I have not yet stayed at any other hotel in the UK or abroad that I have hated so much. This was a very expensive holiday, the most expensive I have ever booked. This was supposed to be a holiday of a life time for our 1st anniversary. I could have bought a small car for the cost I paid for it. It was definitely not worth it. Being driven from the airport we approached Breezers and could see the large breezers logo ahead, we could also see the massive construction site with 5 tall cranes and several tall silo thingys?lots of heavy plant was moving around and up and down on the road outside the hotel frontage whilst we were there. Check-in was disorganised and took about 30 mins.
The sea view (this cost extra by the way), could only be viewed as you stood in your room. All the balconies are Juliette style railings so it’s not like you can sit on it and soak up the view. We infact couldn't even sit together to view the ocean as there was only one chair in our room.
The shower door seal was hung off, we didn't realise this initially so flooded the bathroom and nearly the bedroom too. There was thick soft brown scum built up on the shower head and on the shower seat too. There was soft thick black scum all around the inside and outside of the shower door frame, tiles, floor grout, etc. Discussing.
If we opened the doors to the balcony to enjoy the sea air we could hear the construction site noise.
We found sun beds constantly had sloppy seagull poo on them that we had to wipe off. Although there was a good selection, the meals were always cold (tepid at best), the hot drinks were the same. Best to go early for your meals before all the tables are used up. Re-setting tables seems to be a problem. One day we sat 15 mins (at the only available table that wasn't piled with dirty crockery), we asked the staff 4x for cutlery.
The staff were all always very polite, if disorganised. Watch the sausages at the pool grill ours were totally raw inside but there the chips were hot and that was a real treat. Bed was comfy but the bedding didn't fit it and was old looking and stained. The entertainment was best described as noisy and talentless; the noisy resonated through to our room and kept us awake.
Nassau centre is tatty, rundown and unloved with lots of empty buildings and treacherous pavements. $4.75 for a can of lemonade and $14.95 for lasagne in a roadside cafe bar. Some much more expensive that that too.
Positives... It was sunny and hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort in The Bahamas is situated on almost 1000-ft of the powder-white sands of Cable Beach, the island's best beach. No Hidden Taxes or Fees or surcharges - just one upfront price. Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lobby included - virtually everything you can eat, drink & do included one simple, upfront price - with no tipping allowed. Tennis, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, flying trapeze! Three restaurants plus a beach grill. Four bars. Nightclub and piano bar. All included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel Nassau
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Nassau
- Breezes Nassau
- Super Club Breeze Bahamas
- Breezes Superclub Bahamas
- Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas Nassau