“Best diving and very large rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach

Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Chicago
“Best diving and very large rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My famly and I just got back from Spring Break which we take every year together (although I've graduated years ago). Nassau has some of the best diving and Stuart's Cove was the best shop!! We arrived to Blue Water and checked into our three bedroom villa. This was our 2nd time here and I'm glad to see they re-did some property issues. The pool looked new, new paint, new roofs being done. The rooms seemed the same and they are huge townhome styled. I love having my own bedroom and bathroom while still sharing the breakfast table and full kitchen with my parents. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They also added some kareokee nights to the tiki bar and we were able to catch that one night. Hysterical! I would recommend this place to families that can't or just don't want to spend so much at the larger fancier ones. It's a good deal and they had free internet so I could chat with my friends too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Jackson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I picked the Blue Water Resort for one reason only, price. I was impressed with the cleanliness, but maintenance needs a little work. The pool area is nice with plenty of chairs available for lounging. The staff all seemed very friendly and helped whenever we had a question. Look folks, it is not the Atlantis and does not try to be. You will receive a good value at this property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank gfox3
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I am suprised to see the other reviews written on this resort. I am wondering if we actually stayed at the same place. First of all, this is not a hotel by any stretch. My family and I stayed here for our vaction and had a fantatic time. My daughter and two granddaughters.The villas are hugh; a family of 10 can stay for as big as they are! Everything was neat and clean. The patios are a good size to have your family grill out for dinner with some privacy. Yes they are under construction, the office does tell you that and asks that their mess and possible noise be excused. We were never bothered by this. I myself never saw any dangerous areas. The Tiki bar was open and had great service, it's not a 5 star rest., but good food and good atmosphere and very friendly service. The pools was open and clean, its located right near their private beach which was beautiful. My granddaughters loved being in the pool and entertained by the staff at the tiki bar. I loved the location as we were close to everything we wanted from shopping to a bus ride. Claudine and her office staff were more than occommodating to our needs! I will certainly be back for another vacation!

Room Tip: All of the villas are like staying in a townhome not a hotel room. The only tough choice you will ha...
4 Thank niecy69
chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

At least one other reviewer on this site must have been one of the other poor families unfortunate enough to choose Blue Water for their Christmas vacation. We spent a few days before and most of the week after Christmas in one of the ocean view villas. We, too, had to dodge the rusty nails and debris from the nonstop roofing around the swimming pool--some of the debris was actually in the pool on our last two days there. I couldn't allow the kids near the pool these days and I spent a half hour on Christmas morning picking up the old and new nails all around the tiki bar and on the pool deck before I could let the kids run around and go swimming.

Before we arrived, we should have been suspicious. We phoned the office about a day and a half before our arrival and they had no knowledge we were coming. We sent a copy of the reservation but when we arrived, we were stuck in a 'garden' condo that can only be described as depressing. The office was closed, so we had to wait until the next afternoon to be moved into the villa we had paid for.
What can I say about this place? Dreary, depressing, constant sounds of construction. The beds were so uncomfortable that three of us had to put the mattresses on the floor to get a decent night's sleep. Sadly, this led to actually seeing what the naked bedding looked like. Cheap stained mattresses and box springs that were falling apart. yuck. And since the hammering began before 8am, it wasn't much of a good vacation-night's sleep anyway.

The only good things I can say about the Blue Water are that the villa itself was very clean and the people who work at Blue Water are extremely friendly. The beach is a small but private location and there were few people around, so it wasn't at all crowded. But this is a very expensive 'hotel'--watch out for the unexpected taxes and fees, which, for an 8 night stay, amounted to over $500. Our money would have been much better spent at a brand-name hotel or a private home.
After complaining about the construction, we were given one free night. Not much compensation for the construction noise and hazards that, if we weren't kind of relentlessly cheerful by nature, would have ruined this trip.

Room Tip: Garden condos are much smaller but also less expensive. The renovated ocean view villas are nice en...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank drsh99

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I booked this trip and resort (use the word resort loosely) from Groupon because it seemed like a really good deal. The groupon rep. was very helpful and prompt in answering any questions I had. Unfortunately they are based out of Florida and can do NOTHING for you once you are in the Bahamas.

After reading many reviews we kind of knew what we were in for and prepared accordingly....or so I thought.

NO internet for the first 6 days unless you stood at the end of the walk or used it out by the pool. After several office visits and one email to Blue Waters Resorts rep. internet came on in spurts.

Pool was not heated until our 4th day there. Why??? Off season, not worthy? Your guess is as good as mine.

No ice or drinking water...if you wanted it you had to pay for it. Then it takes a day or two to get it.
Hot water was not hot for long...we fixed this once we found out the hot water heater was turned way down.
Construction everywhere...
Da Sand Bar Snack Hut...what a joke, how they stay in business when they are never open is beyond me. Never have anything on the menu and if you want the lunch special of the day you better get there before the work crews do!!!
Nice sand beach...yeah only if the water wasn't coming in and covering it up to the wall. To actually lay on a beach you have to use one of the other hotels and pay for it or go to a public beach down the road.

Love the Bahamas! Been 4 times now and lesson learned. Go alll inclusive, you may pay a bit more but you know what your getting!

2 Thank Andrea T
Minot, ND, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We just spent a week there and we were very, very dissatisfied when checking in. I even called RCI to find us another resort that was ADA; but with no luck on Nassaue Island. We could have gone over to the Grand Island, but it would have been our responsibility to get there & to be able to change flights. What a hassle! We chose to stay & deal with it. NEVER AGAIN!!

1) When making the reservation through RCI I was told to contact the resort about disability acessibility. I had e-mailed the resort asking this and had a response of yes they can accommodate. WELL, accommodations, I guess is to bring a twin bed from one of the upstairs bedroom & put in the living room. NO shower/tub on main floor so husband had to just wash up every day!!

2) I was told that we were to have an Oceanfront Villa & low & behold we did not. We got a Garden Villa & they wouldn't change it to Ocean Villa as I did not bring my email stating this..By the way.......the Internet was down & so was WI-FI; how convenient was that!

3) The glass sliding door to the patio was so warped that it was hard to open & close.

4) We had to BUY our drinking water!

5) The Bar/Grill............was always closed upon our return to the resort in the evening. Apparently run individually now & the owner closes whenever she/he wants, not catering to the guest of the resort.

The people were very friendly & nice, but the overall resort sucked. For the money we pay for up keep and maintenance I expected alot more. And then we had to pay additional 163.00 for maid/what ever service & NOT ONCE did they show up to clean or even ask if we needed anything. I had to go to office & get toilet paper & papertowels!

We were in villa 21............the patio off the living room is all walled in & when you went outside there was wire fencing that was crappy looking and the next lot was totally dirty & empty.

We were told that the empty lot next door (3 years ago) had been purchased & construction of new buildings were to go up. NOTHING! In 2030, maybe??

We had a very good time in Nassau, but spent most of the time away from the resort. Very few amenities, shops, or places to select from to eat within walking distance.

Places to experience: Stuart's Cove, Blue Lagoon, Senior' Frogs, Fish Fry, ferry ride & horse drawn carriage ride.

Our first experience three years ago was totally different. We were totally solded on the place; fools we were taken. Mr & Mrs Randall Smith - Minot, ND

4 Thank Janice S
Haverhill, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Older 50 unit complex of units directly on the water. We had a three story townhouse with 2 1/2 baths; older furniture; property is in process of a big renovation. Walking distance to Starbucks.
Bus comes by Route 10 to downtown for 1.25.

Room Tip: depends on size of group; many rooms have no view of ocean.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Admiralkittlemeyer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
8.4 km away
0.5 km away
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
1.5 km away
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Been to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach? Share your experiences!