2,857 results
All reviewsfree breakfastfree access to atlantisthe breakfast areapink cardhard boiled eggseast winghospitality roomatlantis propertydonutsmarina villagecorned beef hashyogurtatlantis facilitiesswim up baratlantis water parksave moneyper person
Reviewed May 15, 2018

We always stay at Comfort Suites because of the great people and service. This year was just as good as the last one. We booked through Cheap Caribbean and asked for our usual room (#252) which has a great pool view. Check in went very smoothly but our room wasn't ready because we arrived well before the check in time, so we went to the Pool Bar to see Jamal and were greeted with open arms. Our room was spotless and when we asked that the bar on the sliding glass door be removed, it was taken care of right away. The room amenities included a coffee pot, coffee, creamer, etc. plus all the usual soap, shampoo and lotion, as well as a small fridge. We loved the pillows on the bed and wish we knew where they were made.

The free breakfast every morning was very good, with real scrambled eggs, bacon, hash, cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, fruit and much more. Service was great as everyting was replaced on a regular basis before it ran out, and always with a smile and a kind word. For a snack one day we ordered conch fritters that were perfectly fried with good sized bites of conch. We ate dinner at Crusoe's one night and both of our meals were very tasty and came out within a short period of time. If you like spicy food, try the Drunken Uncle. The crab salad sandwich was also extremely good.

The Pool Bar: I can't even begin to say how fantastic it was! We've known Christal, Michael and Jamal for a long time and they know what we like to drink. My companion was thoroughly impressed with the choice of drinks they had (it was her first visit) and tried the local beer Kalik, a tropical drink and a Mudslide. Unlike other bars, they do not scimp on alcohol. The Lobby Bar is a nice alternative after the Pool Bar closes at night.

One of the best ammenities was free access to Atlantis, if you are interested in water parks. We didn't spend a lot of time there, due to the higher prices. There is also a small strip center near Comfort Suites where we purchased too many souveniers; tops, t-shirts, and such, plus a small Straw Market if you don't feel like going into Nassau.

I just love Comfort Suites and am already lining up more friends for next year!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor with even numbers face the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Coral D
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Recently we had about 75+ guests stay at Comfort Suites for 2-3 nights. The guests were invitees to our son's wedding and most of them were first time visitors to The Bahamas. We chose the hotel after careful assessments as we found the place to offer much better value than most of the 'big name' hotels in Nassau - most of them taking a nickel & dime approach to charges. Comfort Suites was different due to its valuable offerings certainly breakfast, resort offerings etc. The wedding and the guests' stay went off very well and out guests have had very positive feedback on the hotel. My wife and I would gladly recommend interacting with Ms. L. Beneby in Sales to organize big events. Thank you very much, Lakeisha and Comfort Suites! ....Abhilash & Bhavana

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank abhachech
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Throughout our three-day stay we repeatedly found the front desk staff unhelpful and robotic. They gave us stock, memorized replies to all our inquiries and requests without addressing our questions individually and personally. This really colored our impression of the hotel and it's management.

I will note that the staff in the restuarant and behind the scenes were always very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GrandTour586068
comfortsuitespi, Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your front desk experience. Our guests are important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure that your experience does not occur in the future.

We do value our guests and again we sincerely apologize for your experiences.
Yours sincerely,

Lana Davis
Business Process Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2018

We stayed there for spring break the week before Easter in 2018 (March 2018). We loved the hotel and it was very affordable if you want to go to Atlantis. It is right next door and you have access to all the pools and beaches along with the water park. The free breakfast in the morning is nothing special but is good. Gets very crowded so go early. The downside with 3 teenagers was the wifi was awful. Didn't really work most of the time. But you can walk to Atlantis Marina and eat at all the restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank PSU-JOHN-S
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

I will start by saying that you get what you pay for. The hotel is pretty clean and the pool area is small, but nice.
We didn't eat lunch or dinner there so I can't say much about the food, except breakfast is pretty average. Scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, waffle, cereal. Oh, a con to mention is there is no room service. If you want bottled water, they do not stock the fridge, you must run to the front desk and get it yourself. Also the fridge was not even working in the room, and the bottle of Veuve Champagne we bought definitely didn't get chilled like we expected it to when we decided to drink it.

Now the front desk staff and room cleaning staff were very pleasant, but I can say that management was not very understanding.

We arrived Sunday night and upon check in decided to get a beverage at the lobby bar. We billed the 60$ tab to our room, which would be charged on a credit card. We found out the next evening that the charge did not go through when entering back from being out for the day. We ensured that we would get the credit card looked at and make sure they would be able to charge it, as we did when we got back to the room. The next day, which would have been Tuesday, we came in the hotel after being out at the beach and realized our card did not work to the room. (Side note: this happened multiple times) we went to the lobby to get a new card where the manager told us she would not issue a new one until we settled our tab with the bar. We did not realize it still did not go through, and unfortunately my boyfriends phone died so he was not able to check why. She said we could charge our phone in the lobby and basically held our stuff ransom until she could charge the credit card. Of course my boyfriend got upset, and eventually after a few exchange of words she gave us a new key. And we did settle the tab from the bar!!!

I am never one to usually write a review, but this type of service is unprofessional and very surprising. I understand we had a tab to pay, but we definitely weren't running away. We also purchased and fully paid for a room at the hotel, so it is very uncalled for to keep us out of that room because of a separate issue. To top this off, when we did arrive their systems were down and we were given a key to a room which was already occupied by someone else's luggage and belongings. Luckily we are good people and did not touch anything and just left to inform the front desk. Unfortunately not everyone is this honest, and it is unsettling to know that someone could have been given the key to my room with all my valuables in there.

All in all, not somewhere I would stay again. I am not very picky when staying places, I have worked in the hospitality industry for a long time, and I know better than to give people a hard time. I understand maybe none of this was intentional, but sometimes these mistakes are the ones which need to be carefully reexamined so they don't happen again!

Fortunately the island of Bahamas made up for the lack of

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple