West Wind Club II
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$495
US$327
US$273
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewswestwind iithrough rcitime sharecable beachqueen bedrent beach towelstennis courtsmonday night bbqunits facebedrooms and two bathroomsupper unitgreat family resortthe grillliquor storestraw marketour home away from homejet skiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is a small timeshare built in the 70's with nondescript, suburban style architecture. Although unit was clean, it could use some fresh paint, new kitchen and bathroom counters, and new window coverings. Vertical blinds in 2nd floor loft bedroom didn't keep out light from nearby parking lot, so bring an sleep mask. Grounds were generally well maintained, but our patio/deck had cigarette butts in what should have been a planter box. The (small) beach was not raked, so shredded plastic was strewn on sand. Price was good - seemed to be in the budget category.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank TKM
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The unit was spotless and well supplied with all you need to cook if you like. The grounds were wonderful and the units are just steps from the beach. Just pop on bus # 10 for a short ride to town. I would love to see the units updated (ok I'm spoiled) but we will go back next winter for sure. We had fun at the casinos (just next door) and enjoyed local eaters for our dinner. Grocery store is 3/4 mile fm the unit and I took several canvas shopping bags for the short walk back to the unit or take bus # 10 back from the store. What can I say but it was a fine week!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Margot A
Reviewed 22 December 2011

First, the good things; and there are lots of good things about this resort. The rooms are great. They are very spacious. We had one bedroom and an additional loft that had two more twin beds. The kitchen and all the items in the kitchen were in pretty good condition. A newer flat screen TV finished out the nice parts of the hotel.

Outside the rooms, the pool closer to the highway is the popular one. It is heated and generally at a good temperature (and is salt water so be ready the first time you jump in!). The second pool is closer to the beach and I didn't see a single person in it for the entire week we were there. It was unheated and in an extremely windy part of the resort (it was always more windy there than anywhere else, I can't explain it). There is no hot tub on the premises which was a little bit of a bummer.

The beach is also a great part of this resort. A quick walk down and you have a small private area on the beach. We chose to walk a little further down the beach to the Sheraton because they have chairs set up that you can use for free. The location of the hotel in general is pretty good. You are walking distance from many good restaurants, a casino, and the grocery store. It's not too far from Nassau, but far enough that you are a little bit away from the busy city.

Now the negatives: the hotel goes to bed early. The onsite bar was closed by 10 every night. No one was out and about in the pool area. For people with kids who are trying to go to bed early this may be a positive, but we always like to stay up a little bit later when we are on vacation. We found ourselves going into the city more often than not. Inside the rooms, I did not find the beds comfortable. They were a bit stiff and I found myself waking up a lot. The only other negative I really have which I mentioned earlier was no hut tub. They have two pools, one of which isn't used, so I would think they could find a way to get a hot tub in there.

Overall, the resort was very nice and I would highly recommend it to families with smaller children. For couples, it is still very nice, but if you are looking for a little more night action, you may want to look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Aim for the group of condos closer to the street. Much less wind so you can enjoy yourself on your balcony better.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Jonnylister
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This place was really great. In a great location and very clean. We were only 3 units from thebeach. The weather could have been better, but other than that we had a fantastic time. I will saythat things in Nassau like groceries and beer wereway more than I expected,but it didn't ruin my vacation.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank vtoria98
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We stayed here for a week Spring of 2011 and got 2 ocean-view apartments. My parents, my sister and her husband and 6-year-old all stayed in one; we stayed in another with our 2-year-old.

We arrived early and the cleaning crew had not yet gotten to our place, so we hung by the cafe/bar and pool. We were able to dig out suits and towels and use the spacious bathrooms to change and go for a dip. We did have to ask regularly if the space was ready, and no one came out to tell us when it was, but in fairness we arrived well before check-in time.

The apartments are plenty spacious for a small family, with a well-equipped kitchen and a nice TV. The sliding bedroom doors didn't block out much noise, so we had to tip-toe around once our son was asleep. We had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, which was nice. The bathrooms were in decent shape for this type of vacation property- not great, but I've seen worse. There was a nice outdoor patio and the view was great.

I recommend renting a water cooler or at least getting the big multi-gallon containers of water from the front desk. The tap water there is potable, I believe, but not great or recommended. The other unit's cooler broke mid-week and leaked all over, but the staff quickly came and fixed it.

There were plenty of towels and you could exchange them in the laundry on several designated days each week. I was glad we brought out own beach towels, though. You could buy tokens and soap for the laundry and do laundry at any timel; the machines worked well.

On our side of WW II, the property adjoins a public beach, so on 1 or 2 nights there were some racous parties going on. There is a serious wall between the properties and security regularly makes the rounds, which was reassuring yet seemed to indicate there may be some petty crime from time to time. We didn't experience any problems however.

The grill/bar has modest hours and it's not really a place to come for spring break and party it up. Try the big international Sheraton next door for that. The food at WW II was standard grill food and breakfast especially was modest offerings, but nothing was bad. We tended to eat breakfast in the unit, anyway.
Bar offerings were also modest, but the beers were good and cold.
The grill staff were moderately friendly; I believe in the Bahamas in general, service is pretty so-so, and occassionally rude. Everyone was accomodating with our son though, which was nice. (The Sheraton next door has a few poolside grills itself, and a swim-up bar, and everything stays open later. The restaurants inside are so-so and expensive, though.)

The beach itself was small but suitable for building a few sand castles and starting off on a snorkel. Not great snorkeling or reef life there, though. There are assorted beach toys you can sign out from the office- we didn't realize the policy though so by the time we wanted a blow-up raft and a shovel and bucket, other families with kids had already taken everything!
The pools were nice and clean but only the bigger pool was warmed. Children require close supervision due to pool depth. A better bet for kids was the assortment of pools next door at the Sheraton- you could easily wander in and use their chairs, pools, and bathrooms with no questions asked.

WW II is a little far from downtown Nassau, but that was one of its draws, for us. You can see dozens of cruise ships coming in and out of Nassau all day long. We did rent a vehicle so that made grocery shopping and restaurant hopping easier. I strongly recommend to check out what more the island has to offer.

Overall a great place to stay if you're there for a family trip.

Room Tip: Call them up and negotiate a lower price on an ocean-view unit. Sometimes you can wait until you're closer to the booking date and they'll upgrade you.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family