44 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hyatt.comUS$284
Booking.comUS$284
eDreamsUS$284
Hotels.comUS$285
Orbitz.comUS$285
Trip.comUS$298
4,561 results
All reviews baha mar east tower fountain view cafe madeleine cigar bar food truck sports book beautiful resort vat tax sls hotel nurse sharks balmoral island carnita food and drinks family vacation paddle boards liquor store
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2021 via mobile

Checked in today. Basically nothing is open - barely any amenities, the adults only pool is closed, 75% of the restaurants/food options are closed even though the website says they are open.

SLS and Rosewood are both closed and SLS is a literal construction site - excavators and actually building a building on the resort property.

Had we been told this was the state of the resort there is NO WAY I would ever have booked. Our $ is being held hostage by the booking company (SnapTravel) and the Baha Mar desk staff could not have been less helpful.

For the expense of the food and activities you would at LEAST expect transparency as to what you’re being trapped into. Totally disgusted and trapped here. Will never patronize Hyatt again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank dee3914
Gerald Ursulet, Other at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2021

Dear dee3914,
Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and for letting us know that you are currently staying on property.
I understand that one of our Director has met with you earlier today and has addressed your concerns. The construction that is currently happening on the West side of the resort is Baha Bay and its brand new water park is set to open in July. I am sorry it this has impacted your stay.

We are pleased to share that the SLS and Rosewood hotels have just reopened today, along with their signature restaurants. I am confident that your experience will significantly improve. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at gerald.ursulet@hyatt.com if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 2, 2021

I went to Baha Mar after reading glowing reviews on this site. My experience was very different.

The good: The Covid protocols and safety measures are A+, they're doing a really great job keeping everyone safe; the essence band and their lead singer are amazing at the jazz club! casino staff are great; Lydia the manager, the bellhops and valet attendants are awesome; fi'lia staff and manger; Stix , book club,

The bad: The room: we booked a king ocean view deluxe Tuesday to Sunday. We were given a room with guests on either side of us checking in on the same day. of course the first thing everyone does while waiting for our covid results is go out onto the balcony and I was within a foot or two of my neighbors instantly as the balconies were small and very close together. It seemed as they wanted to group us together to save resources rather than space us out. to be clear, the hotel barely has any guests - we called management and Lydia listened to our concerns and put us in a different room

calling the operator will get you a VM. to get someone on the phone you need to play some phone guess dialing... again the hotel is barely occupied so not sure why this was the case

The restaurants: beware of the stated opening times and days on the website- there's an asterisk that says subject to change at hotels discretion .

Pool Bars: only one pool restaurant is open- the drift club I believe and the food is horrible.

service: this was my biggest problem and the reason Im writing this. the service and hospitality was horrible. a few humdingers below :

1. Went to Starbucks everyday around noon and was never greeted with a hello or even acknowledged even though no one else was there. I had to announce myself to someone standing right in front of me doing NOTHING except avoiding eye contact . one instance I said hello and the barista actually said "mmmhmmm" I was floored and rolled my eyes in petulance ... I think her name was Leslie and she was the only one there on Wednesday and Thursday around noon

2. sat by the pool/beach everyday. again the hotel is empty, not many guests. barely anyone at the pool or beach. there's little flags on your chair you raise when you want service. Raised the flag, no one comes for at least 20/30 minutes even though I can see staff congregating at the bar talking and laughing. one day -I think Friday when the pool was a little busier but only slightly I saw two of the staff talk to each other to split helping the two flags that were raised in my area. I could hear them, to paraphrase "you take that one, I'll take that one" the woman that was supposed to come to me literally WALKED PASSED ME and I had to announce myself for service.

3. housekeeping: they tell you when you check in housekeeping is being done every third day or something but if you want every day you can. we were fine with that just wanted waters and towels replenished. because the hotel is empty, finding housekeeping is a task. I guess I could've called but I didn't because getting someone on the phone all the other times I tried thus far was an irritating task- one day my husband and I were leaving for the pool and spotted a housekeeper in the hall - we talked within listening distance of the housekeeper that I'll meet him at the pool and my husband would ask for waters and towels. upon hearing us, the housekeeper hurriedly went into the room she was cleaning and closed the door before my husband could reach her.

4. the jazz club: went almost every night. I think the second night which would be Wednesday, went at around 7- it was very early barely any guests were there- there was staff and looked like a manager in a jacket standing with their back to the service desk they have in the middle of the area across the stage. As we approached a few staff turned around to acknowledge us- not say hello, can we help mind you, just acknowledge- I had to announce myself even though they clearly knew I was there and the manager didn't turn around at all while I asked for a table- kept leaning on the desk with his back turned

I just don't understand this level of service in an empty resort. Someone somewhere is not paying enough attention at baha mar. its a management problem to have this pervasive of a service issue all around the resort . on the very day we checked in Tuesday around 1 there was a man with family shouting about something that had gone wrong and most of the check in staff seemed unbothered to say the least

8  Thank magook6217

Dear magook6217,
thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.
We appreciate your taking the time to highlight the service provided by Lydia and the other members of our team who extended their hospitality to you and your family.

I am grateful for your constructive feedback with regards to your experience ordering food by the beach, housekeeping responsiveness and service at Jazz bar. Please accept my sincere apologies for these service shortfalls. Rest assured that we take your feedback very seriously and will be discussing your experience with our management team. We will double our efforts in training the team and ensure the positive experience you had with some of our associates is repeated across all areas of the resort.

Thank you once again and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed March 2, 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the beautiful Baha Mar resort. The staff were very accommodating. Guests were required to wear masks in interior spaces but were able to roam the beautiful grounds and pool/beach areas without a mask. Would highly recommend particularly right now while deals can still be found.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Journey608061,
warm greetings from sunny Bahamas and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the trip advisor community. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2021

The Grand Hyatt took the time to come up with a comprehensive plan that made us feel safe & ensured that they took Covid very serious. Testing upon arrival took minutes to complete and we received our results within the hour. And, then we were on our way. The staff was very friendly & eager to help. The amenities were superb! You’ll have to check out the aquarium by the grado! I felt as though I was swimming with the sharks, sting rays etc. just amazing! I’d definitely go back & I definitely will recommend this resort.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear ceger2n,
thank you for choosing our resort for this long awaited vacation. We were delighted to learn you had an amazing stay with us and found our facilities to be safe.
We cannot wait for you to be back.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 1, 2021

My wife and I recently visited the Baja Mar and we were thoroughly impressed. Traveling during the pandemic can be unsettling, but the entire Baja Mar staff made our vacation feel safe and welcoming. The Covid-19 protocols in place made us feel very comfortable. They offer onsite instant testing as well as 5 day follow up testing. The staff is consistently sanitizing doors, windows, tables etc. Overall, they are doing an excellent job to keep their customers safe.

We stayed at the resort for just over a week and the service at all of the bars, restaurants and pools was outstanding.

Some special shout outs:
Sean - Bartender at the Lynden was amazing and so accommodating

Peaches - Bartender at Jazz bar made great conversation with us and was top notch!

We took an art class in the Gallery taught by Sam. She was great to work with as she is so passionate about her work. I would recommend this!

We ended up eating several meals at Pizza lab including one night at the bar.
Terrence was our server and was one of the funniest guys at Baja)

During the day, we were poolside and Antonio & Kenson took great care of us at the Dryft.

We had brunch 2 times at 3 tides restaurant and Marco made our meal quite entertaining. He was incredible.

We had one very nice dinner at Fi'Lia and Philip was our waiter. Consummate professional and we had an incredible dinner.

While we were staying at the hotel, the battery in our hotel room door died so we wouldn't get into our room. We went to the front desk and they had Darren at our door within 5 minutes to change the lock and we were on our way. He was incredible nice.

Overall, my wife and I had such a good time and it was nice to get away to a beautiful resort that felt safe. All of our interactions with the hotel staff were positive experiences and I would highly recommend this resort.

2 thumbs up.

1  Thank danbN2124DS
Gerald Ursulet, Other at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2021

Dear danbN2124DS,
thank you for your 2 thumbs up!
We were delighted to have you as our guest and are grateful for you highlighting the exemplary service by so many of our team members. We cannot wait for you to come back for another great vacation!