US$148
US$240
  • Pool
US$197
US$175
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
A Stone's Throw Away(Nassau)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$245
US$191
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

US$341
US$308
Arawak Inn(Nassau)
US$75
ApartStay(Nassau)
US$387
1,697 results
All reviewseast towerblue notecigar barsoft openingfountain showpoke bowlconch shacknoodle barcafe madeleinefountain viewsls hotelsports bookswimming pigsopen tablenurse sharksgrand openinggrowing pains
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I will start this review with what’s good because I think it’s important for readers to get a true glimpse of the hotel

Good:
1. Pools are amazing
2. Beach is fabulous (small and crowded but for the Bahamas any kind of beach is a bonus)
3. Rooms are new and clean

Bad:
1. Room service was awful = -1
2. Turndown service was nonexistent = 0
3. If you ordered room service it would take 2-3 hours to come and the order would be wrong = -1
4. To order room service or any type of service the phone would ring 30-40 times and if you were lucky someone would answer = -5
5. The hotel services are overwhelmed and not trained to handle such a big hotel. Plus they are opening 2 additional hotels in the same property which is going to drive services and response times even lower = -2
6. The property has 4-6 restaurants that are way way too small to handle all the people and are so over priced that you need 400-700 a night just to eat dinner = -10
7. Every restaurant was booked and if you did get a reservation you seriously better have the money to pay for it. = -2

Scores are to show you the stress level you will need to deal with to make it through this experience.

Ps:!i spoke to basically anyone and everyone to rectify the problem and nothing was done. Guest at the bar made jokes about how long they had to wait for drinks, food, room service and it was a joke after a few days on how long some request would take!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Acegun
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This stay was more frustrating and stressful than relaxing. 2 hour waits for lunch. Extremely expensive for low quality food. Towels ran out everyday by 10am. The casino had no idea how to deal or rate players correctly. I had to have them recount the cards 7 times cause they didn’t add them correctly. I can only imagine how many I missed. They have a lot of kinks to work out. Until then I will continue to visit the Atlantis.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
3  Thank Joedmb2112
Digital_Admin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. It is disappointing to hear your visit was not to our usual standard. We strive to offer our guests moments of more and an abundance of experiences, options and grand opportunities. Your feedback has been shared with our respective departments. We thank you again for sharing your experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t wait to get here. To start it took 5.5 hours to get into our room. The staff were very nice but just didn’t cut it. Our room was dirty hair on floor. Forget about eating in the restaurant s if you don’t reserve in advance. Takes 2 plus hours to get food by the pool. I get we are in the Bahamas but really. The people are fantastic here. The guests so rude. We like to travel a lot but we will never recommend or come back. I’d rather go back to Casa Marina in the keys. Thank you Muriel and Tito for trying to get things corrected for us. We are leaving a day early because we are so upset with this vacation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Fitzy241964

For the positives:

- The resort itself is absolutely beautiful. From the pools, landscaping to the hotel room and general interior.

- Most of the staff was very nice and accommodating.

- Food was decent - we thought our best meal was Cleo. We also loved cafe Madeline for breakfast and gelato. El Jeffe had great tacos.

- They have some nice complimentary activities for kids. We really enjoyed the sanctuary feeding and it was also nice to have access to kayaks and rafts at the beach. We tried out kids club one day for tennis which was nice. Although back at the club house it seemed all they did was play video games so we didn’t have our kids return.

-beds were very comfortable although sort of weird they don’t use flat sheets. Or at least we never had one. Just a fitted sheet and the down comforter.

For the negatives and areas I hope they seek to improve on:

- smoking!!!! For the first couple of days we thought you could only walk through the casino to get to the pool or beach (which to us was a major negative). I guess its fine that they allow smoking in there but put the casino off to the side so not everyone has to inhale second hand smoke every time they walk through. And I’m on a family vacation in the Bahamas, I don’t want to feel like I’m hungover and in Vegas every morning. Eventually we realized you could take the elevator to the 7th floor and walk outside, around the spa and down to the pool, bypassing the annoyance of seeing and smelling a casino 24-7 on a beach vacation. But the real problem was the smoking by the pools. We were there during spring break so I’m pretty sure it was at its capacity, but come on Hyatt designate some smoking areas or pools. There is nothing worse than spending a lot of money for vacation and inhaling smoke all day long as you sit in your lounge chair or play with your kids in the pool. We had two days of chain smokers sitting near us. And the chair situation is such that if we went to move to another area we wouldn’t be able to even find a chair. They must implement some kind of smoking policy. This is one reason why I’d never return.

- housekeeping. Needs work. We checked in and we had someone else’s pubs all over our bathroom floor and a few in the bathtub. They came to “clean” when we were gone and surprise the hairs were still there when we got back. I had to request again for our floors to be cleaned and sit there with them and point them out. Then one day our son accidentally broke a glass and we did the best job that we could do to clean it up but alerted housekeeping that they needed to sweep the rug to insure there weren’t any little pieces of glass trapped in the rug. And surprise when we came back there were still little pieces in the rug. Either their vacuums don’t work or they didn’t sweep it. We also had a problem with our bathroom smelling like sewer gas the last two days we were there. It was ridiculously strong in the morning. They came up to address it and it did go away but it returned again the next morning. We were checking out so we just let it go and sorry for the next person who had to deal with it. The other frustrating thing was there was no consistency with housekeeping. We were a family of 4. Some days they’d leave us 4 towels and some days they would leave us 2. This was particularly annoying when we’d start taking showers at night before dinner and realize there weren’t enough towels. We’d call... no one would answer. Finally on the 5th attempt someone did pick up and said they’d be up right away. Surprise! No towels. The only way we ever got proper service was by taking the 10 minute stroll to the front desk, waiting in the check in line and making our problems known. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful but we shouldn’t have to go to the front desk every time we needed something that should have already been provided.

- restaurants. While we did think most were good (Cleo, swimming pig, fi’lia, Cafe Madeline and el heffe), some are ridiculously priced for the food. Namely shuang ba. Our server there was awesome - I wish I could remember his name - his service made up for the annoyance of how ridiculous our bill was for just average food. There definitely needs to be more average priced dinner options. There are none. And if you try to leave to eat elsewhere you pay $20-$30 in cab fare each way! So you feel trapped. The drinks by the pool also need to be better for their price tag. I ordered a pina colada and I don’t know what kind of rum they poured in it, but it was gross. The next time I asked for them to use bicardi and my overpriced $15 pina colada suddenly became $20! Seriously? Food at drift bar was not good.

- Reservations. Thankfully I made most of our reservations on open table ahead of time. But we had two nights where we had none. And guess what? You can’t eat anywhere except the $54 I don’t want to gorge myself buffet or stix noodle bar. Cleo did let us do carry out and we ate on the SLS patio. So much more relaxing/no second hand smoke over there. Love their lobby too - you can hang out and relax and you’re not in a casino!

- lounge chairs. It worked out for us because we are early risers but you had to be out there by 6:30-7 to get a lounge chair by the pool. I think they could use another pool to be honest so the pools don’t feel so crowded.

- Beach. Is just all right. A little small.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The customer service is very lack luster. Started out with no wash cloths for 2.5 days. I had asked on 5 different occasions for them and finally when I offered front desk 100.00 I received some. I wasn't required to pay the 100.00 but I asked her if that is what it will take to get them. After we finally received one the housekeeper took it when she cleaned and didn't leave another. I had to go back and try to get more which was again quite a task. I ended up hiding one in drawer to ensure I had one to last throughout the trip. They advertise robes in the room and of course we didn't have those either. Then the toiletries they advertise ...you guessed it...NONE. We had to ask for those. Each time I called they made me feel like they were doing me a favor by giving the items to me.
Then the first morning we order room service, it was well over an hour getting there when they quoted 30min at the time of order. When it arrived I thought they had brought the wrong tray because the order was completely wrong. I refused to sign the ticket and the guy said he would have management take care of it. They never did and we ended up getting charged for it at full price. The next morning we went out to breakfast at the Palms, an onsite restaurant. We were there for over 2 hours for breakfast, with none of that wait time for seating. The couple next to us said they had been there 13 days from Canada. They were in and out in less than 2 hours and said the best service was that morning in only 1 hour in 45 min...they said even before the busy holiday arrivals service was always at least 2 hours per meal. They said its customer services has been awful for them for 13 days. Later in the day we went to the Cigar Bar. Another family said they were checking out the next day and it couldn't get here soon enough. Across the bar I saw a lady try to stop 2 servers to place an order and they acted like she wasn't even there when it was obvious they were just ignoring her. By now, housekeeping has been coming in each day...taking towels, wash cloths, not replacing ...not replacing the coffee pods daily like they are supposed to do so I'm having to call and request more...once again they are doing me a favor by bringing it. The housekeeper spilled coffee on our bath rug, guess what... she left the dirty rug there for the remainder of our stay. The restaurants that we finally would get food from...the food was good. But any meal was a minimum of 2 hours...breakfast, lunch...we never had dinner there... they said there was no available reservations our entire trip for dinner. Most people we spoke to said they couldn't get reservations either. The tables at dinner when walking by would be empty so my guess is they just didn't have the staff to book the reservations and service the people.
We ended up paying 27.00 one way to go to the Atlantis every afternoon. We spent most of our days/evenings there. It was very crowded being a holiday weekend but we still managed to get great service, dining reservations and could have a meal in less than a hour... We have stayed at the Atlantis in our past visits to the island and wished we had stayed there again this visit. The grounds at BaHa Mar are beautiful. There are only 2 to 3 stores open. They advertise Boutique shopping with some larger designer names but the stores are under construction and appears to be put on hold.
I did try the ESPA spa at Baha Mar... I booked a facial and the young man that did the facial was friendly but very inexperienced. I wonder if I was his first facial?
Each taxi ride, each private driver we had ... they all said they are constantly picking up guest at Baha Mar and moving them over to the Atlantis. I can see that. We had done a prepaid rate or we would have moved. It was so bad I was almost ready to count the loss and move anyway. Most drivers said they feel Bahar Mar is hiring everyone straight out of school and they lack experience and customer service values. That made sense to me so I started looking around and really most employee at Baha Mar didn't looked much older than 28 years old. BaHa Mar was such a disappointment to me and most of the other guest we spoke with. It is so sad to hear this for such a beautiful property. I read a few positive reviews online before we left. Some people even gave it 5 stars so I am still a little perplexed about it all. This review is solely based on our experience and conversations of others around us. Maybe it will improve with time, training and maturity.

Stayed: March 2018