3,235 results
All reviews cain pool adult pool mesa grill club level water park sapphire suite royal towers walk in closet turn down service sea glass cafe martinique huge bathroom lazy river family pool private pool mosaic buffet meal plan
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Just spent four nights at The Cove. I have nothing but praise for this hotel. The room was spacious and the view from the 20th floor (club floor), was breathtaking. The housekeeping staff was excellent. The room was cleaned daily (in detail). I walked in one day while they were cleaning and saw them scrubbing the toilet, cleaning the soap dishes and scrubbing out the bathtub (we had not even used the bathtub). They also performed turndown service nightly.
The Club Floor was worth spending extra money for. The food put out three times a day was tasty and well presented. The cocktails mixed to order at the club bar were delicious and contained generous amounts of alcohol; no skimping here. We really enjoyed the Cove pool. The music spun by a DJ was lively and created a great mood. All of the guests seemed to be truly enjoying themselves. My husband and I took advantage of the poolside casino. It was a nice touch to be able to enjoy the outdoors while playing blackjack and craps and listening to great music. A real party atmosphere. I would also recommend paddle boarding with the Dolphins at Dolphin Cay. This is apparently a newer addition. We really enjoyed it! We will be returning.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 22, 2017

My husband and I decided to finally take a vacation without the kids. Finally it was time to drop our boys off at the grandparents, and head down to paradise from Wednesday 8/16-Sat 8/20. I had high expectations for The Cove, especially considering how much you pay to be there. The buildings themselves are beautiful, ground is well kept, staff checking us in were great. We get to our room and it meets all expectations with an amazing view. All the food that I ate was great-although expensive, but I don't mind paying for good food. The bar staff at the Seaglass were great. My husband and I had fun acting like big kids at the waterpark. The most impressive building was the royal towers where the casino is located.
Now for the not-so-good: I am an easy to get along with person--doesn't take a lot for me to have a good time. We ran into several staff that were very rude-made me feel as though I was "important enough" to be there. Having bad customer service is just not something I deal with well--I am a guest on vacation that has paid a lot to be there and I expect to be treated as such. Getting a drink at The Cove pool will take an upwards of 30 minutes--whether you walk to the bar yourself or have one of the girls that come around. This was a regular complaint that I heard from several guests that I spoke with. If you use the poolside wait staff, you must give them a room key--so when you are ready to go or if you need to go back to your room, you once again have to wait an upwards of 30 minutes to get your key back. On one occasion I had to go to the bar and have them track down my key. I find this unacceptable and not enjoyable when you are constantly having to wait so long for everything. On top of having to wait, EVERYTHING you buy already has a 7.5% gratuity added on. I'm even talking about a bottle of water from the convenience store they have! Maybe this is why service is less than par?--because unlike what I am accustomed to, they aren't "working" for their tip. On our last night there we met with some other couples that we had met during our stay and went to The Jokers Wild comedy club. The opening acts were pretty funny. The main act was @ValerieStorm--she is probably the worst comedian I have ever paid money to see and probably the most rude of them all. We were in the front row--so of course we expect to get called out or picked on. No big deal--makes the show more fun. One of the first things she did was call out a female that was in our group. She said some really nasty things about her, and when the female said something back to the comedian she became very aggressive and asked her to leave and was just very ugly about the whole deal. So after we paid money to be there, we left 5 minutes after the main act without getting any type of refund and we were actually locked in by a staff member because they thought we were walking out on our bar tab. I have never witnessed anything like it before and was very taken back, and honestly just put a bad vibe on the rest of our evening.

All in all, I would probably not stay at Atlantis again. I was just very taken back by the extremely rude staff members (although we met a few great ones, the bad ones far exceed the good), long wait times, added tips, and how expensive everything was (8 dollars for a bottle water is extreme). When I choose a place to vacation and pay thousands of dollars to stay there, I expect to be treated with respect and like staff want me at their facility. When you go on vacation you want to be shown a great time, and that is not what happened during my stay--and that was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have a great view, ask for uprade when checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Kayla_Martin_08
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a Nightmare, super rude staff! Rude people!! The room service took 2 hours and my son is starving!! The food is horrible!! It's too expensive for the treatment you receive. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Carlitacb
AtlantisBahamasTeam, Manager at The Cove at Atlantis, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Hi Carlitacb, We are disappointed that your time at The Cove did not live up to your personal expectation. For those reading this review, The Cove is elegantly situated between Cove and Paradise Beaches creating the feeling of being cast away on a private, white-sand sanctuary. The ultra-luxury property was designed by architect Jeffrey Beers to bring high design together with the bluest ocean and mother of pearl hued sand. The result is an open air lobby that rises and sets with the day, an exclusive poolscape that gently skim the private beaches, stunning and sensual rooms and suites, a collection of unparalleled dining and shopping and purposeful service delivered with Bahamian warmth. We do hope that you will consider joining us again so that we can deliver a truer Atlantis experience. - The Cove Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Came as a stop over to the Exumas, nice atmosphere, amazing views, great staff and great rooms...
So much we decided to stop over on our way back to Chub Cay.
The staff is friendly and always trying to pamper the guest, this is a must visit hotel while in the Nassau area

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carminecolarusso

Hi Carminecolarusso, Thanks for sharing your amazing experience at The Cove! It sounds like your first trip to Atlantis will not be your last and for those reading this review, José Andrés’ is thrilled to announce the newest incarnation of its Fish by José Andrés concept, slated to open in early 2018 at the idyllic The Cove at Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. The unique seafood- focused concept from chef José and his team will celebrate the delectable abundance of fish and seafood from the azure waters of the Bahamas and Caribbean Sea, delivering an unmatched dining experience for resort guests as well as locals. See you again soon. - The Cove Atlantis Management Team

Reviewed August 17, 2017

There is no denying the beauty of the hotel and the beauty of the island. The room was magnificent and perfect for our family of four. However, I was so completely disappointed and filled with anxiety when it was time to eat. My children have a number of food allergies and I alerted the hotel prior to check-in. Spending time completing the form that listed their allergies was a complete waste of time. There was no record of it anywhere. We were told to ask for the head chef prior to ordering and he would discuss menu options with us. We followed those directions and had to wait and wait and wait for the chef to come to our table. It was obvious to us by the unfriendly demeanor of each chef we spoke to that they were not interested in leaving the kitchen to speak with us. I would tell the chef my children’s allergies and ask for suggestions. I did not receive suggestions—I received deer in headlight blank stares. Then I would ask if they could eat certain menu items such as mac and cheese. I was told yes, but then asked if the macaroni was made at plant the processed egg and nut products. The chef told me he didn’t know. So how can you say that my child can eat it if you don’t know. He went to check and sent the waiter back with a no. On our final day we went to Olives and only saw our waiter when he took our order. Despite there been tons of empty seats we had to go and get him for the check. There was a complete lack of knowledge when it came to allergies which should be an embarrassment for such a large hotel. Besides horrendous service at the restaurants the prices are being marked up to an almost offensive amount. Tip: Stop and buy snacks and drinks before check-in or just go somewhere else.
Also, dirty cups remained in room from Day 2 until check out and housekeeping never vacuumed sand off rug. Overall staff lacked friendliness and are in desperate need of customer service training. I will NOT be back…EVER!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family