We went to the Ocean Club after a friend told us such great things. We booked our first visit 8 years ago or so and have made a return visit at least 1-3 times per year after that very first time. We cannot rave more to our friends and family than we already do....so why not to Tripadvisor. In the Caribbean, there are plenty of resorts, most all look at the beautiful blue/green waters and have palm trees. However, what the Ocean Club brings to it is a sense of family. We go back because of the island and the staff are so welcoming. Over the years, we watched our kids grow up at the resort, learning to swim, learn and love a different culture and just have fun.
When your plane lands, Terrence is there to greet you and make your way out of the airport (as well as your return trip back to the airport) as smooth as can be. It is so refreshing to know that when you arrive at that front door you will be greeted by the biggest smiles of David, Roy, Lamart, Dawson, Eduardo and all the rest (sorry for not mentioning everyone). The ladies at the reception desks are so happy to welcome you to the hotel.....we spend some time catching up on their families. The rooms are always spotless. One thing we have noticed over the years is that they UPDATE their rooms, bathrooms, facilities. We have seen many changes and improvements over the years.
Our daughter loved Kids Only. Now that she is becoming a teenager, I don't know what she will do....I'm sure she will still go and help where she can. Elcie, Michael and Paige have always cared for our daughter like their own.
The Spa is beautiful. If you can, have a couple's massage. The massage rooms are partial open-aired and are beautiful. It is soooo relaxing.
Whether you go to the pool or the beach, you won't be disappointed. The staff is always there to help you....visit Quinn, Andrew or Chavez at the pool....or go to the beach and see all the guys that will always be eager to set up your chair. Once they know what you like, each day "your" chair will be in its spot....while you are at it, have monique bring you a coconut bay breeze (sooooo goood - like a frozen mojito with coconut rum).
The food, you can't beat it. Whether you eat at Dune or at the Terrace Restaurant, you will not be disappointed. Start it or finish the night off with a drink at the bar.....It's a terrific end to our night when Bruce or Henry is tending to the bar and catching us up on their lives (or us telling them about ours).
I can't overlook the fact that at the Ocean Club, each room is assigned a butler. Over the years, we have had the pleasure of having Prince as our butler. Not only is Prince attentive throughout our stay at the Ocean Club, he also checks up on us throughout the year. That is terrific service - just checking in with us to see how we are doing. Your butlers are there to help you in any way you can. We always joke that Prince knows what we want before we know we want it.
We have loved every single minute in the Bahamas. The Bahamian people just want you to love their island like they do. The staff is so happy to share this with you if you let them. We have gone bowling with some of the staff quite a few times. What great memories we have made as well as great great friends - for life.
We could go on and on about our love for this place. In the end, we always return to what feels like home filled with family.....we miss them all already!
Give them a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Club Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Paradise Island, Bahamas