4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21-03-20
eDreams
US$242
Free cancellation until 21-03-21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Booking.comUS$242
travelup.comUS$244
HurbUS$310
4,188 results
All reviews private beach the executive lounge day pass paradise island straw market cruise ship senor frogs fish fry bay street hotel beach senior frogs hotel guests junkanoo beach food and drinks nice beach fitness center pool bar
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2020 via mobile

After experiencing a let down from another hotel my "old faithful " saved the day. Was able to check in within 10 minutes and was able to enjoy the rest of my trip. Great hotel great location. The breakfasts were the best part. Friendly staff to take the order to the service. Thanks again and you will be my #1 choice in the future.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank travels242
Shanasco Campbell, Guest Services / Front Office at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2020

Thank you for staying with us at the British Colonial Hilton. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2020

The Hilton used to be be on my favourite list but not anymore. We booked a suite, as we were staying a long time so we could have space. Already paying a premium for Christmas I was shocked that I was told I had to pay an additional charge (x 2 as we had a suite) to have my room cleaned everyday. The other thing that annoyed us was that this is supposed to be an ocean view suite so looking out of the bedroom window on to a newly built apartment building does NOT make it ocean view only the sitting room had the view. Also the construction workers worked on Christmas Day waking us up at 7am! The hotel is very tired and in desperate need of a good clean and redecoration. The air con kept breaking down, the windows let in water when it rained and rattled when the wind got up. Upgraded to use the Club Lounge which is only really available in the evening between 5pm and 7pm. Asked to have cups and saucers rather than paper cups for coffee machine and was told that would be a room service charge -what happened to customer service? No pool service and yet was charged for it but you have to get your own drinks from the bar, no help with sun beds and hotel guests do not get first pick of sun beds as the hotel rents them out to the cruise ships. Breakfast was basic continental but no juice if you’re not there early and they do not replenish that often. Had to clear table to be able to get a place to sit. Also watch the bar as you can order one wine and they bring you another of the same type but more expensive without telling you.

Room tip: If you ask for ocean view make sure it is not partial view, watch out for additional charges like cleaning, pool side service
Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank Karen1911
Lashonna Dean, Revenue Management at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2020

Thank you again for your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton hotel.

We apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations during your recent visit with us.

We will share this feedback with our Executive Committee to improve our product, service and overall guest experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2020

I booked 2-night-stay at the Hilton with the expectations that the hotel would live up to the brand name. I was extremely disappointed. My room had ac issues and I called the front desk. I was informed that the technician had already left for the day and skeleton crew was working. They sent someone upstairs with two Lasko stand up fans. I could not believe it! I mean did they really just sent two fans to my room before offering me another room.
I actually had to go downstairs and told them that was not going to work. I know the hotel had just reopened but really two fans!!!!
Let’s just say I had originally booked two nights and needless to say that was the last!!!!!
I’m scared for life and will never forget two lasko fans that was brought to my room.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank illest_85

Thank you again for your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton hotel.

Our sincerest apologies for the challenges with the air conditioner during your stay with us.

I am pleased to advised that our Engineering department rectified the challenge and our air condition services have been restored.

It is our hope that we can provide you with the exceptional service our property is known for during your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 21, 2020

A smile and a cheerful hello will greet you and instantly you are in love with the Bahamas! We enjoyed the private beach and central location. The generosity will bring us back again!! “See you later!!”

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Lashonna D, Front Office Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton hotel and for taking the time to complete our online survey.

Thank you for the positive review.

We look forward to welcoming in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2020

Great location, nice pool, location right on the beach ... food was ok but did go to the McDonalds a couple of times with the kids, At $300 a night I expected like any other hotel back home that the room would be cleaned daily - we stayed 5 nights and the room was cleaned once - oh sure the cleaning staff asked if we need towels but that shouldn't be the extent of the service at that price - very disappointing,.

Room tip: Rooms on the east side of the hotel have better views.
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank jaguar_forever
Lashonna D, Front Office Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2020

Dear Guest,

We apologize that we did not fully meet your expectations during your stay with us.

Thank you for the valuable feedback provided. We will use this to improve our product, service and overall guest experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of service.