This was my second time at a Sandals in one year. Having stayed at Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, I expected this Sandals to be on par with it, but it was about 1 star below it. we went as a group of 8 women, choosing a couples resort as they are quiet (no kids) and no Spring Break groups. It was very peaceful and spacious. One building was just opening when we arrived after construction, and although not filled, I found the resort quite full, especially in regards to beach/pool chairs and wait times for restaurants. We were only able to book 1 meal as all places were full.We did discover that the Crystal Room and Italian restaurant did not require reservations. There is a gorgeous island you can hop on the boat and go for the day with lovely beaches and restaurant. The beach is small, not great for beach walking, and the swimming area is small. There is always someone coming to ring you a drink. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Lovely afternoon tea served in the piano lounge and fabulous breakfast in the Baccarat room. Food was excellent all around. Resort is a good size for walking to an fro...easily manageable for those with limited mobility. We stayed in the older building which needs an update. Rooms were clean and spacious. Full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and aloe are provided. No robes. After Emerald Bay, I expected a down duvet and pillows and was disappointed in the bedspread and shams (pet peeve of mine, I like something that is laundered each time). Pillows were awful, but I requested two more and got lovely comfy feather/down pillows. Internet was bad for first two days and we had to go to the lobby for a connection. After that it was OK. 2 pools, one was a bit cold, other OK. Hot tub way too cool, especially since we had several days of cooler weather. Took a bus tour around the island with Vivian (ask at security desk) who showed us the real, non touristy deal. We had an issue one night with securing a table because we were 8 and were left until everyone else was seated or left, we spoke to the manager who assured us, we would not have an issue the next time. Next day, they had a table ready with everyone trying very hard to please us. Our waiter was a young fellow who obviously took Service seriously. His level of courtesy and service was exceptional. It was a birthday dinner and he made sure it was very special. Credit to Jakeel Smith in the Crystal room. He really knows fine dining service. Our housekeeper Anya was fabulous and kept up with our rather messy room. The Bahamian people are lovely. Proud and friendly and the ones on staff at the resort take their jobs very seriously. They are well educated with regards to tourism and deserve to be treated with respect. Over all. Food 4.5 Room 3 Staff 4.5 Resort/beach 4.
If I had to choose between Royal Bahamian and Emerald Bay Sandals, I would choose Emerald Bay. That was a notch up from this one. I think RB has the potential to raise the level a bit, sort out the little things and it could be on par with Emerald Bay. Emerald Bay was exceptional for the money. Royal Bahamian was very good value for the money. Sandals does a good job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau