From Michigan - family of 5 with 3 children, 16 - 14 -11
Called Atlantis - Found an owner that rented out his unit from March 30-April 7 for $300 a night
Drove to Toronto, Ontario and flew direct via westjet for $342 a person - checked bags free
Packed 1 large bag full of dry food, cans, snack bars, poptarts, etc
Utilized the Reef Owners driver for transportation to and from airport $60 each way
Stopped at Supermarket to load up on meat, cheese, milk, bread, beer, rum, punch - $250
Woke up - made breakfast - went down stairs every morning at 8:30 a.m. to put towels on beach chairs on beach...
worked out on the 2nd floor of the Reef as we were in an owners unit - no charge
brought sandwiches, snacks, fruit in a cooler bag - and rum, pineapple juice and beer in cooler
and sat on beach every mid morning til around 2, and slipped into pool a couple of times....
went to aquaventure, each day with the kids...even better at 5 p.m. as a lot of people cleared out to get ready for their reserved dinner times
booked Dolphin Cay for the 5th at the Owners Desk in Reef and got 20% off
went to Joker's Comedy Club on Wednesday for the 'pg' show with kids....my 14 year old was hypnotized, bought dvd for $30
family took taxi to Oh Andros for $20, eat there, pretty good grouper - spicy rice, then walked to Senior Frogs for a pint
Taxi beeped at us as we were walking downtown - asked if we needed ride - told him 10$ including the $1 toll to get over bridge - agreed
I read a lot of reviews on this board which prepared us for a great trip...never bought the food on the Atlantis grounds and saved a lot of $$...did the Starbucks prior to heading on to beach..there is a wait, but who cares...relax...probably don't need the coffee if you are already worked up about waiting...
Oh - almost forgot, it is $125 for the resort fee, but we got it for $75 for our family of 5 because of the owners unit we were in...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Paradise Island, Bahamas