6,916 results
All reviews market place black angus level guests tapas bar the mexican restaurant o grille level upgrade all inclusive plan level service all inclusive package adult pool lobby bar beautiful beach daiquiri shack cable beach aqua restaurant day pass
Reviewed July 14, 2018

This was a nice stay with a family with young adults. We enjoyed not having to worry about buying meals and drinks. The meals and drinks were nothing special, but for us, just fine. Reservations are needed at the restaurants (except Market Place) and need to be made the first day you get there. They do book up. They do provide towels for beach and pool, but it seems people save seats and are not in there seats. If this matters to you then you need to do the same. We didn't care and just used one chair to put all our stuff before going to the pool or beach. We sometimes found chairs for our family. It was nice to snorkel and kayak in the ocean. They also have these floating secured raft like objects to wade out to and hang out in. The place is very clean. They even sweep the sand off the pool decks. It is going under renovations, so there was some noise. The rooms are nicely renovated and spacious. It was nice to have drinks and snacks in the mini fridge. Though sometimes it wasn't refilled. You can take the boat from their pier to Balmoral. The island does have towels in the VIP section, that was nice. We were with Costco travel and were sent to the VIP section. That was nice, I've never been a VIP before! There was also air conditioned lunch room that was nice. We enjoyed the stingray activities. The nightlife is minimal, but we enjoyed it. It was fun to play basketball, ping pong, and connect four. Signing up for activities is necessary. I tried by web, but was unsuccessful. There was one activity called water aerobics, but there was no instructor, just the music. We just tried to figure it out by goofing off in the pool. The wet bar is fun with sports on their TV and well staffed for the crowd. We did sleep well. Though the hallway noise sometimes were an issue. There was an incident outside that was also disturbing by some other patrons. The staff were very nice and treated you like you were on vacation. Next door is a casino if you are looking for additional fun. All in all it was a lovely vacation with warm, beautiful water and sunny days. Good way to spend some family time.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Melia for my sister’s 40th birthday/15yr wedding anniversary. There wer 8 of us. The staff was amazing! The rooms were nice, but kind of odd. A huge bathtub next to the bed... but as an all-inclusive, it was a Great place for the price! Highly recommend for a budget/multi-couple retreat!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bstern1980
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This was our 2 nd time to stay here primarily because it is the only all inclusive that allows kids. The beach is this places best feature. They are updating but some of the property is run down. Food is ok. Try to get reservations at the restaurants over the buffet. Staff is ok but could be better.

Room Tip: Get pool or ocean view
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mktgoddess
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This hotel is VERY overpriced for what you get. The outside of the hotel is in disrepair and the inside has had some updating. The ranking of this hotel from various sources like Apple are not correct, they need to be lowered and proper expectations set.

The only pro for this hotel was the pool and beach area, those were nice. The hotel, service and food were terrible. I have never met such rude staff in my life and I have stayed at a lot of resorts in other Caribbean countries. The way the resort staff acted was unbelievable. They treated people like you were bothering them and didn't even try to be nice or helpful. Plus there seems to be some internal angst within the staff because we witnessed several staff members arguing with each other and in front of people. Its not a happy place that's for sure.

I'm not a foodie and that is not my top priority when staying at all inclusive resort. Therefore, when I say the food was poor, it is. It's like they don't try very hard or make an effort in the food they prepare. One of the restaurants you have to pay to eat at charged us $50 more than what our bill was and we tried to get that corrected but no one would talk or get back to us. Makes you wonder why, especially since this was charged after we approved the initial bill. Also if you want top shelf alcohol you either have to pay for it or be a Level guest, which makes no sense.

I heard a lot of people talk about how expensive this place is for what you get and that is true. Just be forewarned that this hotel is not all it is cracked up to be. We will never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmcolburn
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I booked a stay at this property while my son was booked at a neighboring property for his Sr trip. Melia was a typical all inclusive 3 star resort, comfortable and well managed in general.

The grounds were nicely maintained and the staff were always pleasant and helpful. There were a number of activities available for guests to enjoy that permitted family fun to occur without interfering with adult fun. I would say it’s primarily an adult property in general based on my stay, or perhaps it was just the timing of my stay that suggests this...?

Food was average at best. The dinner reservation booking policy was completely unreasonable in my opinion. No one wants to commit upon arrival where and what time they want to eat for the entire duration of their stay. This is what is expected of guests. All inclusive resorts should be able to accommodate all guests staying on property for meals without making them feel guilty for not making a prior reservation days in advance, especially when food and service are barely meeting the average standard. Honestly, The Market Place was the best option during my stay. The food was usually fresh, well prepared, and a table was always available without reservations.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple