“Should be named Bahamas Snorkelers”
Review of Bahama Divers

Bahama Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Just steps away from the Paradise Island bridge, Bahama Divers is Nassau's #1 Dive Store and Tour Operator. With over 40 years in the business, Bahama Divers has something for everyone. Whether it be Snorkeling, Diving, or Beaching, Bahama Divers does it all. Take the entire family out for a half day snorkeling or diving trip! Not SCUBA Certified? No Problem! Try the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course and take the plunge that afternoon. Already certified and looking for your next awesome dive? Check out our more advanced sites for certified divers like, "The Lost Blue Hole" or "The Shipyard." Ready to enhance your diving skills? Our trained PADI Dive Staff will help take you to the next level. With the largest full service retail dive store in the Bahamas, Bahama Divers have everything you need and more to explore the underwater world of wonder in The Bahamas!Bahama Divers will not only guarantee an unforgettable experience, but an experience that will make you want to come back for more. At Bahama Divers we take pride in sharing our beautiful marine life with our guests and want to make sure that everyone feels right at home. Our friendly team will greet and treat you from start to finish, not only making your time with us fun, but safe and reliable as well.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Very nice crew overall and they did their best, no issue there. But if you are at all a serious diver then this may not be the shop for you. We were two certified divers out of a boat of around 18 people, all snorkelers. The two just don't mix in my opinion. Perhaps if you are a cruise ship passenger or a novice this works for you, it didn't for us. Our max depth was 9 feet for a PM dive at a site that was lousy with snorkelers and even worse, snuba people. As experienced divers this was our worst dive experience based on the dive site and the group on the boat. It may work for you however, if you don't know any better.

2  Thank SAMtorontoON
in 9 reviews
"marine life"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018

My husband and I wanted to both go on an excursion. He doesn't dive and I do, and Bahama Divers offered a trip that included both snorkelers and divers on the same boat. Good in theory, but horrible in practice. This was a most uncomfortable experience.

First of all, I made it clear when I communicated with everyone that I did not have a built in buddy and asked if this would be a problem pairing me up with someone. I was told a definite not a problem, at the very least I would have to be paired with the dive master, but someone would be my buddy. WRONG!!!

There was a class of 2-3 teens doing their final check out dives, so they were escorted by a teacher. They all got geared up, and they jumped in, and I was ready to go, and asked where my buddy was, I was then told to "just tag along with the class, you're on your own, but the reef is that way". Ummm OK I guess. I don't think anyone bothered to tell the instructor I was a tag along, because, by the time I got in and down, there was no one around. They were all gone.

At this point I realized I was only in 8-10 feet of water and the reef was close and plenty of fish. I made the conscious decision to proceed on my own. The water was so shallow, my logic was that I could ditch my gear and pop to the surface if need be. My local pool is deeper. But I really made sure to stay near the boat and not venture too far from the edge of the reef, I didn't want to get lost or end up in an unfamiliar current.

I did have a decent dive even though the depth was never over 11 feet, I saw lots of fish and basically conducted my own unsupervised refresher dive. But it would have been much better if I could have gone a little deeper, and been just a teeny bit more relaxed without all the worry about venturing too far from the boat. But I chose to continue, so that's on me.

The whole company was pretty much unfriendly and brisk. None of the workers seemed to be having a good time. I got the feeling everyone was going through the motions and didn't really care if they ever saw any of these customers again or not.

I've been treated much better other places.

1  Thank Nelly55430
Reviewed March 21, 2018

I signed up for the snorkeling, and overall it was a good experience. It was a perfect day, we saw some fish, corals, and a sea turtle. I recall seeing more sea life on another snorkeling tour elsewhere, but I know that can all be dependent on the day, so I don't fault the company for that. The thing that was kind of annoying was we ended up waiting for one guy to join the boat (not sure of the exact time but it was at least 45 minutes waiting for one foreign dude). I told everyone to clap when the guy finally made his way on the boat, you could tell he was embarrassed, so that was cool at least. I really liked the captain, he had a sassy attitude like myself, so we got along well. I asked him if I could drive and he actually let me steer the boat for a bit and we had a good chat while "I was driving". I'm not sure if all of the staff really felt like being there, but maybe they were having an "off day" because... some of them seemed kind of crabby. HOWEVER, overall, it was a nice experience, I enjoyed it!

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

So I came to the Bahamas for the first time with two goals: 1) to get my husband PADI certified and 2) get myself back into diving, since I hadn’t been in a while because I recently had a baby. Bahama Divers was great at communicating via email in the months leading up to our trip.
Day 1: my husband was in the pool and I went out in the am with other divers. Not sure what it was, but I started psyching myself out about diving again. One of the older dive masters told me I needed to calm down and stop dragging on my air, but at the moment, I really couldn’t. I was going to get out of the water and not even dive, and that’s when Vardo jumped in and totally saved my dive. He was so patient and helped me calm down and took the time to get me under the water. He took it upon himself to make sure I was confident under the water and that I could enjoy the dive. I was so grateful for him. He is the perfect dive master because he is friendly and patient. He is clearly very comfortable under the water too, which in turn, made me feel more comfortable.
We went diving again the next day, and I felt a lot better and more confident. Vardo checked in on my a few times, making sure I felt confident in my dives. Seriously, this dive company is lucky to have him. My husband worked with Terrance on his second day and he was great too! We’d like to wish him the best of luck on his wedding day! Thanks so much Vardo and Terrance!