“Dirty and disorganised..”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have not yet stayed at any other hotel in the UK or abroad that I have hated so much. This was a very expensive holiday, the most expensive I have ever booked. This was supposed to be a holiday of a life time for our 1st anniversary. I could have bought a small car for the cost I paid for it. It was definitely not worth it. Being driven from the airport we approached Breezers and could see the large breezers logo ahead, we could also see the massive construction site with 5 tall cranes and several tall silo thingys?lots of heavy plant was moving around and up and down on the road outside the hotel frontage whilst we were there. Check-in was disorganised and took about 30 mins.

The sea view (this cost extra by the way), could only be viewed as you stood in your room. All the balconies are Juliette style railings so it’s not like you can sit on it and soak up the view. We infact couldn't even sit together to view the ocean as there was only one chair in our room.
The shower door seal was hung off, we didn't realise this initially so flooded the bathroom and nearly the bedroom too. There was thick soft brown scum built up on the shower head and on the shower seat too. There was soft thick black scum all around the inside and outside of the shower door frame, tiles, floor grout, etc. Discussing.
If we opened the doors to the balcony to enjoy the sea air we could hear the construction site noise.
We found sun beds constantly had sloppy seagull poo on them that we had to wipe off. Although there was a good selection, the meals were always cold (tepid at best), the hot drinks were the same. Best to go early for your meals before all the tables are used up. Re-setting tables seems to be a problem. One day we sat 15 mins (at the only available table that wasn't piled with dirty crockery), we asked the staff 4x for cutlery.
The staff were all always very polite, if disorganised. Watch the sausages at the pool grill ours were totally raw inside but there the chips were hot and that was a real treat. Bed was comfy but the bedding didn't fit it and was old looking and stained. The entertainment was best described as noisy and talentless; the noisy resonated through to our room and kept us awake.
Nassau centre is tatty, rundown and unloved with lots of empty buildings and treacherous pavements. $4.75 for a can of lemonade and $14.95 for lasagne in a roadside cafe bar. Some much more expensive that that too.

Positives... It was sunny and hot.

Room Tip: Don't go unless you get a really, really cheap deal.
1  Thank Karen s
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Dear Guest,
It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your visit to Breezes Bahamas.We would wish to note the following:
1.Breezes Bahamas does not advertize as having fully balconies.All of our travel partners are aware of same.We are sorry that this was not communicated to you in advance.
2.The works taken place to west of our resort are considerably removed and we have had no
concerns with intrusive noises.
3.The Beach Grill does not serve sausages as a part of it's culinary offerings.
4.Our Entertainment program is very structured with various themed evenings and coordinated events.
5.The Water Sports team consistently monitors our chaise lounges and promptly effects any
cleaning that may be required.
It is regretful that whilst in house you did not seek to apprise management of any concerns thus affording us an opportunity to address same.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
general Manager

There are newer reviews for Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I bought this trip for my two best friends for their birthdays, we had the time of our lives. The food was amazing, the rooms were clean, and the people were welcoming and fun. If i had to pick my favorite part of the trip, it would have to be the Entertainment Crew, they made sure there was NEVER a dull moment from the moment you wake up till you go to bed. The togas the tiff and the girls made us for the toga party looked like something you would see on a runway. Nevado, my favorite person of the entire entertainment crew, had flying trapeze lessons everyday. Every night they had a dance performance with a theme in the main lobby.The bartenders were sweet and creative, i never had a drink i didn't love. Everything was perfect! I'm a world traveler, so I've vacationed to numerous beautiful and exotic places, but the impression The Breeses had on me surpasses them all. I miss it already. If you want to have the best trip of your life, go to The Breeses....do it. <3 Sarah Handal

Room Tip: Ground floor Room 167 was PERFECT!!!!! 3 ft away from the bar a few more from the beach
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We had a excellent time. Breezes is in a good location on cable beach.The complete staff right from the reception desk upon arrival have been warm and friendly.We had a lovely clean room overlooking the ocean & watched the cruise ships sail into Nassau.Our evening in the Garden of Eden was excelent.The Buffet had a very good selection.Delvon & staff did a excelent job.We enjoyed the piano bar for a after dinner drink.The food at the snack bar was very good.& there was a good variety.The bars were very well stocked with premium drinks.I really enjoyed that shot of crown royal.The entertaiment by far was the best.The cleaning & maintance staff did a very good job keeping the resort looking its best.My Wife & I are repeat customers & are looking forward to another trip back.

4  Thank 292Greg
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Breezes is a reasonably priced all-inclusive resort with no hidden fees. The only other all-inclusive resort in Nassau that I know of is Sandals, which looks super nice but is way more expensive. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Breezes. The staff was nice and the beach was good. Also, my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I also really liked how easy it was to arrange excursions. There's a desk in the front lobby of the resort where you can book excursions and the excursion operators pick you up at the hotel. Also, you can easily get on a number 10 bus, which will take you downtown. The big negative of Breezes is the food. I found it to be quite terrible - particularly the food in the Dining Hall. Nothing there is fresh, healthy or of quality and they use those nasty heating trays. My other critique of the resort is that it offers very little opportunities for romance. For instance, the rooms only come with standing showers and there's no on site spa.

4  Thank Kay M

My wife and I stayed at breezes from feb 25 to march 4th,
rooms were very clean and staff very friendly
food was very good, and you felt very comfortable and secure there, When i see some people leave terrible comments about this place I can only say they would not be pleased where ever they go and should stay home. we would recommend this place to any one.

Room Tip: ocean view away from disco and bars if you want quietness
5  Thank MJH2012
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Breezes is extremely affordable for an all inclusive no hidden fees resort. The rooms were clean, the pool was clean, te food was good and the staff was incredible. The entertainment staff, Shawnee, Tiff, Navado, KJ will make you feel comfortable while enjoying the entertainment, the bartenders, Will and Michelle (pool bar) will remember you and make you feel like their favorite patrons. Breezes made the Bahamas and incredible vacation and we will be returning!

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank DJtravels405
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel itself was very large, loud and in need of a bit of care. Come to think of it many of the guests could be described as the same. From 10.30 the pool area is very congested with a rush for sun loungers, the bar is open and the large groups of American and Canadian guests start to get themselves heard. This coupled with the poolside entertainment, forget any chance of relaxation, to escape this a spot on the beach would be your solution.
The only real low point of this all inclusive hotel was the restaurant food, which is mainly out of a tin and processed. The lack of imagination was highlighted by serving an apple pie still in the silver tray. A bit more effort could have gone a long way.
Would I stay here again, no.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank beefdog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7.6 km away
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau
1.9 km away
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!