instead to float and hold onto your tube until you get to the next entrance.

Our next stop was the Leap of Faith at the Mayan Temple. Holy Crap! The good thing about this is that you go so fast it's over in no time. The bad thing is that you go so fast you don't really notice when you end up in a see-through tube surrounded by sharks. I let out a blood curdling scream all the way down.

Luckily, the Serpent Slide goes a tad bit slower once you get amongst the sharks. It goes through darkness on the way there, so you don't see the twists and turns coming, but we used a dual tube so I wasn't alone. We did this slide twice, once again on our last day. It is very neat to see the sharks all around you.

We tackled the Power Tower slides the next day. The Abyss was terrifying but I did it!  The Falls was exhilarating and The Surge a lot of fun. Just remember to keep your bottom up when you sit on the tube, or you could end up with a very bruised behind!

1  Thank Janeway62
Write a ReviewReviews (6,938)
All reviews
in 245 reviews
"marine life"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Wow what a fantastic place. We were in Nassau for the day on a cruise and headed over to Atlantis to gamble. The resort is beautiful with plenty of activities for families with children young and old. The beach is wonderful, very safe. Food is expensive in the sit down restaurants, but there are pizza locations and other lower priced options. There is an excellent shopping area as well.

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed at Atlantis. Sons are 18 and 21 and they had fun. Wife and I joined and also had a good time.

Date of experience: December 2012
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We did a one day excursion through our cruise. We had the best time. We did not get to see and do everything. We plan to go again. Wear good walking shoes. The beach was absolutely beautiful!

2  Thank Kristen H
See more reviews
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I came to Atlantis because I was on a Carnival Cruise and they offered it to us for $150 including lunch, transfers and all day to spend in Atlantis/Aquaventure.
I thought it was amazing. The waterslides were really good and fun. The lazy river was the best lazy river ive ever been in because it's not just a lazy river, there's rapids and waves as well as slower moving areas. I liked that at the end there was a conveyor belt to take you and your tube to the top of the water slide area so you didn't have to leave the tube to go down a slide.
There were also so many options of pools that it meant if there wasnt good seats at one you just walk a little further and you'd have more options.
The tube slide where you come out into a glass aquarium and see sharks swimming all around you was very cool
The food was average but when you're at a waterpark you don't need good food, just something to keep you going.
The service was great everywhere i went and the people at the towel bays were very nice and always gave me fresh towels

Date of experience: November 2012