40 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hyatt.comUS$284
Hotels.comUS$285
Booking.comUS$284
eDreamsUS$284
Orbitz.comUS$285
TravelocityUS$285
4,566 results
All reviews baha mar east tower fountain view cafe madeleine cigar bar food truck sports book beautiful resort vat tax sls hotel nurse sharks carnita balmoral island food and drinks family vacation paddle boards liquor store
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2020

Me and my wife love to play in the casino and this was our 2nd new years trip here. Our casino host Keith Miller invited us down (comped) to enjoy new years with the family. As in the passed and at every other casino we had ever played at we get comps based on play. It was sad when at checkout I had received a hefty bill for items I was told would be comped and were not (dinners, Drinks ect) , especially when we were comped the prior year. Keith Miller is a joke for a host and clearly has no idea how or what he is doing. He told me there was nothing he could do, after he stated just charge it to the room and I will take care of it. Needless to say my wife and I dropped (Lossed) about $20K. Had I known things would not have been comped we would have played less and stayed for a shorter period of time. It took me so long to write this review because I thought they would make good and they did not. I will take my business to Atlantis where they treat us much better. Again don't Gamble here

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank RL11747
Gerald Ursulet, Other at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2020

Dear RL11747,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community and most importantly, for bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear of your experience and regret to learn of the confusion with the Casino. I understand that since your review, the Casino management has made contact with you and hopefully helped clarify your concerns.

Despite this unfortunate experience, I sincerely hope you will have another opportunity to come and visit us.
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels take you next to beautiful Bahamas.
Thank you.

Reviewed June 18, 2020

I stayed there in mid February 2020 with my son, daughter-in-law and 8 year old granddaughter. The grounds are meticulous and gorgeous! We had an oceanfront room and enjoyed the beautiful view. My granddaughter loved the Aviary, seeing the flamingos and watching the sharks being fed. We loved all the pools. I have been to Nassau several times and this was by far my favorite. My granddaughter loved the buffet so much we went for breakfast and dinner most days. The Manager, Carlos at the Regatta Buffet was just the best! We developed a great relationship with him during our visit there. He goes over and beyond for his guests. Also, Deidre, our server there was the sweetest woman! She took excellent care of Mya and I. I would return again just to see Carlos and Deidre. Such wonderful people, you are blessed to employ them. The food was excellent.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank suehall2016
Heather Cardone, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2020

Dear suehall2016,

Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Baha Mar during your visit to the Caribbean. It is lovely to know how much you and your family enjoyed our accommodations and our authentic Bahamian service. We are delighted you also had a great time at Regatta and loved the food and service we offer there. We will share your compliments with the team, especially our Chef, Carlos, and Deidre. It is pleasing to read your family had a great time watching our spectacular lake show as well. Thank you for leaving such a generous review, and we look forward to serving you all again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2020 via mobile

Visited this resort in early March with friends and family. We were a total of 8 guests.
Beautiful beach and good food found from food trucks on the beach. No need to carry cash as everything can be credited to room by tapping resort bracelet.
Restaurants were very good but very pricey. Huge casino and many luxury brand shops.
Hotel rooms were nicely decorated and clean, comfortable beds.
**LOCKUP all your valuables and jewelry!!! I made the mistake of leaving 3 rings inside the nightstand by the bed one day, only to find one with a small gem missing when returning back to our room after a day at the beach. I never imagined that anyone would have reason to look inside closed drawers, however, take it from my experience, THEY DO!! After reporting the loss to hotel security I was told they would investigate the matter and let me know if they “find it”. I never heard from them again. I would expect a resort of this caliber to consider theft from their guests the greatest violation of their reputation but apparently they don’t.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank vmar2019
Gerald Ursulet, Other at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2020

Dear vmar2019,
thank you for taking the time to review our property and to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are delighted to learn you and your friends enjoyed our beautiful resort and made the most of all the amenities on offer.
I was however most concerned to learn of your experience with the lost gem and the lack of response from our team. I have taken the liberty to send you a private message so I can personally follow up and let you know the results of our investigation. Please accept my apologies for the delay in letting you know our findings.
Thank you.

Reviewed April 27, 2020

From the moment we arrived we were greeted in a way that made us feel welcomed. We knew we'd arrived to the right place in that moment and knew we were in for a great stay. Check in was 4pm however our flight arrived early and the hotel made it seamless for us to enter our room at 12pm! The room has island decor which was simple and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Our room overlooked a beautiful pool and palm trees. The evening lighting was perfect to view the outside and art deco which highlighted soft pale colors of the buildings. The hotel's 7 pools and outdoor dining for breakfast lunch and dinner was as easy as a walk away. Our favorite dinner was Italian and it was right near the casino so it was easily accessble following dinner. The rooftop opens in evening and offers specialty cocktails and bar menu. Like an outdoor patio room with pergola. I only wish we'd discovered it the first night! As it became dark the lighting was fantastic!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerald Ursulet, Other at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2020

Dear Z5807TKkellyb,
thank you so much for your positive review and for sharing you experience with the trip advisor community.
It sounds like you managed to make the most of our facilities and enjoy our beautiful surroundings. I guess you will have to come back to make try all the cocktails on offer in our rooftop bar.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Gerald

Reviewed April 13, 2020

We had the best time!! We got an unexpected upgrade, the place is beautiful and immaculate. Everyone was so friendly and nice. I would go back in a heartbeat. I am a 54 year old mom, and I was there with my 17 year old son and his cousin, and they had the time of their lives.

Date of stay: February 2020
Management response:Responded April 14, 2020

Dear PMCarroll,
thank so much for sharing your positive experience with the trip advisor community. We were delighted to learn you and your family had a relaxing time with us and made the most of our resort.
We look forward to having you back as our guest in a not too distant future.
Sincerely