7,104 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseleap of faithbahamian club
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

If you're expecting a 4+ star hotel don't stay here. The hotel is definitely showing its age. 1/2 the staff seemed to be happy to be there and the other half has RBF and won't crack a smile. One of the biggest annoyances with the resort was the inconsistency is of pricing throughout. I ordered a chicken breast add on to my salad at one cafe in the water park and it was $6, but at another they charged $4. Regardless of what you order or buy, there is a 15% added gratuity and 12% sales tax added to everything. I can say some employees definitely deserved the 15% and most did not and I was not allowed to remove the gratuity at the end. How is that okay? The food quality was terrible and horrifically over priced. Obviously the resort knows what they're doing as they inflate everything because you are stuck there and have no other options. Drink prices were not that bad however if you order a double they charge you for 2 drinks and that can add up. My advice to anyone that is considering traveling to Atlantis don't! Go on a cruise and make sure the ship stops at Nassau. Not worth the money spent, I could have taken my family to Maui for the money spent there.

8  Thank maryannd741
Reviewed August 12, 2018

So this is my second time staying at Atlantis, first time in about 12 years. This is probably the only resort in the world that takes the sea life of Sea World, a casino and a water park into one resort. So if you want a hotel that offers all three of those, this is the best choice. However, there is a lot that you will have to tolerate. First, it is very expensive in the same way that London or Paris is expensive meaning that EVERYthing is priced very high and options are limited to those high prices so there is no escaping them. There are very few casual dining options which is weird since it is clearly a family resort. They had several 5 star dining options which is great for the foodies that want a 3 hour gastro experience but for a family of four that has had a long day at the pools, there are very few convenient options and they are FAR away from each other. The shuttle around the property is not convenient. During peak times, it's full and you're sitting waiting for the next one forever. There should be multiple dining options at EACH hotel on the property at all price levels. It was off peak and still overcrowded. This place is clearly focused on total revenue and not customer experience or else they wouldnt sell pool access tickets to cruise ship passengers when the hotel guests already fill up the rides. As for the excursions, they are more expensive then any cruise ship or carribeann island excursions I have seen. $300 for a one hour seal lion excursion, $115 to snorkel the aquarium etc. Discovery Cove in Orlando in Orlando is much less expensive and a much better experience. They cap the numbers of guests allowed in daily, novel concept! The junior ultimate trainer for a day was $300 and it was "land-based", meet and greet of a dolphin, sea lion and then a behind the scenes look at the animal hospital?! I don't get it. $10 for a large bottle of water in the sundries, couldnt do a meal for family of four for less than $120, etc. etc.

And by the way room housekeeping was AWFUL They hadn't dusted our room in weeks, we had a room service tray in our room for TWO DAYS without being removed. They basically made the bed and replaced towels even between guests. If I ever come back here it will only be because my kids begged me and will probably stay on Paradise Island at a different resort.

Room Tip: The Royal is the "center" of the resort, Cove is catered to adults and is more luxury
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Robert S
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a corporate trip last week at the Royal tower. We had a room on the 16th floor with a great view. Initially, we had an issue with a foul smell which was resolved after several trips to the front desk. We believe that customer service, especially at the front desk is lacking. We also had an issue with our final bill which took time to resolve. The weather was great so we were able to overcome the annoyances with the front desk regarding our room and final bill.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Thank George + Caroly... S
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to finally bring my kids to Atlantis for vacation. Unfortunately, it really doesn’t live up to the hype. It is way overcrowded and the staff can be downright rude. One and done for me.

1  Thank Brock A
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

As a family of six, and of all ages, we all enjoyed the many different pools, beaches, slides, and rapid river rides available! It was a very safe, clean, and friendly environment! We especially were fond of Attamus, a lifeguard who took time to suggest slides we should try, answered our many questions we had, and just made our family vacations a really awesome experience! My kids were excited to look for his smiling face daily by the pool! Thanks for going beyond your duties!!!