Review Highlights
Great dive sites and friendly operators, but some information misleading

We dove with Bahama Divers 2 days (4 tanks) off Nassau. The first day we dove a couple wrecks that... read more

Reviewed October 10, 2018
Jake M
Average diving, nothing exceptional

The blue hole dive overall was great. Initially it was just a dark hole with no sea life but at the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Caitlin B
Denver, Colorado
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Nassau
from US$50.00
from US$68.00
from US$119.00
from US$165.76
More Info
All reviews dive master dive shop blue hole barracuda reef dive boat between dives diving experience surface interval experienced divers great dive trinity caves open water certification two tank these guys stuart coves rental gear lion fish
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My husband and I wanted to both go on an excursion. He doesn't dive and I do, and Bahama Divers offered a trip that included both snorkelers and divers on the same boat. Good in theory, but horrible in practice. This was a most uncomfortable experience.

First of all, I made it clear when I communicated with everyone that I did not have a built in buddy and asked if this would be a problem pairing me up with someone. I was told a definite not a problem, at the very least I would have to be paired with the dive master, but someone would be my buddy. WRONG!!!

There was a class of 2-3 teens doing their final check out dives, so they were escorted by a teacher. They all got geared up, and they jumped in, and I was ready to go, and asked where my buddy was, I was then told to "just tag along with the class, you're on your own, but the reef is that way". Ummm OK I guess. I don't think anyone bothered to tell the instructor I was a tag along, because, by the time I got in and down, there was no one around. They were all gone.

At this point I realized I was only in 8-10 feet of water and the reef was close and plenty of fish. I made the conscious decision to proceed on my own. The water was so shallow, my logic was that I could ditch my gear and pop to the surface if need be. My local pool is deeper. But I really made sure to stay near the boat and not venture too far from the edge of the reef, I didn't want to get lost or end up in an unfamiliar current.

I did have a decent dive even though the depth was never over 11 feet, I saw lots of fish and basically conducted my own unsupervised refresher dive. But it would have been much better if I could have gone a little deeper, and been just a teeny bit more relaxed without all the worry about venturing too far from the boat. But I chose to continue, so that's on me.

The whole company was pretty much unfriendly and brisk. None of the workers seemed to be having a good time. I got the feeling everyone was going through the motions and didn't really care if they ever saw any of these customers again or not.

I've been treated much better other places.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Nelly55430
Reviewed March 21, 2018

I signed up for the snorkeling, and overall it was a good experience. It was a perfect day, we saw some fish, corals, and a sea turtle. I recall seeing more sea life on another snorkeling tour elsewhere, but I know that can all be dependent on the day, so I don't fault the company for that. The thing that was kind of annoying was we ended up waiting for one guy to join the boat (not sure of the exact time but it was at least 45 minutes waiting for one foreign dude). I told everyone to clap when the guy finally made his way on the boat, you could tell he was embarrassed, so that was cool at least. I really liked the captain, he had a sassy attitude like myself, so we got along well. I asked him if I could drive and he actually let me steer the boat for a bit and we had a good chat while "I was driving". I'm not sure if all of the staff really felt like being there, but maybe they were having an "off day" because... some of them seemed kind of crabby. HOWEVER, overall, it was a nice experience, I enjoyed it!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

So I came to the Bahamas for the first time with two goals: 1) to get my husband PADI certified and 2) get myself back into diving, since I hadn’t been in a while because I recently had a baby. Bahama Divers was great at communicating via email in the months leading up to our trip.
Day 1: my husband was in the pool and I went out in the am with other divers. Not sure what it was, but I started psyching myself out about diving again. One of the older dive masters told me I needed to calm down and stop dragging on my air, but at the moment, I really couldn’t. I was going to get out of the water and not even dive, and that’s when Vardo jumped in and totally saved my dive. He was so patient and helped me calm down and took the time to get me under the water. He took it upon himself to make sure I was confident under the water and that I could enjoy the dive. I was so grateful for him. He is the perfect dive master because he is friendly and patient. He is clearly very comfortable under the water too, which in turn, made me feel more comfortable.
We went diving again the next day, and I felt a lot better and more confident. Vardo checked in on my a few times, making sure I felt confident in my dives. Seriously, this dive company is lucky to have him. My husband worked with Terrance on his second day and he was great too! We’d like to wish him the best of luck on his wedding day! Thanks so much Vardo and Terrance!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed March 12, 2018

We had a great experience with this company. The dive boat was very nice with a small group. They were very informative and particularly attentive to the newer divers in our group. We very much enjoyed our dives and service.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank divertravels
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

They were not bad, however they seemed to want to rush through the dives. The dive masters did not take the time to explain what we would be seeing during the dive, nor did they offer any specific tips or instructions. There were no snacks offered between dives. Overall, it felt like they just wanted to get the dives done and over with. Stuart’s Cove did a much better job - their dive masters actually seemed interested in making it an enjoyable experience for the divers.

Date of experience: March 2018