Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Orbitz.comUS$495
eDreamsUS$495
Expedia.comUS$495
Hotels.comUS$495
TravelocityUS$495
Agoda.comUS$595
All reviews mahogany house lyford cay small hotel property offers appointed rooms hotel guests beautiful property pool area is view of the ocean asian restaurant room service the entire staff private beach shima gym bahamas island
Selected filters
Reviewed October 5, 2020

We had a relaxing and wonderful time at the Island House. The manager James and the staff were very accommodating and kind with a smile. So nice to have a view of the ocean, restaurants on premises, and relaxing by the pool with Bahama Mama's. We look forward to staying here again!

Room tip: The ocean view was worth it over the marina view! Bathtub was amazing with the ability to peak & see Bahamas blue waters.
Date of stay: October 2020
James Wyndham, General Manager at The Island House, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2020

Dear Jen, we appreciate you sharing such kind words with us. Breathtaking views and the exceptional service of our dedicated team truly make The Island House the perfect escape. We enjoyed your company throughout your stay, and await your return. Bahama Mama's will be flowing!

Reviewed September 29, 2020

The Island House is an absolutely wonderful place. Where to begin? The staff are simply excellent, some of the most courteous people we have ever met! James, the general
manager, was frequently checking on us and making sure we had everything we needed; he made us feel more like family than hotel guests. Shima, the Asian restaurant, was some of the best food we had ever had. The hotel is wonderfully apportioned and has lovely rooms and villas—all for extremely reasonable rates. The beaches are just a 5 min ride away in the hotel’s own version of a taxi—a Land Rover Defender (very cool touch). Avoid the hustle and “all inclusiveness” of Paradise Island and stay at the Island House. You won’t be disappointed!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank willpatterson27

Thank you Will for the glowing review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation and all the amazing amenities that The Island House has to offer. We welcome your return anytime :)

Reviewed September 25, 2020

“Staff really helpful.. good service.. c/in n c/out really fast.. Room was awesome. Breakfast was great. View was good. Bed was comfortable. Room had everything we needed.
we would love to come back soon!!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

We love your comments and thank you dearly for choosing our hotel. It was a pleasure and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 10, 2020

We stayed here ahead of the pandemic and we were very satisfied. Very conveniently located about 15 minutes from the airport. The best part of this hotel is the access to the Old Fort Bay Club private beach. I have stayed at the Ocean club several times and I think the beach at Old Fort Bay is much nicer. The restaurants at the island house are pricey but very good food. We also enjoyed the movie theatre on our stay. The pool at the island house is nice but I would recommend going to the beach as much as possible while staying there but just be sure to arrange the shuttle ahead of time and know the hours it runs in advance. We got stuck at old fort bay for a while after we were not told the shuttle stopped at 5pm, which was before sunset at the time.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank mikecX6917ST

Thank you Mike for taking a moment to review your recent stay at our resort. I am delighted you had such a pleasant holiday with us. We appreciate all feedback shared with us and will definitely share your comments with the team to improve in the areas needed. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2020 via mobile

Hotel: Rooms are beautifully designed, clean and spacious. Our view was of the Lyford Cay marina and we felt privacy was superb. Pool was good length and never felt overcrowded even though hotel was full. 5/5

Food: Perhaps the best food on the island we’ve had. The Thai menu was spot on (I’ve spent much time in Asia and I felt I was transported back every time I had a dish - well done chef!), perfected in creation and taste. Breakfast, lunch and dinner flawless not to mention the drinks. 5/5

Service: This is where I feel we were let down. Checking in the guy at reception was totally clueless of opening times for the restaurants and took 20 mins to perform a very basic task of locating the reservation and giving us the key.

Food service to the room was very quick but never consistent in items delivered. For example we often had side plates for main dishes and missing spoons and napkins. Staff would apologise and fix the mistake but next day same would occur.

At poolside staff would forget basic items requested (additional plate or glass etc)

Success in service is based on consistency and here I think improvements are needed. All it takes is for the staff to keep a small notebook on them and write what one asks and deliver without being reminded. Waiter delivering food should do second check on what guest ordered and check if he/she has the right items (I.e if soup ordered on the food order print out have I included a bowl? If there is a dessert is dessert spoon included?). Finally I didn’t find the staff particularly friendly (seldom did one say hello etc) 3/5

Overall I would highly recommend this place for a quite getaway, full of amazing food, delightful rooms and peace! I will definitely be coming back...I just hope the service is fine tuned.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ManiG001

Dear Mani, Thank you for taking a moment to review your visit to our resort. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel and food. I would like to apologize for where we fell down in terms of service as this is definitely not our standard. I will ensure to address your training concerns with the team. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the improvements we make in the future.