“Very very average.”

Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
London, United Kingdom
“Very very average.”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We spent our last night in Nassau there. The bedrooms are only ok for one night as you'd better keep your eyes closed while in them. The bathroom had hairs stuck on the wall (not ours !), the carpets stained, some hairs in the bed as well and I suspect there might have been some bugs as well as I couldn't stop scratching myself until I put some repellent. The breakfast is very poor, you can have toasts or cakes (five kinds), two types of cereals which are so unsuccessful that they are remaining stuck in their containers, hardly any dairies or fruits. Super unhealthy but filling if you want to go there.
The ladies at the reception were helpful and nice though, it's not all bad. The location is very nice too, but not the view from all the rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Celine_F3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I had a great time staying at this place. The best part about the hotel is the bartender Norman. He is a straight up honest guy that will let you know whats up. He helped me pick the best day trips to do and pretty much helped me with everything. Make sure you spend some time at the bar chatting with him. The hotel was clean, safe, and all the staff was very friendly and nice. The hotel is in a great spot. Across the street from a nice beach, close to the fish fry and close to the city center. The breakfast is nothing special but more than enough and i filled up every morning. I found some of the reviews of this place to be a little harsh and not very accurate. I would gladly come back and stay at this place. The only bad thing about the hotel is the price for using the internet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Machalski18
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We booked our reservation at the Nassau Palm through a 3rd party site. When we got to the desk, they told us they couldn't find our reservations. Ironically, they told the guy next to us, the same exact thing. They asked for our card number to "hold" in case they couldn't find it after we left. 2 weeks later we were charged by Nassau Palm and Irene (at the front desk) was EXTREMELY rude. They waited to charge our card, hoping we wouldn't notice! The hotel blamed the 3rd party site by saying they didn't send the documentation, when in actuality, it's the hotels responsibility to get this. THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS!! Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not chose any room here, other wise you will be charged twice.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Traveler1851

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Milton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have traveled within the USA, Carribean and Europe. I have stayed at expensive hotels and low price hotels. However, this last trip left such bitter feelings towards travel agents and this hotel. Our daughter was celebrating her 16th birthday and wanted to travel to Bahamas. The travel agent reassured us that Nassau Palm Hotel in Bahamas was nice. That should have been the first clue "nice". "The hotel is a dump" But the surprise of a lifetime was when I took off the comforter and found blood on the sheets. That was the end. I had to spend 2,000 to stay at Sheraton which was nice and clean. I wouldn't stay in this hotel for free.

Room Tip: There is nothing good about this place. It's terrible.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Maria A
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I made reservations for this hotel and when i arrived and saw the place, I was surpised that they were still in business. How could anyone possibly stay here. Soon as I walked in, I noticed the dirty smears on the wall. I looked at the pool and the water was dirty. I asked to see the rooms while they were searching for my reservation. The rooms were unclean. The small refridgerator had dried food particles stuck to it, the bed coverings and walls were dirty and bugs were present. It's looked like a cheap hooker motel. I was so glad they couldn't find my reservation. I got out of there with a quickness. It was dirty and gross. Shame on whoever owns and runs this place, it's a dump. My advice, don't even think about staying there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank WorldTraveler H
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The hotel was in a great location walking distance to downtown shopping,across the street from the beach great views from your room complimentary breakfast and a great concierge. After reading all the reviews I figured to make my own judgement. For the price it was amazing vacation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jwilliams30
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The hotel room we got was totally different than described on the website. My room was supposed to be deluxe room, water view with balcony. It was water view... Yes.... But through a small window. It had balcony.... Yes but it was only 9" in depth, no one would be able to stand on it. Besides that the hotel bldg looked super rundowm and dirty, had no hot water. And the area in general looked super shady.however it is conviniently close to beach and straw market. So lastly my advise is stay in this hotel only if you are really on a tight budget.

• Stayed November 2011