48 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$379
Hyatt.comUS$284
travelup.comUS$477
eDreamsUS$379
Orbitz.comUS$284
Trip.comUS$284
4,505 results
All reviews baha mar east tower fountain view cafe madeleine cigar bar food truck beautiful resort sports book vat tax sls hotel nurse sharks balmoral island carnita food and drinks family vacation paddle boards liquor store
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2020 via mobile

This hotel was a dream to stay at. Yes, it’s expensive and yes, you need to watch what you’re buying if you’re staying for as long as we were but we never had a bad experience and it’s a 5* hotel in the Bahamas. Common sense, people!

Rooms: beautiful. The only annoyance - and it’s slight - is not having a solid wall between the bedroom and bathroom. I get why but in the middle of the night when someone goes to the loo, it’s jarring when the lights go on as it shines through the cracks. We asked for a mini fridge as we stopped by a supermarket to pick up juices and extra waters and it was put in our room - though not for a couple of days so do check up on it. We stayed in the main part of the hotel, not the SLS or Rosewood.

Restaurants: I think we tried all of them except the Chinese and Stix. Our favourites were Cleo, Katsuya and Carna. Loved them, would thoroughly recommend. Our least favourite was Commonwealth which was just empty, there was like 3 tables in there. I feel like as the entrance is a bit hidden, there’s no foot traffic. On the whole, the Rosewood side is much calmer in the evening. I think they’ve redone this restaurant since we were there in Nov/Dec.

Daytime restaurants - we loved the truck over by SLS’s beach for fish tacos and truffle fries or a Cobb salad at Drift. We hung out by the Elixir Pool for 12 days out of 14 and loved it there. Calmer, less kids and good service. Take your Yeti or insulated cups, they’re happy to serve water into them!

Drinks/entertainment: we liked the Jazz bar on the main floor and spent most of our time there. The SLS Skybar was great but could get pretty windy. Otherwise the entertainment is the casino!

Spa: brilliant, had one of the best massages. If you’re not leaving until the evening and want to spend the day by the pool, book this instead for a couple of hours before you need to leave. You can shower and get ready after your treatment and it saves you having to keep the room longer.

All in all, we had a great time. Would I return? Yes but not for as long. I’d add it onto a trip to Florida or somewhere else down that way and do a long weekend there. It’s a gorgeous place and the staff were mostly kind and helpful.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank bexiboo09
Reviewed August 8, 2020 via mobile

Booked a couple of rooms in June that we had to cancel due to the Bahamas being closed with the pandemic. Still waiting on a full refund. Sent emails several times but absolutely no response from Grand Hyatt. You would think a hotel chain with a supposedly good reputation would work with its customers. Not sure if I would book with Grand Hyatt again.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasonburke63
Gerald Ursulet, Other at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2020

Dear jasonburke63,
Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for your holidays. I am sorry to hear of your experience and can certainly understand your frustration. I have taken the liberty to send you a private message and can assure you that we will do our utmost to expedite the refund. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar

Reviewed July 9, 2020 via mobile

Really incredible!!!!! You can find everything there .... it’s a paradise!!!! Amazing place !!!! Excellent service! Bahamar roof garden gorgeous!!!! It’s really in another planet !!!! Their hotels are in front of the sea - beach !! But there are Pools also everywhere, food, drinks .. whatever you want ! It’s expensive for Europeans but once you worth to live it !

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Blessed1Traveler
Gerald Ursulet, Other at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2020

Thank you Blessed1Traveler!
What a delight to read your review! Thank you so much for recognising our resort as a place close to paradise!
Our team will certainly be pleased to read your kind words and know that their hard work and passion contributed to a fantastic stay for you and your family.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar

Reviewed June 18, 2020

Me and my wife love to play in the casino and this was our 2nd new years trip here. Our casino host Keith Miller invited us down (comped) to enjoy new years with the family. As in the passed and at every other casino we had ever played at we get comps based on play. It was sad when at checkout I had received a hefty bill for items I was told would be comped and were not (dinners, Drinks ect) , especially when we were comped the prior year. Keith Miller is a joke for a host and clearly has no idea how or what he is doing. He told me there was nothing he could do, after he stated just charge it to the room and I will take care of it. Needless to say my wife and I dropped (Lossed) about $20K. Had I known things would not have been comped we would have played less and stayed for a shorter period of time. It took me so long to write this review because I thought they would make good and they did not. I will take my business to Atlantis where they treat us much better. Again don't Gamble here

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank RL11747

Dear RL11747,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community and most importantly, for bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear of your experience and regret to learn of the confusion with the Casino. I understand that since your review, the Casino management has made contact with you and hopefully helped clarify your concerns.

Despite this unfortunate experience, I sincerely hope you will have another opportunity to come and visit us.
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels take you next to beautiful Bahamas.
Thank you.

Reviewed June 18, 2020

I stayed there in mid February 2020 with my son, daughter-in-law and 8 year old granddaughter. The grounds are meticulous and gorgeous! We had an oceanfront room and enjoyed the beautiful view. My granddaughter loved the Aviary, seeing the flamingos and watching the sharks being fed. We loved all the pools. I have been to Nassau several times and this was by far my favorite. My granddaughter loved the buffet so much we went for breakfast and dinner most days. The Manager, Carlos at the Regatta Buffet was just the best! We developed a great relationship with him during our visit there. He goes over and beyond for his guests. Also, Deidre, our server there was the sweetest woman! She took excellent care of Mya and I. I would return again just to see Carlos and Deidre. Such wonderful people, you are blessed to employ them. The food was excellent.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank suehall2016
Heather Cardone, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2020

Dear suehall2016,

Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Baha Mar during your visit to the Caribbean. It is lovely to know how much you and your family enjoyed our accommodations and our authentic Bahamian service. We are delighted you also had a great time at Regatta and loved the food and service we offer there. We will share your compliments with the team, especially our Chef, Carlos, and Deidre. It is pleasing to read your family had a great time watching our spectacular lake show as well. Thank you for leaving such a generous review, and we look forward to serving you all again soon.