“Comfort Suites Improves - Atlantis never again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Paradise Island

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Summit, N.Y.
“Comfort Suites Improves - Atlantis never again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Third time my family of four stayed at the Comfort Suites with access to Atlantis. The Comfort Suites was much improved...cleaner, friendlier staff, better breakfast buffet...however..the reason we chose to stay there is free access to the Atlantis, which unfortunately is now unbearable...all of our vacations were during Spring break so timing of this vacation was not the issue...the difference is that as many as seven cruise ships now dump their guests on the resort each day making the Atlantis an unpleasant place to be,... unimaginable crowds that keep you and your children standing in line for hours to ride a couple waterslides.,.Additionally, the Atlantis made access to the waterpark by Comfort Suites guests more inconvenient by requiring you report to a single service desk, inside the Atlantis, to obtain the necessary wristband each day...although this sounds insignificant it is a problem when trying to compete for lounge chairs with the countless cruise ship visitors...Atlantis changed other things that took away that special island feel....it is now simply an overcrowded waterpark...a waterpark where "no problem mon" was replaced with countless excuses and explanations by staff who could not be less interested in interacting with you...if you dont care all that much about the waterpark or the Atlantis then Comfort Suites is much improved...as for my family...never again...FYI..Anthony's Restaurant (across the street) overpriced with tiny portions... Murray's Deli ...excellent choice for portion and quality..Marketplace (buffet) was expensive but the best food by far and includes dessert...

Room Tip: 4th floor away from heavy foot trafic was great..also easy access to breakfast in the morning
6 Thank George B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We booked our trip to Atlantis/Comfort Suites late compared to most. But I almost stayed at the Atlantis for $850 plus a night but reviews were ok not great. So I decided to spend the $380 a night a Comfort Suites. We went from 4/3-4/8. I am sure most of the rooms at Atlantis were a bit nicer but your not in the room much. Now I was aware Comfort Suites was a moderate hotel - not luxury. But if you are fine with that - then this is place for you. It was clean and most of the rooms were renovated. The staff was very very friendly and helpful. I did NOT like the Atlantis at all for many reasons. First it is way too big and yes there is a lot to do for kids. REMEMBER IT IS ALL ABOUT THE KIDS. But it was way to crowded. The lines to the water slide were crazy. It was long wait. And I did not feel comfortable letting my seven and eleven year old run around this place without my supervision. Chances are they would get lost. Keep in mind cell phones don't work great there and Verizon wanted to charge us 1.99 a minute. Moving on. The place is huge. Not matter were you book your stay-- plan on walking a lot. The Comfort Suites is next door so you have to walk through the smokey casino to go and get your wrist bands for the day but you get over it after a while. However, it was refreshing to go back to the Comfort Suites. We enjoyed the pool and swim up bar. No music all day like at the Atlantis with a DJ pounding out songs all day. It was crazy. The restaurants like everything was expensive but we could not get in most because they were sold out until after 9pm. So we ventured out and found most meals so so. The Blue Lagoon adventure was the highlight of our trip. You take a ferry out and swim with the dolphins etc. Awesome! I would spend the money to do that again. My opinion - I would never go back to the Atlantis. It is was overrated and too busy for us. I missed "relaxing in the islands" which I thought you do on vacation. This place reminded me of Disney without Minnie and Mickey. Very very expensive and I would rather go somewhere else than stay at that overrated water park. We spent half the price and stayed at the Comfort Suites and it was worth it!!! Free breakfast, great staff, clean decent rooms. No brainer. Save your money for something really awesome!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 217. It is right by the walk way to Atlantis. Not noisy at all. We overlooked...
4 Thank Leahbrenna
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

If you are travelling to Nassau and want to see Atlantis with your family, this is the best deal! You can book one night and access Atlantis for 2 full days. They were very efficient and friendly in check in and they secure your bags in a separate room while you water slide all day, then return pick up your luggage and check into clean, large beautiful rooms.Service is as good or better than North America. This service was 10 fold better than the Sheraton where we stayed after our visit to Comfort Inn. The hotel bar had a great band one night, the swim up bar was great, we had kids eat free coupons for Anthony's which was great! If we bought a day access to Atlantis for a family of 4 it would have cost $450, we got the hotel for $300 and 2 full days to Atlantis. One of the best memories of our trip, thanks Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: Any room is good after a full day of water slides and beach at Atlantis. Beds are super comfortable.
3 Thank Travelfoodwrtiter
Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here for access to Atlantis. So hotel was fine, I did not expect much. Our room was on the East Wing (371) great location away from lobby noise and foot traffic. We had water pressure problem and hot/cold irregularity. Not that big of a problem. I have to say staff was friendly, but waited over an hour for shampoo that never arrived so had to get some from neighbor across hall Breakfast was good. Better than paying for Atlantis Buffet. We ate at Frankie Goes Bananas and Twin Brothers at the "fish fry". Frankies was better service and atmosphere. We ate at Anthony's across from hotel. That was ok. Went to Carmines in the Marina Village-Great food, but way to much for family of 4. The portions are family style. So your family needs to agree on food, which in our family was a problem. Ate at Bimini Road at Marina Village, this was very good. Our treat was Easter dinner at the Marketplace Buffet. $56/person. Everything you could image to eat and the food was the best we had. Most dinners for our family averaged $150 including 15% gratuity. Plan to walk ALOT!!!! with access to Atlantis. We had a blast. Atlantis is amazing and lots of fun.

1 Thank ackelley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay with kids. Free breakfast saves ALOT of money. They want $21 per person for breakfast buffets at Atlantis! Staff was very friendly. Walk to Atlantis was easy. We got up early, had breakfast and went to claim chairs by the pools around 8-before the cruise ship passengers arrive. Then we got the bands in front of the Dig. Easy. Bring a cooler and buy cases of water a the nearby store. We asked for a microwave for our room and we got one. They are limited but you can always use the one in the breakfast area. We used it for leftovers and lunch.
Only complaint would be the shower which lost pressure often and switched from hot to cold on its own.

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank sagegl
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here with a friend and my two boys ages 7 and 8. Our entire reason for going was to use Atlantis. It is a great deal. Atlantis is amazing - you could spend an entire day at just one section. We used the beach, the ocean, the slides, the pools, the lagoon, and the boys loved the rapids or "lazy river" - very fun ride. We went during spring break, so lines were insane. We would go at 8:45 to get in line for wristbands, and then get in line for slides at 9:30 and stand for 30 minutes for them to open. You have to hunt down a tube that isn't locked up and get in line with it.....I think if we were to return, I'd like to take them more off season where lines aren't so crazy.

Our direct flight from BWI in baltimore on Airtran was very nice. The lines at the airport for everything were very slow, but, it's the Bahamas, get used to slow!

The hotel staff were very kind and helpful. Although, we stayed in room 377 and it was being painted every day we were there. Very thick paint fumes, men walking around, wet walls, paint buckets everywhere, and also at 2 am there was a sound like I've never heard before out our window, we think it was a dumpster being emptied. My bed was fine, but the boys were very uncomfortable on the sleep sofa. I'd probably pay the extra cash next time for 2 queens. It was nice to have a fridge, and paying for the safe ways worth it.

The free breakfast is awesome, everything you could want. I liked to take a few yogurts and I took advice of fellow TA's and packed a mini cooler and zip locks which i would fill with ice and fed to my son later who is a picky eater..... Definitely bring zip locks and a little cooler, this saved us a ton on snacks and drinks. I also bought a waterproof pouch for my neck off amazon.com and had many people ask me where I got it and smart that was. I got all these tips from all of you, so thank you!

If I had to do it all again, for the price and value, I'd stay at comfort suites. The bartender made more delicious drinks than Atlantis, people are friendly, and the walk is about the same as if you stay in some of the Atlantis properties. It isn't bad at all. The value is just hard to deny! I can't see paying double or triple that for a nicer bed or ocean view, but maybe if I had money to waste or got a great deal I would. With some slight improvements it would be a perfect way to do Atlantis and Bahamas.....but I had low expectations coming into all this.

Other people said the water pressure was bad, or their sinks or toilets wouldn't work well - everything functioned great for us - except the sofa bed which wouldnt' seem to fold properly! But the free wifi, free breakfast, Atlantis amenities, and convenience all make this place worth visiting again.

While there we ate at Bimini Road - delicious shrimp, Murray Street - good salad and fries, and Anthony's - this food was great, but we literally waited 1.5 hours for our food. People were leaving left and right getting tired of waiting. If we hadn't been in soaking wet suits, and starving at 8 pm at night, it may have been easier to take. The food at the outdoor cafes at atlantis were all delicious. People say prices are outrageous, but for $11 you can get nuggets, fries, a cookie and a soda - to me that isn't all that bad! Definitely pack water from home and snacks - it's a huge money saver and very convenient for tiding kids over between meals. With all the activities and walking, the whole family will work up an appetite!
Private message me with any questions.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank joeybagz312
Warrenton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We just returned after stay 8 nights. I did what lots of people suggested I do ~ request a room in the west wing (closer to the walkway to Atlantis). Well, there wasn't any available on the side so we stayed in room 378, on the east wing. When we first stepped off the elevator, there was a sign that said "pardon our dust". Oh great, I thought. - remodeling - there goes vacation But that was completely unfounded.

It was much quieter over in the eastern wing (no foot traffic towards Atlantis). The beds were comfy - each had 5 pillows. Made for a pillow fight of epic proporations. :) Rooms were spacious and the housekeeper was fastidious. No problems whatsoever with the quality of the room. Contrary to what I had read here, no issues with water pressure or temperature.

We stepped out of the elevator just steps away from the breakfast. It makes for a great value... scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, donuts, bread, waffles, danishes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee. Delicious, plentiful and it kept food costs down.

Go down and see Crystal at the pool bar (tell her the woman who caught snapper using Kalik says "hi").

I would definitely go back there again!

3 Thank LadyMacEsq
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
0.6 km away
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
0.3 km away
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
0.6 km away
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,650 reviews
8.4 km away
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
1.0 km away
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
0.5 km away
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,528 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!