“Beautiful place very very very expensive food.”

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Paulding, Ohio
“Beautiful place very very very expensive food.”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

It was a gorgeous place to visit. We stayed a week and breakfast was at least $50/day, lunch $70/day, and dinner well over $100/day for two people...we asked why food was so expensive and was told this was an island. We have been to many other islands and have not experienced the food expense near this high.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 April 2012

February 2007:
This was the first trip that we had booked in a hotel with such a reputation. We learned quickly when you book at an expensive place everything around it is expensive as well. We went to the marina the first night for dinner and quickly learned that you can save a lot of money by leaving Atlantis and eating at some of the local places near by.

Highlights:
Ardastra Zoo with the only marching flamingos ( Best Zoo I have ever been to)
Drinks: Miami Vice, Rum Punch, Piña Coladas and Strawberry Daquiri were the best of anywhere in the Caribbean
Conch Fritters
Leap of Faith
playing in the waves at the beach

Room Tip: Don't eat at the Marina. Leave the Atlantis grounds and there are some places just a little walk...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Atlantis is an outstanding resort. You can literally spend your entire vacation here and not leave! However, the beach towers are so dated. It doesn't feel like you're even staying in the resort when you are in the beach towers. Would I stay in the beach towers IF that's the only room I could afford at Atlantis? Yes. But, if you can afford the Royal towers...stay there!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We have spent with my wife and kids three unforgettable days. Staffs are very nice, helpful and smiling any time.
Installations are maintained well everything is beautiful.
For the hotel, it is true that it is a little bit old but everything is in perfect condition. Beds are good and balcony sea view for quiet moment in every room ... but you are not in Atlantis to stay in your room !!!
Day to the pools, transat, sea, attraction, drinks and music. Night movie theatre, night club casino, and many more. Whom you are of beach, coral or royal tower, you have access has all the installations.
Restaurants are very nice but expensive ... We have preferred restaurants outside Atlantis cheaper and also Nassau which is has 10min by taxi and $4/pers.

My conclusion is that ... When are we return it !!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nathanfl
Boston, Ma.
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I recently came back from a 4 night stay at Atlantis on Paradise Island, Bahamas. We stayed in the Banyan Villas which are located near the lazy river. Here are some of my observations:
Atlantis is very big and there are lots of people everywhere. The Villas are only two stories and offer a small amount of seclusion from the hustle and bustle. Food and beverage are very expensive. The Aqua Adventure slides and rides were very congested and it seemed that the layout of the waiting lines only added to the problem. There also were many people on the beach selling everything from drinks to hairbraiding to jewelery. It was nice to buy some local things but it is bothersome after a while. The pools were all great. They charged $15/day extra to use the fitness center. The casino was OK. I had trouble finding a seat at a blackjack table for less than $100 minimum. The is alot of marine life located in various tanks around the property, including a massive tank near the main casino. All in all, the hotel room was ok, the grounds were beautiful and the pools and the Aqua Adventure slides are sure to keep most kids busy. I would recommend bringing snacks and drinking water. also BYOB. Drinks are about $11.75 a piece for mixed drinks..

Room Tip: Staying at the villas lets you have some separation from the larger hotel style buildings
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Waynegrow2
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I left on a Cruise to the Bahamas on April 5th which arrived in Nassau the next day. I wanted to enjoy the Atlantis Resort so I called a week before we left to find out the cost. I was told we had to book a room in the Beach Tower to get 4 bracelets that would allow us access. We had 4 adults with us, I explained that to the person I spoke with on the phone. The cost was $639.00 for 1 night and I payed it. When I arrived, I was so excited but when I went to check in, the front desk associate said the room was booked for 2 adults and 2 children. I explained to her that I booked it for 4 adults. She kept saying she had to charge me another $100 plus tax which was 18%. I asked to speak to the Manager who was ZERO help and a total snob. She basically said pay it or leave. I was already so upset at the $638 for the 4 wrist bands and to now think I would have to pay close to $800 for 4 wrist bands was making me sick. I asked them to pull the call when I made the reservation to listen to it to confirm I said 4 adults and of course they wouldn't. I ended up having to pay $800.00 which was such a rip off. The staff at Atlantis is rude, snobby and I will never return again. The funny thing, I was going to have my wedding there. Not now!

• Stayed April 2012
11 Thank SchwiebertParente

Travellers are raving about these Paradise Island hotels

Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We just traveled to Atlantis for Spring Break. The property is beautiful. However, we stayed at the lower end hotel Beach Tower for 5 nights, bought air fare and the meal plan and spent $6000. We couldn't get reservations anywhere when we arrived, until we tipped the concierge $20 and then miraculously had a reservation at Seafire Steakhouse and Carmines. Anyone traveling there should make reservations before traveling. The water slides were great, if you didn't have to stand in a line for an hour due to all the cruise ship tourists they allow on the property. I spoke with a person from the cruise ship while in line and she said her family was just discussing how they would be very upset as Atlantis guests to have to deal with the extra 8000-10000 people they let in from the ships. The Atlantis guests do not get any priority over them but spent 3 times the money. My son and I love slides, yet didn't get to do half of them due to wasted time in lines. It is a free for all to get a chair by the pools due to the crowds as well. Good luck getting a tube for lazy river. We bought the dolphin shallow water experience and spent over $500 more on top of our $6000 and then had to pay $150 after for the pictures! Although the dolphin experience was awesome, very over priced. Lunch is not included in the meal plans and neither is the tips for any meals.A Pina Colada or any frozen drink was $15. We ended up spending $8500 on this trip!!!! Not worth that price. The staff on the property did not care about helping you. The staff in the upper end restaurants were very good. I would strongly suggest spending your money more wisely on a trip!

Room Tip: Chose a room in the Royal Towers. Much easier to use the property from that middle point.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
8.3 km away
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
0.2 km away
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!