“Long Enjoyable Stay at 9A Sunrise”

Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I loved staying at 9A Sunrise. The apartment is spacious and spotless and the resort is a great place to stay. Although there is always something going on at the onsite bar/restaurant Viola's the overall atmosphere is relaxing. The owner is responsive and accommodating to requests. The view over the pool and beach is amazing and having direct access to the beach is fantastic. It is possible to walk to the attractions on Paradise Island namely Atlantis so this makes it terrific value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank IFN

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I've stayed at many units at Sunrise Beach Club over the years and Unit #12 is one of the nicest I've stayed in. The owner has done an incredible job of renovating it and updating it with everything you would need to ensure you have one of the most enjoyable vacations possible. No outdated or shabby furnishings here. Unit #12 has been decorated in the finest taste with new, stylish and comfortable furniture in every room, including large flat screen tv's in the living room and both bedrooms. You will feel like you are living in your own home in this little piece of Paradise. The location couldn't be better. Right on the beach and situated between Atlantis and the Ocean Club makes it a very convenient location. The owner is very helpful and takes great pride in ensuring that all his guests have a great time. Already planned my next trip!!

Room Tip: Best rooms are Villa # 9A, #12, #12A all beautifully decorated and updated with all amenities needed...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Barb W
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I have been coming to The Bahamas since 1988 I was just there August 1st throught August 8th. I pulled up roots and stay there for a year. So let me be the first to tell you. Your not going to fine a better are nicer, cleaner, place than Sunrise Beach Club & Villas. You dont have to deal with wating on a elevator that is going to empty you off into a noisy lobby. Or lose sleep because the hotel room next to yours had a crying baby all night. At a big Hotel you don't get to know the staff here at sunrise beach club & villas You will know everyone's name it is my home away from home and that is how I am treated. My AC, stove, TV, Clock, Microwave, Bed, The refrigerator that kept my Kalik beer cold every thing was five ***** See you guys in March 2012

Room Tip: Go to the website www.sunrisebeachclubandvillas all one word and what you see is what you get. They...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank carolyn d
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Unfortunately the front desk manager made this stay a disaster for my family. The original quoted price was not honored and there was truly no hospitality found. If I were to plan my stay here again on Paradise Island I would definitely choose Comfort Suites at Atlantis and be done with it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank nat d
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I’ve just returned from my 8th year at Sunrise Beach Club on Paradise Island in the Bahamas.  The beach (Cabbage Beach) is one of the most beautiful and well kept beaches I have ever visited.  The Ocean is the perfect temperature this time of year.  The property has several pools which are great for a quick dip after the Ocean to get the salt off.  Our unit was very cozy and comes with a little kitchen, which is great for making breakfast or late night snacks.  My favorite part of Sunrise is Viola’s Bar, locals and tourists gather here nightly and a great time is had by all.

My one pet peeve in past years is that there is no grocery store on Paradise Island.  This year the staff recommended FoodStore2Go.com  I ordered my groceries online and they delivered right on time, even packed the groceries away for me.  Their customer service was so amazing I promised to include them in this.

• Stayed: August 2011
7  Thank Kesh T
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and her mother and sisters stayed at the Sunrise Beach Club Nassau the week Irene hit. While not a direct hit I wanted to know that the family was safe. I emailed the Club and got a quick response back from the manager Sharron assuring me that all was fine and that she would relay a message to my wife. Sharron followed up with an update that day and a subsequent request to their front desk by email the days later was relied to promptly as well. I am impressed.

I look forward to my wife's return and to her impression of the Club. Mine from my vantage in Vancouver, Canada is excellent.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mile123
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is a 2 bedroom ground floor unit. We stayed in it for 4 long days in July 2011. Here are the problems we had with this unit:
1. AC did not work, so you can imgaine how uncomfortable this ways during peak summer month. The inside temperature was a steady 80+ degrees
2. Awful smell in the entire unit. The maintenance folks could not figure what was causing it
3. 2 TV's did not work
4. The two twin beds were like lying on a bed of metal springs

Before you book, contact the owner and ensure that these items are fixed and ask for your money back if they are not.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jtkjiv
tapei, Owner at Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thanks for this comment on Sunrise 12
AC service rarely breaks down and this can cause a musty smell
this has been fully corrected- and the cooling is efficiently running now
both tvs in bedroom had poor quality reception and both have been fixed
with Cable Bahamas providing an onsite visit and the tvs are now working fine
the beds are comfortable and we have had no complaints
the beds are actually brand new - 1 year old as is most of the furniture
we have asked people staying and this is the only complaint
naturally if we have further complaints we will address them promptly as we did in this case
we welcome all feedback and appreciate when all comments provide a balanced summary
the call for AC repair was done as quickly as possible -when we were notified
This location has unique Indian style furniture and is fully equipped with direct ocean view and we welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
One & Only Ocean Club
#3 of 14 in Paradise Island
0.4 km away
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas? Share your experiences!