2 people have started booking this hotel
travelup.comUS$473
Expedia.comUS$284
Hotels.comUS$284
4,505 results
All reviews baha mar east tower fountain view cafe madeleine cigar bar food truck beautiful resort sports book vat tax sls hotel nurse sharks balmoral island carnita food and drinks family vacation paddle boards liquor store
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2020

We recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for my wife's birthday and it was great! I was a bit skeptical about the resort since I had read a handful of negative reviews prior to going. However, everything turned out great for us. I made my reservations for dinner about 1-2 months in advance through the Open Table app and that helped. We ate at Filia, Cleo, and Katsuya and did not have anything bad to say about either of them! The servers were very friendly. As far as price, it's on par with Vegas or Hawaii so I wasn't shocked by it. Instead of looking for negative things about the hotel, you should really enjoy the beauty this place has to offer!

The property is beautiful and has nice pools, an aquarium, and a nice beach. This place has something for everyone! However, it is located about 15 minutes from downtown Nassau so you will need to take a cab or bus.

Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank dabautista
G U, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2020

Dear dabautista,

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wife's birthday. We enjoyed reading your review and learning about the highlights of your stay. We are glad you had a culinary journey during your visit to Grand Hyatt Baha Mar and enjoyed a multitude of delicious dining options as well as authentic Bahamian service. We also appreciate all the wonderful comments about the many amenities we offer. Thank you for leaving such a generous review, and we look forward to accommodating you both again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2020

This hotel is amazing!! Something for everyone. We visited during our Spring Break with 2 kids, 10 & 15. Plenty of restaurant choices and delicious food. We reserved a pool side cabana for two days and had great service. Enjoyed having a shady spot and server. Finding a pool chair was not an issue while we were there. We enjoyed the casino...it's huge and you'll feel like you're in the Wynn in Vegas. The hotel staff was great and there were a few misc charges on our bill that we did not make. No issue at all, they were immediately removed. This is a cashless hotel so you put all of the charges on your room or use your wristband. There are two Starbucks in the lobby. Beach food trucks have delicious food, especially the burger truck. My husband and I enjoyed all of the little bars to have a drink in the evening. We took the hotel boat over to their private island. I would skip this....it's $25 a person and the restaurant/bar over there are not well stocked. Bottom line...it's a GREAT resort. Can't wait to go back. We brought a bunch of snacks and that was a good idea. Yes, it's expensive but you are not staying at the Holiday Inn so don't expect Holiday Inn prices. I get annoyed reading all of these reviews where people complain about prices. You get what you pay for.

Room tip: We paid for ocean view and were in the East tower....it was kind of set off to the side so not exactly ocean view.
3  Thank Laura Y
G U, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2020

Dear Laura Y,

It is wonderful to read your comments about your experience at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar! I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and you and your family had a fabulous Spring break with us. I appreciate your feedback about the resort features, restaurants, and our amazing staff. We are proud of our team of colleagues who have a mission of delivering exceptional experiences that families will cherish for years to come. I will certainly share your kind remarks with my team. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you all again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2020

My family and I were looking for a quick and convenient stay prior to a cruise back in February and thought the Hyatt Baha Mar would be the perfect place for us and our 3 & 4 year-old daughters. We don't regret it.

The property is expansive, immaculate (rooms, to public spaces, to pool area) with a great gym, endless pool options where finding a chair was never too difficult, lots of quality food options (although expensive), but all topped off with some of the friendliest and service-oriented staff in the industry. I liken it to a Wynn Hotel on a great stretch of beach.

There was enough variety to keep our girls entertained, and although never busy, the new kids club is expansive with lots of options which is also open at night. It was a helpful option to allow us to have a night out for the 2 of us and our girls were happy having projects to do. We got time to have a more relaxed dinner on our own which we find important on a vacation. Like the food, the program is also expensive.

A few areas of opportunity center around a faster check-in process, a few more reasonably-priced food options - $28 for a small pizza (prices were just increased) moves into the “ridiculous” camp, and then just friendlier staff for the host/reception stands at the restaurants (a few unhappy exceptions). Overall the rest of the hotel staff were there to please.

Thanks to the staff for a great time away.

Date of stay: February 2020
G U, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2020

Dear brysal,

On behalf of the entire team here at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, thank you for your nice feedback about your pre-cruise stay. It was a pleasure to read you and your family had a great time with us and enjoyed our well-maintained accommodations and the activities we have to offer, especially the Kid’s Club which entertained your children. We also appreciate your additional comments as we continually focus on advancing our guest experience. Thank you for being our guest, and we would be delighted to welcome you all back soon on your next trip to the Bahamas.

Reviewed March 22, 2020

Visited with my girlfriend for the second time this March since we loved it so much last June ‘19. The restaurants at Grand Hyatt are delicious and the grounds are beautiful. Awesome casino, amazing high-end shops, and cool variety of pools. Very little I didn’t like about Grand Hyatt. Check out the SkyBar for rooftop drinks or JazzBar for live music.

One thing to be cautious of, the third-party companies working the beaches for excursions. Anyone with a blue “Fun! Excursions” shirt is not trustworthy and I would recommend against going with them, just go through the resort. We booked an excursion and had to cancel due to weather and were told we would get our deposit refunded. We spent an entire day being told “come back in two hours” for the refund every two hours only to come back the final time and they were all gone. Over the phone the guy told me “I’m close” and “I’ll meet you in 10 minutes” only to no-show. Not worth it, just go through Baha Mar concierge even though it’s more expensive. You get what you pay for!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlipTrav3ls

Dear FlipTrav3ls,

We want to thank you and your girlfriend for returning to Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. It is lovely to know how much you enjoyed all that we offer at our hotel. It is a pleasure to offer our guests an authentic Bahamian service. With our approachable surroundings, we invite you to escape with our pools, water sports, tennis facilities, and our unique wildlife sanctuary. Thank you again for leaving such a generous review, and we look forward to accommodating you both again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2020

Beautiful sunrises, sultry nights, professional jazz music in the air, excitement at the slot machines, and tranquility when your head hits the pillow. Seven swimming pool areas that distinguished features and horticultural garnishing fit for Kings and Queens. I returned home and shared my pictures with family and friends, and a group of us will be going back in July. The cultural history is wonderful and promotes a sense of pride and joy. It is expensive. However, the quality of the items and experiences are worthwhile. The food is delectable and prepared to your liking. I fully endorse this resort without reservation. #ItsWonderful

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear DrTLMitchell,

Thank you for sharing about your stay at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. We appreciate the flattering remarks and are glad you enjoyed your vacation with us. We love providing a seamless travel experience with our outstanding location, service, and amenities. Thank you for recommending us, and we look forward to your next visit!