We just returned from 5 nights at the Reef, Atlantis. Overall we had a great time and our 10 year old son LOVED it and all the adventures of the water park.
This was our second trip to Atlantis...the first one being 4 years ago and we stayed at the Cove. I think if I hadn't stayed at the Cove before, I would have liked the Reef better than I did. The Cove is Atlantis' flagship property with the highest prices and nicest rooms. The Reef is second but really not comparable in terms of quality of room. Don't get me wrong, the Reef is nice, very nice, just in comparison a bit of a disappointment. We had a few issues upon check in (fridge was not working, room not seemingly cleaned properly) so things started a bit roughly. The management ended up changing our room and giving us a small credit and some nice amenities. After that things turned around significantly and I felt as though the hotel was very accommodating to our needs. As everyone else on here states, the entire resort is expensive beyond belief! We knew that going, and that was one of the main reasons for choosing the Reef. We had a studio room with a fridge, microwave, small cooktop, dishwasher etc. We weren't planning on cooking elaborate meals but packed breakfast items and snacks and had breakfast every morning in the room, saving on the cost of going out. We didn't visit any of the very expensive restaurants (we tried but couldn't get a reservation) so overall our food expenditure was very low for a place like this. We had the taxi stop at a grocery store on the way from the airport and purchased milk and 2 cases of bottled water...a must if you want to drink bottled water. We also stopped at a liquor store for some beer and wine. The beach and pools at the reef are gorgeous. I loved walking on the beach every morning while my husband and son were waterparking-it. Although the Royal Towers is much more convenient to the waterpark, casino etc. I would not want to stay there, as it is much more of a Las Vegas type atmosphere. The Reef is much more quiet and peaceful. The staff everywhere (from the front desk to the men cleaning the seaweed off the beach) are amazingly nice and friendly and chatty. I was very pleased to see that, as that is not always the case. I think Atlantis is a great place to visit with children...if we were traveling without our son, this is not where I'd go, but it is worth a visit, knowing that you will overpay for everything. I tried not to think about that aspect of it and just enjoy the experience, which I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Paradise Island, Bahamas