4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21-03-20
eDreams
US$242
Free cancellation until 21-03-21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Booking.comUS$242
travelup.comUS$244
HurbUS$310
4,188 results
All reviews private beach the executive lounge day pass paradise island straw market cruise ship senor frogs fish fry bay street hotel beach senior frogs hotel guests junkanoo beach food and drinks nice beach fitness center pool bar
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2020

This awful stay is not acceptable-. I have pictures - the internet did not work, the pool was closed, the faucet was broken in half, tile in the room was loose and I cut my foot, the ice machine was broken, food was so bad a had to eat at McDonald's next door. I am home in Memphis TN - Hilton's international headquarters- I will forward all info to several of my friends who are executives .

Room tip: rooms are smelly don't go
Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Dreamer239726
Lashonna D, Front Office Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton hotel and for taking the time to complete our online survey.

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback.This level of service is the exception at our property and not the norm. Our Executive Committee will review these comments further to take the necessary corrective actions.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed March 15, 2020

We spent the weekend at the hotel and I want others to be aware of the reality of what the hotel is going to put on in additional charges for every night you stay. Here is exactly what was on our bill (every night).

ROOM VAT. 30.24
Levy. 25.20
Levy VAT. 3.02
Team Member Gratuity. 10.00
Energy Surcharge 24.00
Energy VAT 2.88 (I think they just taxed a tax....)

If my math is right that is 95.34 in taxes and forced gratuity per night.

In general we enjoyed the hotel. It is a bit older but in a great location. All the additional charges at checkout was a bit of a killjoy but hopefully this will at least warn others.

One other note, being Hilton Diamond there doesn't mean that much. It feels like that doesn't mean anything to them. It didn't make a difference on our room and they charge you for a hot breakfast where that is included for Diamond at most Hiltons.

Just FYI.....

Room tip: Understand the additional charges.
Date of stay: March 2020
4  Thank Klpaint
Lashonna D, Front Office Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton and your loyalty to Hilton as a Diamond Hilton honors member.

We apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

The taxes in the Bahamas are inclusive of government VAT taxes.

Thank you for the valuable feedback provided.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you require additional assistance.

Reviewed March 10, 2020

Great location, friendly staff, nice bars and outdoor areas.Great views from the upper floors.
However woken on the third morning by workmen tramping on the roof and using tools to remove some sort of waterproofing. It went on for hours.
When I complained I was told that there was nothing they could do about it. I was offered a smaller room without a view on a lower floor. My partner decided that it was too much trouble to move. The hotel gave us a free breakfast which was nice. My real complaint is that they let out the room knowing that the work was to be carried out. The work and noise occurred the next day as well.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Bob C
Lashonna D, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2020

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback provided and will use it to improve our product, service and overall guest experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed March 6, 2020

Booked a room at the hotel during an overnight port visit on a cruise. It's a value price if you pay with $ or HH points. It is also within walking distance of the cruise port and downtown Nassau, so very convenient if you want to pair a stay with a cruise (I believe there are some cruiseliners that leave from Florida ports and provide guests flexible options to stay overnight on islands). Rooms and property were up to date and convenient to have a private beach on property. The executive lounge also hosts complimentary snacks and beverages (including alcohol) daily.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank juliadW2599GZ
ShanascoC, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2020

Thank you for visiting the British Colonial Hilton and thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 6, 2020 via mobile

An historic hotel that is very nicely updated while maintaining its old school character. Central location that is walking distance the Queen’s staircase,John wattley distillery , fish fry and other local destinations. You can lay in bed and watch the cruise ships pass by less than 100 yards from your private beach. We walked to Paradise Island, but it’s a bit of a trek. Restaurants, shopping, liquor stores nearby, we’ll stay here again. Be prepared, The Bahamas are on the expensive side, 12% VAT and 17% gratuity applied to nearly all purchases. I was very disappointed in the duty free shopping, liquor is not a value.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in Bahamas, thank you for your review.