“great vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belleville, Canada
“great vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Went to Breezes Nassau Apr 1-5,2012 had a wonderful time. Stayed at Breezes in Jamaica last month and Breezes in Nassau was much nicer. Food was good beach beautiful and calm, rooms were average but clean but no balcony. For the $$$ and being one of the few all inclusive I would return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 42Carol63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,567)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Breezes resort in Nassau and loved it! The resort was well kept and clean the staff were friendly and accommodating and it was only minutes from the most beautiful beach. We would defiantly go back to breezes, in fact we had a tour of some other (more expensive) resorts and there was no comparison.

There was always a variety of food available for guests at all times of the day and if you needed something at your table, they will bring it for you before you even asked. The pool and the out door area was BEAUTIFUL and bar and snack stand were awesome. But by far above anything the best part of Breezes resort was the entertainment. Every night was a different theme and there were a variety of activities for young and old, including the band Funky D and the summer breeze and the young entertainment staff who had an array of dancing, singing, magical and even fire eating abilities. We would defiantly recommend this resort, and will defiantly return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TheWhytes
Rockford, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Okay--- so we were VERY nervous after reading the spring breaker reviews. And rightfully so. We arrived on a Friday and it was very quiet. Saturday was quiet as well. But around 2 or 3 Sunday afternoon the kids started arriving by the truckloads! There were hundreds of them... most of whom booked through GradCity.com. As a 30 yr old couple we definitely felt out of place, but there were many other "older" couples there as well. We met lots of repeat guests.

We had a quiet area of the hotel and did not experience any trouble with noise. The hotel band got a little loud around 11pm, but was done by midnight. However, other people we met had trouble with people on their floor being noisy. Security was very good- we felt very safe.

Our room was as expected. We'd stayed in a Breezes in Jamaica before, so we kinda knew what to expect. The bathrooms were updated. The bed was uncomfortable. But the room was very clean.

The food was good. Plenty of choices for all meals. We did try the Garden of Eden and that was good as well.

The staff was awesome. The grounds were well-maintained. Overall we had a nice, relaxing time. One of the front desk workers advised me that their busiest time with Spring Breakers is mid-Feb through mid-April. She said mid-Feb to mid-March is mostly college spring breakers- which is much quieter than when the high school seniors come.

For the price, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Bring your own thermos or water bottle!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JessicaK625
Halifax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I had been reading the reviews for this hotel for the past couple of months prior to us going so I knew what to expect. To give a little bit of my background, I have been to two 4 star hotels in Cuba and two 5 stars in Mexico and Jamaica in the past. This hotel is a solid 4 star as far as the hotel itself. Does it need updating? Yes, but it was comfortable and clean so decor wasn't a big issue for me. I have read that people found the beds uncomfortable but we didn't have a problem with ours. Slept great every night. They have an amazing liquor selection. The best that I have seen at any resort.

Our first afternoon there we went for a walk on the beach and we met Ruben who offered us a free day pass to Atlantis for going on a 90 min presentation at the hotel across the street from Atlantis. They provided transportation and breakfast and weren't pushy at all when we said we weren't interested. They handed us our passes and we walked across the street to Atlantis. Atlantis is an amazing place! The aquarium is a must see and the day pass includes a yummy lunch as well. After spending the day here we were really glad to head back to Breezes at 3pm in the provided shuttle. This was a great deal.

The food was better than I expected. The buffet had something for everyone. The beach grill was really good. The Garden of Eden was really good as well (great service from Arthur). We went to Martinos 3 times and it was great everytime. Especially loved the chicken parmesean and the steak (James was awesome and so was Donecia). The reservation system leaves something to be desired. You have to call for reservations between 9 & 11 for reservations for the next day and it's really hard and frustrating to get through. We didn't have reservations for any of the 3 times we went to Martino's. We just went in to see if there were any seats available and there were twice. The other time we met some friends who already had reservations and asked us to join them.

What really makes this place stand out are the people. Everyone is so friendly everywhere. We spent one entire evening with Marvin (from the entertainment team) and we had some really great conversations. We went into the town by bus to shop and go to Senor Frogs (awesome time there!) and felt totally safe.

We did the Booze and Cruise for $60 pp and also the Blue Lagoon Island day pass for $54 pp. We had a great time doing both although the snorkeling on the Booze Cruise was pretty crappy and if you're not a drinker, I do not recommend the Booze and Cruise. It's a big party!

The biggest downside of this resort are the student groups they host. They had two different groups of high school seniors who came during the last half of our trip. They did a lot of organized trips with them so they were off site quite a bit but you definately knew when they were there. Not easy to relax when they were screaming next to you and they also claimed big lots of chairs on the beach so one day we weren't able to get a chair there. Did it ruin my trip? No. Would I go back? Yes, but I would try to book a time when they aren't there. I have no idea when that is but that's when I would try to book.

I would definately go back to Breezes. We really had a great overall time.

Room Tip: Try to get ocean front! Those rooms looked awesome. The students are usually on floors one and two...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tamkav
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased to note that your vacation was enjoyable.Our team-members are an intregal part of our success and it is encouraging to note that they contributed largely to a pleasant visit.
Best Regards,
Jackson Weech
General Manager.
MANCHESTER
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had an extremely relaxing vacation. Being on the first floor gave us a hammock and a little patio which was lovely. There were several spring break groups there, but this was only really an issue the last day we were there when the future leaders of Oklahoma showed up (Good luck if you live there by the way). The room was plain, not upgraded other than a flat screen tv. Furniture had scratches, drawers were broken, bathroom was moldy, mirror had a crack in it. We weren't there to spend time in the room so we ignored all these things and went about our day. The bus stop is right down the street which was nice, the walk to the casino is long or you pay $10 cab fare which was not nice. Beach was beautiful. Food was bad the first two days (Lacked flavor and selection), The 3rd and 4th day were pretty good (We joked that the real chef was on vacation the first two days). The staff was great, very nice at all interactions. They even overnighted my car keys that I had mistakenly left in the room to me after I was back in the states. All in all, I would probably stay elsewhere if I return to the Bahamas which I am not sure I would do simply because we have had better times in Mexico and The Dominican.

Room Tip: Get 1st Floor Room with a Hammock
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaribbeanTim
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We were looking for a calm place to relax and this resort is the other way around. Very noisy, especcialy if your room has a view from the pool. Next time i will try the Sandals. We stayed 5 nights and the food was ok but to make reservations for the " Special Dinners" you have to wake up early in the morning and try to make the reservations by phone. It is ridiculous. Also, when you do make the reservations the food is about the same the serve at the buffet.
The water in the swimming pool is hot all day long and the color is very dark, people eating and drinking in the pool al day long. The beach in front of the resort is very nice.

Room Tip: Away from the pool
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Glayber S

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Okay, first off I want to say that this a beautiful property. I stayed here for two nights as a mini vacation and loved it. The only thing I was upset about is what was all available to me that I did not know about.This information should be available for all guests and I suggest having a welcome package in every room so guests can know all that is available.

The food was not the best when I did go down to the restaurant my last night there. And I never got to taste any of the alcoholic drinks, so I feel as if I wasted my money.

However, I am going back in a few weeks with the knowledge I have now of the property, so hopefully I will enjoy it.

Room Tip: 7th floor people!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank LRahm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7.2 km away
1.9 km away
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
4.8 km away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!